"Save Chip" (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

Anyone remember the "Save Chip" campaign ran by Sky Sports many years ago ?
You couldnt watch a live game without someone being shown with a Save Chip banner, we need something similar with a unified sign/logo,highlighting our plight.
We should Try and get one at every single match, played throughout the country.Any suggestions

wingy

Anyone remember the "Save Chip" campaign ran by Sky Sports many years ago ?
You couldnt watch a live game without someone being shown with a Save Chip banner, we need something similar with a unified sign/logo,highlighting our plight.
We should Try and get one at every single match, played throughout the country.Any suggestions

Like that geezer who turned out everywhere with that Banner ,John ,Chapter 12,Verse !0,could have been Japandy?

Nick

Administrator
I sort of had this idea where I was going to design a poster people could print off and then prior could get pictures of the sign in the funniest places!

sweeno70

with the summer holiday season upon us lets see if city supporters can get photos of a "keep Coventry City in Coventry" banner from as many places as possible !!!

letsallsingtogether

Yes lets do it all over the world.better if we could get some with extra sticky glue liken the type they used to stick to your window screen. You had to get a special scrapper to get it off
with the summer holiday season upon us lets see if city supporters can get photos of a "keep Coventry City in Coventry" banner from as many places as possible !!!

oakey

Like that geezer who turned out everywhere with that Banner ,John ,Chapter 12,Verse !0,could have been Japandy?

It was John 3, verse 16. Nothing about sheep and wolves!
As it has been described as the Gospel in a nutshell it has been prominently displayed at sporting events throughout the world for many years. In USA it is also everywhere you can imagine, disposal drinks cups, napkins, flyers, toilet doors, you name it.

May I suggest KEEP COV IN COV.

wingy

It was John 3, verse 16. Nothing about sheep and wolves!
As it has been described as the Gospel in a nutshell it has been prominently displayed at sporting events throughout the world for many years. In USA it is also everywhere you can imagine, disposal drinks cups, napkins, flyers, toilet doors, you name it.

May I suggest KEEP COV IN COV.

Thanks for the Correction. It was a stab In the Dark and proves me to be a Heathen.:facepalm:

oakey

KEEP COV IN COVENTRY is catchy and memorable.
It would make some people think about what the COV means for a second, long enough to be remembered and have an impact.

John_Silletts_Nose

I like the idea, the "Save Chip" campaign even became part of the Ford advert that ran in Soccer AM breaks.
The slogan needs to be short and easy to say or remember. it cannot be too long and awkward, "Save Chip" was two syllables and quick, it worked and had backing from tv.

"SISU Out" works but no media company would want to support a campaign against a company so it would not be widely reported.

"SKy Blues come HOME" would be my idea. It is similar to the "Lassie come home" or "ET phone home". It would be publicised as it is not openly criticising the owners. It has the idea that the club has been kidnapped/stolen and forced to live in a foreign town.

I am sure there will be other and better ideas on here. But to make it happen Soccer AM, Football Focus, Sunday Brunch (Tim Lovejoy), etc would need to contacted so they are aware and may comment on it.

speedie87

Most people in the country know the saying Sent to Coventry

What about the slogan
Sent
To From ( with to crossed out)
Coventry

Community shield teams should be targeted to print off and hold some up.

WestEndAgro

Save Cov or Keep Cov in Cov, short and to the point either would work, i would avoid using SISU in the design/Logo to most it means nothing.
Nick it would be good if you could come up with the poster you mentioned, someone else mentioned contacting Soccer AM, i think that would be a great starting point, then we try and get these posters on as much Live TV as poss, with as many celebs pictured as poss.
We could just be the next "Save Chip"

SBS

I sort of had this idea where I was going to design a poster people could print off and then prior could get pictures of the sign in the funniest places!

Man City did something similar that worked really well. Uploaded posters onto United websites with the United badge and the words "This Is Our City" and "100% Manc". Cue loads of United fans printing them off and putting them about in London, the Far East etc.

_brian_

"Don't let them (them being Sisu - please refer to threads on SkyBluesTalk for more information) take Coventry City Football Club out of Coventry! It will possibly be the end of our once great* club! (We say possibly, as nothing is ever certain in this world!) (*We appreciate this is debatable for fans of other clubs, in particular Sunderland fans who still despise us for something that happened decades ago! LOL!)"

Or something like that maybe? Perhaps it's a bit too long! So if someone can take the essence of that and summerise it in just two words that would be great!

SonOfSnoz

If not returning to CoventryIsh, why would Sisu pay a million for the bond?
These guys never fork out for no payback!

chiefdave

If not returning to CoventryIsh, why would Sisu pay a million for the bond?
These guys never fork out for no payback!

2 points, first Fisher has said they don't have to pay until the 3rd year so they haven't paid anything, second it's basically a franchise fee. When any league around the world expands or a franchise wants to move they have to pay a fee, the FL have just set a franchise fee of £1m that any club will be able to take advantage of in the future.

oggys nose

Most people in the country know the saying Sent to Coventry

What about the slogan
Sent
To From ( with to crossed out)
Coventry

Community shield teams should be targeted to print off and hold some up.

I'm going to the community shield so could do a banner or something along those lines ?

Users who are viewing this thread