Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (14 Viewers)

skybluetony176

At the moment SISU hold all the cards so if you want to get control of the club by them isn't it best to jump through their hoops no matter how pointless? If they have the money proof of funds is easy to provide. Why not just provide it and remove another possible barrier to a takeover.

SISU have a history of wanting to know who's name to put on their list. What makes you think this is any different?

italiahorse

Thats enough for me, no season ticket now! this offer is good what are SISU up to? I urge you all do not give these scum who are using our club for reasons other than football any more of your hard earned money.
Im not buying if Sisu are still here. This is my defining moment.
They are taking the piss if they don't accept but that won't include me.

chickentikkamasala

At the moment SISU hold all the cards so if you want to get control of the club by them isn't it best to jump through their hoops no matter how pointless? If they have the money proof of funds is easy to provide. Why not just provide it and remove another possible barrier to a takeover.

Why do they need proof of funds?

they have repeatedly stated the club is NOT for sale o_O

scubasteve

The leak didn't come from Reid and the Observer it came from Italia on here and I highly doubt that came via SISU.
A random bloke posting a rumour on a fan forum saying something might happen this week is hardly a leaking info.
A person revealing financial details and that they have been rejected in a local news paper before it's even been confirmed by either party is leaking info.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

giphy.gif

Sisu actions to the fans as usual

theferret

You are quite possibly correct. However, if one or more of the investors is identified as having substantial personal wealth, does that not open up the possibility of a shift in negotiating position if the other side know that? Who knows, that may not be the case, but I can understand the caution on the part of the investors, it's their money after all. They're already committed to chucking a load it of it down the drain, perhaps they don't want to overplay their hand too early.

letsallsingtogether

A random bloke posting a rumour on a fan forum saying simthing might happen this week is hardly a leaking info.
A person revealing financial details and that they have been rejected in a local news paper before it's even been confirmed by either party is leaking info.
Good job it wasn't done by the telegraph Chiefdave would have had a fit.

Godiva

Yes. If its via Wasps it will confirm they have some involvement. If its via Hoffman or his associates then it shows that from day 1 they are feeding the fans BS.

Maybe WASPS are backing Hoffman? Is that likely?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the offer is reasonably generous given there are few assets being acquired. Because they are bidding for the assets and football creditors it will address a small part of the ARVO liabilities owed but not the 28m in sbs&l. Also the adds on are not certain so that won't appeal to Sisu either because they can't guarantee ARVO or investors anything. Simply there isn't enough in it that is certain for them

But Sisu should be used to the concept they had a 6m arrangement when they bought in ..... that of course was never paid

How the bid is structured makes me uneasy about future funding at first look. The club will need to be cash flow positive to pay the add ons. Giving Sisu 50% of player sales restricts squad cash flow makes it hard to get to the SCMP budget and potentially gives a tax bill. The way round it would seem to be bringing in debt.... I wouldn't want to end up back where we started and growing debt

. Another query would be what is the net amount of assets (players ryton trademark etc ) less football creditors....... if the net amount of that is say 4m you could see a reason why Sisu see the offer of 1.2m as not good enough. To acquire the assets Hoffman will need to pay current market value for the assets. How much was bid for Stevenson for example?

I would think there will be a third bid

Grendel

Italia doesnt need to reveal sources if it means no more new info

We now know we can trust him. Thats enough?

Lol how naive you are.

Hoffman is furious the bid was leaked isn't he? So who is Italia working for?

Last edited:

Godiva

How the bid is structured makes me uneasy about future funding at first look. The club will need to be cash flow positive to pay the add ons. Giving Sisu 50% of player sales restricts squad cash flow makes it hard to get to the SCMP budget and potentially gives a tax bill. The way round it would seem to be bringing in debt.... I wouldn't want to end up back where we started and growing debt

Alternatively the investors commit to inject cash into the club to offset the payments to SISU.

theferret

He's already promising a big chunk of future income to SISU.

Well of course, but that was always likely in the absence of a Russian oligarch willing to waste millions on a vanity project.

Indebted companies are often taken on for nominal amounts, but those debts are passed on. If the club owed HMRC and other creditors a load of cash, they would have to service that debt from future income. The idea of a clean break and all debts written off is lovely, but just isn't going to happen. This is the reality; we either accept that in order for the club to change hands we'll have a liability to SISU for a few years, or we continue to wait for a sugar daddy to wipe it all out in one go - which may well never happen. I'll take the former.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

While we are talking about alarms.

Russell Slade is probably the best manager we've ever had.

Tony Mowbray is almost certainly the worst manager we've ever had.

Yeah that great a manager that even wanky sisu have come out today and said he's one of the mistakes that's relegated us!!!!

Your alarm must need some new batteries in it after the last few days - Slade Sympathiser!

Captain Dart

So creating debt burden on the club
Assuming the premiership deal doesn't come off it amounts to a price of about £5M all in doesn't it. Isn't it better to pay that way than all up front?

covcity4life

Lol how naive you are.

Hoffman is furious the bid was leaked isn't he? So who is Italia working for?

Do you think les reid and gilbert got their info from italia? Sisu are speaking to reid and hoffman to cet

Had this thread never existed all this stuff still sould have come out i bet

And even if true we all want inside info regardless? Thats why we listen to rumours all the time?

SkyblueBazza

Why do they need proof of funds?

they have repeatedly stated the club is NOT for sale o_O
They want to know who has money so they can attempt to wrest it from them...to invest into the club through them instead.

I don't understand all the workings tbh, but for as transparent as SISU are, I cant fathom why the said investors don't just pay the offer sum into a bank account for GH to stick under their noses - can't get better proof of funds than that! A named Lawyer to sign off the transfer of the funds can surely be nominated so nobody else can take anything from the account. If it succeeds the lawyer signs, if it fails...then he signs the amounts back to the individual investors. After taking his own slice I imagine lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Godiva

So creating debt burden on the club

Well, that was not what I meant. The money from the investors should be in form of equity. A more straight forward method would be for the investors to pay SISU directly the amount equal to 50% of asset sales and other add-ons. This way it wouldn't burden the club and also it would be in the clubs best interest to get the most from any player sales.

Liquid Gold

Sisu, take the money
Wasps, fuck off home
Council, do your job
Fisher, go fishing
Hoffman, put a decent offer in
Ghost of dublins dog, leave it out
Kieth houchen, nice header
Dot cotton, lay off the acid
Michael Doyle, every midified needs one
Pint, yes please
Joy Seppala, secret fantasy