Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (25 Viewers)

Grendel

And have some adult like sensible debates that are worthwhile.
You can only pray.

Given Gilberts record on Twitter that will not be likely will it?

skybluedan

Call me cynical but Fisher, Gilbert, Reid, PWKH et al, all have an agenda and play the hand they want. We never get a straight line from any of them.
If they were on here we would only get what they want us to get, and frankly I would rather not play that game.

Exactly mate everyone bastard one fisher keys elliot giblet orange ken that woman councillor with a cock , lucas all have there own agendas like seeing there name about simon Jordan ffs I mean really who next bobby davro?
I know giblet deep down is a city fan and probably does have good intentions but still

Brylowes

Exactly mate everyone bastard one fisher keys elliot giblet orange ken that woman councillor with a cock , lucas all have there own agendas like seeing there name about simon Jordan ffs I mean really who next bobby davro?
I know giblet deep down is a city fan and probably does have good intentions but still
Surely you mean Bobby Davrot.

Ian1779

I would not be surprised if Elliot and Hoffman were putting a plan in place for when the time comes where they have to pick up the pieces and try and save CCFC.

I'd be surprised - in fact I'd be gobsmacked. You seem to convieniently forget they were both a part of the mess we find ourselves in.

In fact - why not go the whole hog and get ready for Nigel Farage's benefit gig for cultural awareness.

torchomatic

I've only ever blocked one person on Twitter, and that was someone who threatened to come round my house.

I think that was a fairly reasonable action, no?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ever had any accounts shut down?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Given Gilberts record on Twitter that will not be likely will it?
I'm more than happy to , and regularly do, engage in sensible and reasonable conversations on a vast array of social media platforms.

If people engage me in a sensible and polite manner, I respond in kind.

However, if you're ranty and abusive, you're likely to get short shrift.

The 140-character limit on Twitter can make responses seen more terse than desired. This can compound the problem.

Of course sometimes I'm just in a bad mood and will respond like a knob. But I'm only human.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm more than happy to , and regularly do, engage in sensible and reasonable conversations on a vast array of social media platforms.

The 140-character limit on Twitter can make responses seen more terse than desired. This can compound the problem.

Of course sometimes I'm just in a bad mood and will respond like a knob. But I'm only human.

That's alright we're always in a bad mood on here and everybody is a knob

olderskyblue

But are you a dancer??

olderskyblue

That's Nick came out saying he can be a twat, Simon now saying he can be a knob....

Get a room guys..!! :eek:

Liquid Gold

But I'm only lego.

Fixed.

Skyblueweeman

I've only ever blocked one person on Twitter, and that was someone who threatened to come round my house.

I think that was a fairly reasonable action, no?

Fair comment. And fair comments in your responses.

Ok, I'd like to think of myself as one of the more reasoned posters on here (sorry everyone else, true story...) so I'd like to ask a question in a calm manner:

Do you think the paper unfairly favours a franchised rugby team, over a team who has been integral to the city for 134 years? I suspect your response will be skewed by the clubs stance with the paper (and I'd say it would be a fair retort from you) but what's your personal opinion?

duffer

And thinking about it I want Simon to post here, and Les Reid too, and it would be fun if we could get Cllr Maton and Fisher on board too.

I might not agree with any of them but I want to hear their opinions - in fairness though if we keep hammering them with stupid names and personal insults it's understandable if they don't want to engage. This is an angry place at times, and I'm as guilty as anyone. Come back Simon, I can change. :)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Fair comment. And fair comments in your responses.

Ok, I'd like to think of myself as one of the more reasoned posters on here (sorry everyone else, true story...) so I'd like to ask a question in a calm manner:

Do you think the paper unfairly favours a franchised rugby team, over a team who has been integral to the city for 134 years? I suspect your response will be skewed by the clubs stance with the paper (and I'd say it would be a fair retort from you) but what's your personal opinion?
I would say it depends what you are measuring.

Do Wasps get more coverage than CCFC? No.

Do Wasps get more positive coverage than CCFC? Yes. But that's largely dictated by what is actually happening at the respective clubs. Coverage is largely defined by events.

Are stories about Wasps canned because they advertise with us? Absolutely not.

Are stories about CCFC pushed because they don't advertise with us? Absolutely not.

Our campaign stance is very clear. We want the owners of the club to put it up for sale. The owners are not the club. There are hard working people at the club who care deeply about it. Our campaign has never, and will never, target the club.

A point worth noting is this. The CT has an interest in CCFC being successful. The weeks around Wembley saw a huge surge in online traffic and paper sales. It's in our interests for the club to succeed.

We believe the best chance of that happening is under new owners.

On Wasps, some will say we should not cover them at all. But that's not realistic.
They're a top flight rugby team with national appeal playing in the city - running one of the biggest businesses in the city. They cannot be ignored.

I'm also aware that most have already formulated their opinions and have deeply entrenched views about me and or the CT. I doubt there's much I can do to change those views.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

And thinking about it I want Simon to post here, and Les Reid too, and it would be fun if we could get Cllr Maton and Fisher on board too.

I might not agree with any of them but I want to hear their opinions - in fairness though if we keep hammering them with stupid names and personal insults it's understandable if they don't want to engage. This is an angry place at times, and I'm as guilty as anyone. Come back Simon, I can change. :)
They're all on here you just don't know who they are

NorthernWisdom

On Wasps, some will say we should not cover them at all. But that's not realistic.
They're a top flight rugby team with national appeal playing in the city - running one of the biggest businesses in the city. They cannot be ignored.

I'm also aware that most have already formulated their opinions and have deeply entrenched views about me and or the CT.
Hmm, I disagree with this, when itcomes down to it I'd argue it's more the Telegraph can't afford to turn down the Wasps sponsorship but then... you're not going to agree with me when I say that, are you? ;)

On that note however, would you agree there are times when your personal opinions have to come second to your job and, therefore, your employer's? (not necessarily on this issue, in general)

Users who are viewing this thread