Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (5 Viewers)

smileycov

Facebook User
With an article in the telegraph?

Is the game buying the club or PR? The turn card would be to send an offer over to them they can't refuse and wave them goodbye.

Whether he has £1m or £1b it doesn't make a difference unless the offers change :(

But he also said we need serious dialogue for a bid. I believe they are showing sisu we have money here, but if you want it we need to talk.
The hedge fund investors will also be asking Joy why aren't we speaking? we can sell here.

Do you not think?

Skybluefaz

I like these points - “I’m willing to put money in and I’m not looking for a return. - “If we can do that, then it’s down to the supporters.”
I'm concerned about this point - Lets get the club back to the city, Does he not know we're back playing in Coventry ?
I'd say it's more of a reference to the fact that these backers are local guys and will want the support to back the team rather than the current faceless hedge fund investors we have and stay away fans.

covcity4life

But he also said we need serious dialogue for a bid. I believe they are showing sisu we have money here, but if you want it we need to talk.
The hedge fund investors will also be asking Joy why aren't we speaking? we can sell here.

Do you not think?

if they are even aware

that is my worry

Nick

Administrator
Think he's gone public for a good reason, to tell SISU that there is serious money involved, and to try to force Joy round the table to discuss it in a proper professional businesslike manner.

The best way would be to flash the cash to them...

He isn't telling SISU there is money, he is telling CCFC fans ;)

ccfcway

Think he's gone public for a good reason, to tell SISU that there is serious money involved, and to try to force Joy round the table to discuss it in a proper professional businesslike manner.

I agree with you. Some on here will just call it PR, you know, from the cov fan who no-one knew until this morning

dongonzalos

Do you not think?

Very odd to say the least that she isn't coming to the table

ccfcway

The best way would be to flash the cash to them...

He isn't telling SISU there is money, he is telling CCFC fans ;)

tried that 3 times and got nothing back. How many times do you suggest they try. Lets say they say "heres £10m, take it or leave it" and they get same email, then what ?

olderskyblue

With an article in the telegraph?

Is the game buying the club or PR? The turn card would be to send an offer over to them they can't refuse and wave them goodbye.

Whether he has £1m or £1b it doesn't make a difference unless the offers change :(

Quite clearly this is aimed at getting the attention of JS, and hopefully to get her in face to face discussions. It's clear that Hoffman is frustrated that hasn't happened, so maybe this could open that door? No one would send them an offer they cant refuse nick, it has to be a win win, and without Joy talking, they will never know what that is.

skybluetony176

So that's two high calibre, successful business men involved without knowing who else. In the meantime we're stuck with a hedge fund and Tim Fisher.

Chalk and cheese really. We should all be insisting that Joy at least hears them out in person. It's the only details can be sorted to make this possible.

Nick

Administrator
Very odd to say the least that she isn't coming to the table

That's what makes me think (not fact) that it's something to do with Hoffman and a bit of a game.

Said it on another thread would she is a random rich arab rocked up and flashed some money?

Could have got this fella to try ringing her (without a link to hoffman) and saying "just sold up for 208m, i am getting on a train" and see what she says.

skybluebeduff

That's what makes me think (not fact) that it's something to do with Hoffman and a bit of a game.

Said it on another thread would she is a random rich arab rocked up and flashed some money?

Could have got this fella to try ringing her (without a link to hoffman) and saying "just sold up for 208m, i am getting on a train" and see what she says.
Why would Hoffman play games, what does he get from it?

NortonSkyBlue

So that's two high calibre, successful business men involved without knowing who else. In the meantime we're stuck with a hedge fund and Tim Fisher.

Chalk and cheese really. We should all be insisting that Joy at least hears them out in person. It's the only details can be sorted to make this possible.

I think Sisu have shown they don't give a toss about our opinions.
This is the perfect scenario: local guys, City fans, business know how, wedge. This could be it!!!

Nick

Administrator
Only you conjure up an agenda with every single living human. It's rather odd.

It isn't really odd, it's how things usually are. Otherwise when you take things at face value you get let down more.

Don't get me wrong, 2 city fans with hundreds of millions behind them running CCFC would be great!

I'm just confused by the emphasis on £208m....

dongonzalos

I just don't see what skin it is off her nose to set her stall out. Nearly all owners do it once they decide they no longer want to fund the club. They put a rough figure out there. Which is usually a bit higher than what they really expect to get. Then they wait and see what happens.
I don't get why she doesn't do this privately with the consortium or publicly.
Unless she already has and she actually believes there is a possibility of getting 50-75 million. If that's the case that is very worrying.
I can't see anyone offering more than 0-10 million upfront (no debt). Or a penny and taking on 15-20 million Debt.
I also can't see a viable plan from the owners to increase the value of the club. I only see an attempt to run it at cost price until all legal avenues are explored. I still think the lack of appetite to seek is some how intrinsictky linked to the level of compensation obtainable on a win in the courts.
It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

dongonzalos

It isn't really odd, it's how things usually are. Otherwise when you take things at face value you get let down more.

Don't get me wrong, 2 city fans with hundreds of millions behind them running CCFC would be great!

I'm just confused by the emphasis on £208m....

I guess that makes the article more interesting

Grendel

If his business was in financial services. I am guessing he probably only wants to pay what the club is actually worth. As oppose to getting ripped off.

Why? Dereck Richardson has bunged millions into wasps over the years.

Nick

Administrator
This stops Sisu sending TF out with the buyers are not credible or have no proof of funds.

It's just a shame Joy doesn't seem to want to talk, no matter what the offer is or wealth of those connected is, it's worthless if she wants to hold on.

That's what makes me wonder if it's Hoffman and how she would be if a stranger wanted to discuss it.

sky blue john

Joy could easily put all this to bed by coming out and saying how much she wants.
If she doesn't want to sell then she can put a value of 100million on the club!

Bob Latchford

I think the first question should be , is the club for sale ? I personally , suspect not . as it suits sisu to go along nicely doing whatever it is they're doing. as I've said before , they're not here for football reasons .
Whatever happened to that last guy who wanted to buy the club . a picture of him looking at himself in the mirror and worked in a basic unit in town somewhere ?

NortonSkyBlue

I just don't see what skin it is off her nose to set her stall out. Nearly all owners do it once they decide they no longer want to fund the club. They put a rough figure out there. Which is usually a bit higher than what they really expect to get. Then they wait and see what happens.
I don't get why she doesn't do this privately with the consortium or publicly.
Unless she already has and she actually believes there is a possibility of getting 50-75 million. If that's the case that is very worrying.
I can't see anyone offering more than 0-10 million upfront (no debt). Or a penny and taking on 15-20 million Debt.
I also can't see a viable plan from the owners to increase the value of the club. I only see an attempt to run it at cost price until all legal avenues are explored. I still think the lack of appetite to seek is some how intrinsictky linked to the level of compensation obtainable on a win in the courts.
It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Nearly all owners care about the club in their custody..................
You are trying to second guess the motives of Sisu and you are sticking some sort of logic in your thinking, surely that is a lesson we should have all gleaned by now? They march to their own drum.
I am hoping that somewhere along the line the owners will take the bait that is being dangled and bite. Apart from the usual suspects all Coventry City fans will be praying that the end of this era is nigh.

Grendel

It's difficult to asses accurately but company check says his net worth is around £7 million.

Nick

Administrator
So what are you saying nick. Joy isn't a proffessional, she isn't thinking about her investors?

I am saying there will be more to it as there always is.

The massive U turn from hoffman wanting to be private and the 208m when trying to make offers of 2m seems strange.

Don't get me wrong I do hope city fans with millions behind them sort it.

Everything is worded to get the fans fired up, fired up for what is the question? Of course it's tactical, but for what?

That's what I can't figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread