Ryton ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Todays announcement mentioned we are prepared to move the 1st team to the Higgs also.
What would become of our Ryton training facility ?
Is it big enough for a stadium or will it be flogged off for housing ?

chiefdave

Todays announcement mentioned we are prepared to move the 1st team to the Higgs also.
Big enough for the training facility Wasps are planning isn't it?

Captain Dart

On yeah, and shed another asset..:wtf:

skybluetony176

Didn't it come out in one of the rounds of FOI (1st one possibly) that planning for housing had been enquired about and flatly rejected?

Terry Gibson's perm

If planning permission could have been achieved it would have been by now.

CJ_covblaze

isn't there still a charge on Ryton from ARVO anyway?

Yes or another SISU related company. Along with everything else down to the last paperclip.

NorthernWisdom

chiefdave

I thought the FOI's had thrown up something more recent? Could be wrong.
Didn't Fisher have a conversation with the council about moving everything to one location and got told they wouldn't grant planning permission at Ryton which affected the value of the land.

skybluetony176

Didn't Fisher have a conversation with the council about moving everything to one location and got told they wouldn't grant planning permission at Ryton which affected the value of the land.

Now you say that Dave I think that's what it was and I confused it with something from years ago. Cheers.

olderskyblue

It's interesting this. Ryton has to have another 100+ homes built in the district... Not sure where they will go, but if an entrepreneur that owned some property heard about it, it might give them ideas.... I wondered what the statement was all about tonight... ;)

Captain Dart

I'm sure a reputable body like ARVO wouldn't indulge in asset stripping. :bag:

Godiva

Yes or another SISU related company. Along with everything else down to the last paperclip.
I'm sure a reputable body like ARVO wouldn't indulge in asset stripping. :bag:

I don't really get this. Is it wrong to have some sort of security for investments and/or loans?
Maybe the club should have adopted Wasps approach and have the fans loan the club the money?

Users who are viewing this thread