RUMOUR: Bigi has left the building (3 Viewers)

skybluebeduff

Twitter rumour is Bigi has been sold to Newcastle for £750k

Pete Norwood ‏@petenorwood
#pusb ?? >> “@charliescho: just found out bigi's gone to newcastle for 750k. well done sisu.”

Take it with a pinch of salt but I'm guessing it's true.

Otis

Nowt surprises me these days.

Half expecting that next time I go for a pee at the Ricoh that the urinals have been sold and replaced with a galvanised bucket.

dongonzalos

Who is Pete Norwood. Is it someone in the know.

If newcastle bid anything over 500k I expect it will be accepted. Only way it won't happen is if Bigi says no.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Think I'll wait for a more reliable source. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

Nonleagueherewecome

This is up there with RUMOUR: There is a Chinese man with lots of money!

dgm

So the transfer embargo has been lifted then -thought not why do some individuals pretend they know something -if you've no real news keep it shut eh guys

dongonzalos

This is up there with RUMOUR: There is a Chinese man with lots of money!

You think that is a rumour?

I saw a chinese man leave the Ricoh yeterday. He had a pen in his hand and some building plans for a hotel. Also Eden Hazzards phone number on a piece of paper.

Was not going to post it on here, as people just accuse you of pretending to be in the know.

ccfc_Tom

Never anything positive on these forums anymore. Considering jay rodriguez is joining southampton for 7mil dunno how we shouldn't be getting at least 3-4mil for bigi (add ons too)

dongonzalos

So the transfer embargo has been lifted then -thought not why do some individuals pretend they know something -if you've no real news keep it shut eh guys

Dont think that is relevant the club can still sell players I am sure?

skybluebeduff

Never anything positive on these forums anymore. Considering jay rodriguez is joining southampton for 7mil dunno how we shouldn't be getting at least 3-4mil for bigi (add ons too)

£7Mill gets a 22 goal per season player, £750k gets you a league one youngster

johnwillomagic

3-4 million for Bigi!!! Someone's been on the bank holiday loopy juice!!!!

Someone explain how the hell he is worth anywhere near that!!! He has played about 30 games in a side relegated from championship, he scored no goals and I think can only have one handful of assists at best.

I think if we get 1 million from Newcastle we should snap their hands off - 750k not bad....if it allows us to keep Crainie and Keogh.....which is a big if I would be truning cartwheels at this transfer. I like Bigi but an see him getting nowhere near Newcastle's first team to be honest.

valiant15

Yes great buisiness,sell one of the promising youngsters for a paultry fee so shitsu can keep their investors happy. Brilliant buisiness sense.

johnwillomagic

I wouldn't say 1 million is a "pautry" fee for Bigi if we get that given his experience and stats to date.,.....on gaols, assists etc....:whistle:

dongonzalos

3-4 million for Bigi!!! Someone's been on the bank holiday loopy juice!!!!

Someone explain how the hell he is worth anywhere near that!!! He has played about 30 games in a side relegated from championship, he scored no goals and I think can only have one handful of assists at best.

I think if we get 1 million from Newcastle we should snap their hands off - 750k not bad....if it allows us to keep Crainie and Keogh.....which is a big if I would be truning cartwheels at this transfer. I like Bigi but an see him getting nowhere near Newcastle's first team to be honest.

Unfortunately I think everybody would take that deal. lose bigi keep Cranie and Keogh, however that is not happening. Carnie is not officially gone yet because he has not got the contract he wants yet from a champonship club.

Keogh is not gone yet because Cov think they can hold out for 900k

All just IMO

However I do not know what posesses someone to think we have a chance of keeping these 2 players.

Just put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself what would you do.

SISU have offered them contracts to play in league one. The only reason you may consider it, would be if you were totally confident that the club were going to be one of the strongests teams/squads in the division.

Whilst they are mulling over this offer SISU have not paid their rent and the club are in a transfer embargo.

The only other reason you may consider staying is if you were going to be paid well over the odds to compensate for you chosing to play in a lower league. Cov paying well over the odds.......

So the choice is sign up for league one wages trusting that SISU will sort out the embargo and invest enough money to make a real genuine challenge for promotion, or join a championship club paying you more money, playing a better standard of football.?

johnwillomagic

I know what you are saying steveo but taking sky blue shades off......Bigi whilst having some promise is certainly no Alex Oxlade Chamberlain!

Chipfat

Not good news very talented lad, but im not shocked or suprised by the form from the owners, Bigi will not be the last on the way out, as SISU are cashing in on what they can.. Any club with the ambition does'nt sell one of the brightest young talents, especally one who has already be given a national award. This not only weakens the squad it send the wrong message to the current squad, which was the same message the squad had last year.

And with SISU in no rush to file accounts as they still can sell players, i hope mr Mutton and the trust are keeping an eye on this and react to finding out what is going on... I dont see TF Bounce back anything yet, just another new face being sent out to spin bollocks,,,,anyone keen for another relegation dog fight!!!!!!!!!!!

Astute

Keogh is not gone yet because Cov think they can hold out for 900k

Keogh got married this weekend. I would say his new wife will have a slight say in the matter. Would she want to live in Wales or even near Wales? The two offers that have come in so far.

Nonleagueherewecome

I know what you are saying steveo but taking sky blue shades off......Bigi whilst having some promise is certainly no Alex Oxlade Chamberlain!

Not quite, but he's good enough to have had Man U, Chelsea and Man C scouts sniffing around him for the past 18 months. I'm confident that he's a potential 10-15m player in the making. I think people keep forgetting just how young he is, and not everyone has seen him perform at his best yet.

Much like Turner, we are selling a player when they are miles off their peak value at the club. Sell Gael in 2 years when he's worth 3m and it makes much more business sense. Plus he doesn't want to go, loves the club, and seriously-do you think a penny of that will go on the team?!? It'll just go in SISU's pockets!

Nonleagueherewecome

Keogh got married this weekend. I would say his new wife will have a slight say in the matter. Would she want to live in Wales or even near Wales? The two offers that have come in so far.

From what I know, if it's the "near Bristol" end of Wales, that won't be a problem.

shy_tall_knight

Based on what I have seen of Bigi he is a raw talent, too early too judge whether this is a good deal for the club, Bigi 2 years older playing in a decent team we may be able to determine his true quality.

however not sure whether to us fans it matters if the deal is £500,000 or £1,000,000, don't think the extra £500,000 will lead to more or better players coming . The season starts in 9 weeks time, the only activity at the club seems to be releasing players, whilst no apparent effort seems to be made to lift the transfer embargo.

thorninmyside

an overated teenager with a great story leaves the club. so what. he was part of the shower that took us down. i mean lets face it when you have a player praying to god for a win in the championship you know your in the shit. no, all of them need to go

dongonzalos

Where is his wife from. What do we know about her.

If he said darling if we move a couple of hours away I can double my money play, in the championship and maybe get a move or promotion to the premiership which will mean we are made for life. Also I get a signing on fee.

Or we can stay living near Coventry and I can sign an extension on a contract for less money with a club whose future are in doubt and are playing in league one, what do you think?

Also I will be taking a step back in my career.

I hope you are correct Astute just cant really see it.

If Coventry were acting like a big fish in a little pond them maybe but we instead are acting like a little fish in a big stadium in the right leagueor maybe too high for our owners aspirations

dongonzalos

Not good news very talented lad, but im not shocked or suprised by the form from the owners, Bigi will not be the last on the way out, as SISU are cashing in on what they can.. Any club with the ambition does'nt sell one of the brightest young talents, especally one who has already be given a national award. This not only weakens the squad it send the wrong message to the current squad, which was the same message the squad had last year.

And with SISU in no rush to file accounts as they still can sell players, i hope mr Mutton and the trust are keeping an eye on this and react to finding out what is going on... I dont see TF Bounce back anything yet, just another new face being sent out to spin bollocks,,,,anyone keen for another relegation dog fight!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is our only hope. They are currently negiotiating with SISU on our behalf as tax payers. Hence we should let them know what we think. Have the council asked our views. We are used to SISU ignoring us.

derbyskyblue

Nowt surprises me these days.

Half expecting that next time I go for a pee at the Ricoh that the urinals have been sold and replaced with a galvanised bucket.
They read this board otis, dont give them any ideas. :thinking about:

cloughie

Understand what your saying but think you may have over valued him but

WE ALWAYS SELL PLAYERS UNDER THEIR VALUE WITH SISU

Users who are viewing this thread