Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (22 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Fuck off w@nker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shit, he's coming to get me!
giphy.gif

:emoji_blush::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

CovBurty

For all the arguments for and against, all the critique and questioning of the offer, all the speculation around what it might take for SISU to accept - can we clarify one thing; literally nobody wants SISU to stay or are apologists or fan boys or whatever nonsense is going round.

We all have different views and stances on SISU/Wasps/CCC, but surely everyone on here realises in an ideal world none of us would have SISU here.

As soon as people's responses include something along those lines, their point becomes moot in my mind.
any City fan who wants Sisu/Fisher to stay is a mentalist and needs to see a GP immediately. I would guess we all want them out. they are unwanted.

hill83

For all the arguments for and against, all the critique and questioning of the offer, all the speculation around what it might take for SISU to accept - can we clarify one thing; literally nobody wants SISU to stay or are apologists or fan boys or whatever nonsense is going round.

We all have different views and stances on SISU/Wasps/CCC, but surely everyone on here realises in an ideal world none of us would have SISU here.

As soon as people's responses include something along those lines, their point becomes moot in my mind.

Who are you trying to convince? Fisher lover. Trying far too hard.

skybluedan

Due to transparency Hasselhoffman has had to disclose that Kitt the car from Knight Rider is also an investor.

I reckon kit had a thing for the hoff , I didn't see it then but now yeah kits quite fruity

shmmeee

So is it happening?

Been away from the thread cos I thought it devolved into the usual fare.

Are we going to be playing in the Elliot's Car Accessories Arena?

mark82

So is it happening?

Been away from the thread cos I thought it devolved into the usual fare.

Are we going to be playing in the Elliot's Car Accessories Arena?

From what I can see elsewhere (ie the observer) there was a bid of approximately 500k which was rejected as derisory by Sisu. If it was just 500k for all the current assets and no debt then I kind of agree. Seems like no more than a publicity stunt. Shame. Had my hopes up for a serious offer.

Sky Blue Dal

What is a reasonable offer for a Division 4 club with no stadium, small player assets and a training ground probably worth 1.5 million if sold to developers.

I would say £3 Million or maybe percentage add on's on top for any promotions we get in the next 8 years.

As some have pointed out of the debts Sisu paid off when they bought us 10 years ago is irrelevant as we were a championship outfit unlike today.

I personally believe paying £5 million to Sisu is way more than what a homeless division 4 club is worth.

Thats my take on it.

Last edited:

singers_pore

Remember Elliot was the one who wanted to close the academy. .

I don't think so. The motion was put forward by other board members and Elliot simply agreed on the proviso that the fans be kept sweet. So he didn't cover himself in glory, but also he wasn't the one who initiated the idea.

Wiley2405

What is a reasonable offer for a Division 4 club with no stadium, small player assets and a training ground probably worth 1.5 million if sold to developers.

I would say £3 Million or maybe percentage add on's for any promotions we get in the next 8 years.

As some have pointed out of the debts Sisu paid off when they bought us 10 years ago is irrelevant as we were a championship outfit unlike today.

I personally believe paying £5 million to Sisu is way more than what a homeless division 4 club is worth.

Thats my take on it.
The club is worth sweet FA let's face it, 4th division, no ground, no real hope coming back up with investment.. why would anyone pay anything to buy us atm? Never mind the silly cash SISU would want.. it's all a dream, unless I win won the Euros when there's been a rollover for 48 weeks and put it all in we are the least attractive club in the world apart from the great fan base of.course

dongonzalos

When Orange Ken briefed SISU to not accept a previous offer that actually he personally felt would have suited them. It was because his cushy number was over if the offer was accepted.
I hope no personal agendas on this occasion such as someone finally getting paid are not more important than what is best for the future of the club.

Last edited:

John_Silletts_Nose

If someone is going to make an offer then it is either a realistic offer or a publicity stunt. We have seen the publicity stunt performed by Joker Dhinsa, although he may have been more genuine than we realise as he may have assumed some potential in ownership of the Arena.

Personally I don't see any benefit for Hoffman to gain publicity and make an offer which is derisory to SISU. He may be aware of other things which indicate that SISU want to sell, so he is testing their resolve. Also, his offer may not just be 500K, it may include payments to creditors such as ARVO, these are not mentioned in the offer rejection.

shmmeee

I'd say £1.5-3m for the brand and the right to play football. Maybe some cash in promotion. That's with the debt deferred/written off.

£500k isn't nothing, but it's hardly going to be accepted. I doubt these businessmen have that kind of cash or they'd start closer. Seems like a pot shot to me.

ecky

If someone is going to make an offer then it is either a realistic offer or a publicity stunt. We have seen the publicity stunt performed by Joker Dhinsa, although he may have been more genuine than we realise as he may have assumed some potential in ownership of the Arena.

Personally I don't see any benefit for Hoffman to gain publicity and make an offer which is derisory to SISU. He may be aware of other things which indicate that SISU want to sell, so he is testing their resolve. Also, his offer may not just be 500K, it may include payments to creditors such as ARVO, these are not mentioned in the offer rejection.
Elliott should of thrown in free car batteries for life that would of swung it for Fisher

ecky

I'd say £1.5-3m for the brand and the right to play football. Maybe some cash in promotion. That's with the debt deferred/written off.

£500k isn't nothing, but it's hardly going to be accepted. I doubt these businessmen have that kind of cash or they'd start closer. Seems like a pot shot to me.
£500k is joys handbag money

clint van damme

with the unusual occurrence for this board of a rumour coming true, and thinking back to Malakas take over rumour earlier in the year, would it be fair to say that Christian Horner is a local businessman?!

clint van damme

Not read the thread.
I'm guessing those who actively want Sisu Out are pretty happy about a bid from local business men
Those, ahem, who apologise for Sisu on a regular basis, arent happy at all and are turning over all sorts of stones and moans.....

Me Im happy an offer for the club is hitting the media and we can have a whiff of getting rid of the useless scumbags.

so in other words, just making up shit as usual.
I'm guessing that if/when this takeover happens, you still won't go to a game.

clint van damme

I thought we were "debt free" not long ago? Or is that to external creditors?

If I was Hoffman or whoever is bidding, the club needs a new lease of life to survive so I'd offer around £5-10mill for the lot, CCFC, Ryton etc, with no debts. Then maybe put in a Prem promotion we would pay SISU £30 million or something, to sweeten the deal.

The club needs to have a £0 bank balance if it's to have a new lease of life IMO. Someone taking over with -£30,000,000 won't help us.

mate, I agree the initial offer seems too low but a 30 million sweetener? Fuck that! Under no circumstances should they be offered a potential payment of that magnitude.

Users who are viewing this thread