Ryan Haynes (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

How long until he's sold ? #quality

Grendel

He is nowhere near good enough to yet attract serious interest - there are some major flaws that need rectifying.

Tonylinc

For once I agree with Grendel. Not anywhere near ready to move up the ladder but having said that I'm sure that some club would take a gamble come the summer should we not be able to match his ambition.

kg82

Because clubs don't bid on potential? Come on, this lad has loads of it.

Grendel

Because clubs don't bid on potential? Come on, this lad has loads of it.

Like Conor Thomas when he went to Liverpool or Adam Barton? Most such signings end in disaster.

Tonylinc

Conor went to Liverpool so that they could "assess", him. As far as I'm aware there was never a bid.

kg82

Like Conor Thomas when he went to Liverpool or Adam Barton? Most such signings end in disaster.

You've just picked 2 of our players! And I wasn't talking about how they work out. The top clubs go around taking the better young players from lower teams, it's always been done. Did Sturridge have pedigree when Man City took him? Others like Lallana from Bournemouth, Smalling at Maidenhead etc. You don't know how those are going to turn out for club or player.

Gray

Looks good going forward. Didn't have much to defend yesterday... But the lad looks promising

kg82

Also, I'm not disagreeing with you. I think he has things to iron out of his game, although I wouldn't say major. I was just making the point that potential is an attractive trait for higher up teams.

Chipfat

He is nowhere near good enough to yet attract serious interest - there are some major flaws that need rectifying.

He has major flaws,, well fook me, he is 18 years old playing in front of a big crowd on national tv and you spot what.... I can tell you now he has the attributes to play at a higher level, quick, strong and showed yesterday has the ability to stay calm and make the correct decision with his final ball, he will be gone if he carries on with the development he has already shown..Not many make a first team debut at 16 and the reason why is he is mature and calm and a very good athlete,,, i hope he stays but you will be seeing the scout's up at the Ricoh very soon...

Chipfat

Also, I'm not disagreeing with you. I think he has things to iron out of his game, although I wouldn't say major. I was just making the point that potential is an attractive trait for higher up teams.

potential at his age is Golden and worth a risk to any club who have the ability to pay without responsibility of success of the individual...... Many fail as many make it but that's the business, like a fisherman the more you cast the more you will catch....

Otis

Yes they do. Doesn't stop big clubs still swooping down and snapping these players up does it.

Might well be a disaster for the player, but in no way does that ever seem to bother these big clubs who just dump them off in the reserves or their own youth teams believing they are investing in the future.

Grendel

potential at his age is Golden and worth a risk to any club who have the ability to pay without responsibility of success of the individual...... Many fail as many make it but that's the business, like a fisherman the more you cast the more you will catch....

How many of these have premier clubs and top championship clubs signed in the last two or three seasons?

Grendel

Yes they do. Doesn't stop big clubs still swooping down and snapping these players up does it.

Might well be a disaster for the player, but in no way does that ever seem to bother these big clubs who just dump them off in the reserves or their own youth teams believing they are investing in the future.

How many big clubs have signed up young division one players in the last few years?

Otis

How many big clubs have signed up young division one players in the last few years?

Not many, but that's not the point. The argument is that he is raw and therefore not ready and this would then stop a big club coming in for him.. That will not put a big club off if they are looking at an investment for the future. Bigi was very raw. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen and if people are predicting big things for Ryan Haynes then I could well see a bigger club sniffing around.

For me Haynes already looks a more rounded player than Cyrus Christie.

Grendel

Not many, but that's not the point. The argument is that he is raw and therefore not ready and this would then stop a big club coming in for him.. That will not put a big club off if they are looking at an investment for the future. Bigi was very raw. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen and if people are predicting big things for Ryan Haynes then I could well see a bigger club sniffing around.

For me Haynes already looks a more rounded player than Cyrus Christie.

I think defensively he looks very weak at the moment. Going forward yes he supplied some killer crosses but I would expect that for much of the season he will be on the bench.

Otis

I think defensively he looks very weak at the moment. Going forward yes he supplied some killer crosses but I would expect that for much of the season he will be on the bench.

Cyrus Christie was very naive defensively too.

I think Haynes will play quite a part myself. He carries on like this and he will get regular starts I'm sure.

kg82

I can only think of 2 off the top of my head but like Otis said, some clubs will do it and dump them in the reserves or youth team.

Grendel

Cyrus Christie was very naive defensively too.

I think Haynes will play quite a part myself. He carries on like this and he will get regular starts I'm sure.

The problem is though that if the Gillingham winger had ability along with his pace we would have been in trouble. He has the weakest if the two wide central defenders to provide assistance.

Don't get me wrong I think he is an exciting prospect but Pugh will provide greater defensive stability and that seems a priority this year.

Otis

The problem is though that if the Gillingham winger had ability along with his pace we would have been in trouble. He has the weakest if the two wide central defenders to provide assistance.

Don't get me wrong I think he is an exciting prospect but Pugh will provide greater defensive stability and that seems a priority this year.

I do think Pugh will be the number one for the left back slot, yes, but I think Haynes will get a good share of game play.

NorthernWisdom

Problem is, take him out the side and the attacking threat (not huge as it is) looks even less.

Grendel

Problem is, take him out the side and the attacking threat (not huge as it is) looks even less.

I think Pugh can do that at this level. I also hope Jackson will provide pace up front and Nouble strength and presence.

Grendel

Otis

Anyone else think that young Hessenthaler lad was quite good last night?

I was quite impressed. Actually thought all the Gillingham team really put in a decenthigh octane effort to be honest. They chased and harried and closed down all day.

Couple of their players I thought played really well.

Grendel

RuthlessSkyBlue?

God knows. Probably Don. If imagine he is keeping his head down after McDonald's lethargic and totally abject performance yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread