Rumour mill latest: Le Fondre & Lowe? (3 Viewers)

Jimthor

Just rumours, as are most things at the moment, but we're being linked with Le Fondre again, and also Ryan Lowe. Our good ol' buddy Stuart Linnell said on twitter this evening:

I have heard rumours (stress - rumours!) that CCFC have two strikers lined up: Adam le Fondre from Rotherham & Ryan Lowe from Bury.

And then added:

Mind you, also heard that Millwall are chasing Adam le Fondre, so who knows?

So, treat with caution, but it's a couple of possibilities to resolve our lack of firepower up front. What are people's thoughts on this? There seems to be good things said about Le Fondre, and he'd fit the bill as the sort of young player we'd be looking to sign. I don't know much about Lowe though, could anyone fill us in a bit?

Chipfat

Lowe scores on a regular basis but is in his 30's and never played at Champ level, so im thinking that 1 is just a rumour. Adam Le Fondre might be a player AT would like but they would command a decent fee with an add on clause and as we have no money very much doubtful any of these will happen.

Pigeon

Only proven in the lower leagues and yes Lowe isn't a fresh chicken but these are more realistic signings and more in the price range than others we have been linked to like Earnshaw and Harewood. Le Fondre has been on our radar for a while now (or at least who ever makes theses rumours)

Nonleagueherewecome

These are pretty lightweight rumours. Was Linnell reading the paper on the bog and felt he had to share such "insider tip offs" with the fans?
I doubt either has ANY basis in reality, which is fine by me. Eastwood has more prolific lower league records than either, and that hardly worked out. Lowe is 33 in September: not much re-sale value there. A L2 33 year old? No ta! He does have Championship experience, but only with that Crewe side that were hardly great.

Le Fondre would maybe worth a bargain 200-300k bid, but we probably aint got that. His touch isn't that of a guy who can play at a higher level IMO, and he went on a drought of around 1 in the last 15 at the end of the previous season, costing Rotherham a play-off place.

I dunno where this long-standing "link" with Le Fondre comes from, it's only ever been mooted on places like this or facebook. I really don't think he's Thorns shortlist.

Doesn't really come close to the likes of Harewood, Phillips or Earnshaw, does it? We need CCFC Wal to post, he might know who we're really after!

05rengla

Le Fondre yes, Lowe no

dont think lowe could cut it in the championship, Le fondre would be worth a punt

rob9872

With our budget it's more likely to be John Lowe!

sky_blue_up_north

Damn, thought it was Onandi Lowe.

Anyone remember his debut? :D

Think it was Crewe if I remember correctly had one great effort, then he got done for smuggling drug :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought it was the "slows you down" type rather than the "speeds you up" sort he got caught with? I'm sure he had trouble with guns at some point too. Shame 'cos he was great in the lower leagues. He's a joke on here yet has a better strike rate than Adam Le Fondre...

Bertola

Im sure the telegraph trot out the same line every season about signing young prem players on loan.

Would be happy with Le Fondre, especially with his first name being Granville!

Users who are viewing this thread