Saving grace (1 Viewer)

glamour76

If sisu get their way & we do play out of Coventry, at least the Ricoh is still there & potential buyers of club can still see a profit in purchasing us.

ajsccfc

Although if they get their way, that means they're in control again and have said quite a lot that they wouldn't sell the club.

skyblue025

I might be a bit dull here, but whats stopping whoever buys the CCFC ltd (with its golden share) saying to CCFC holdings you can keep your managers/players contracts etc (if they are held in holdings) We have the golden share and a possibility to buy 50% share in ACL. We can sign a new manager and squad. Sisu you can keep the players and manager as you have no league to play in.

deanocity3

I might be a bit dull here, but whats stopping whoever buys the CCFC ltd (with its golden share) saying to CCFC holdings you can keep your managers/players contracts etc (if they are held in holdings) We have the golden share and a possibility to buy 50% share in ACL. We can sign a new manager and squad. Sisu you can keep the players and manager as you have no league to play in.

THATS WHAT HAVE BEEN THINKING TOO,:p

WFC

Nothing. Someone posted a threat saying can we as fans just decide who CCFC is, Holdings or Ltd. The answer is yes, the history of CCFC lives in the hearts of the fans nowhere else. You can choose. If the above scenario plays out SISU will battle in court but so what, it's going to end up there one way or another.

As I've said a few time, the FL and the fans together will decide who the real CCFC is. You can choose, but only if you collectively belief that you can.

Sky Blues

Nothing. Someone posted a threat saying can we as fans just decide who CCFC is, Holdings or Ltd. The answer is yes, the history of CCFC lives in the hearts of the fans nowhere else. You can choose. If the above scenario plays out SISU will battle in court but so what, it's going to end up there one way or another.

As I've said a few time, the FL and the fans together will decide who the real CCFC is. You can choose, but only if you collectively belief that you can.

That was me! :)

vRS19TD

Exactly what i said in another thread. We may not be able to call ourselves Coventry City FC but i can't see why we can't call ourselves just Coventry FC until SISU give up and then we buy the name for £1. :)

RegTheDonk

Nice thought a clean slate in staff, buy the players contracts who are any good, Elvis hmmmm...not convinced there. However, i dare say the LMA and the players union might have some influence in those regards.

TheRoyalScam

Well said WFC - you are a credit to true footie fans everywhere - along with many others on here I'm sure, I would just like to say how much I appreciate your heartfelt contributions to this board.:D

Nice thought a clean slate in staff, buy the players contracts who are any good, Elvis hmmmm...not convinced there. However, i dare say the LMA and the players union might have some influence in those regards.

This is why I am very surprised that the PFA have been so quiet. Unless Delluded Dim Fisher has convinced the players that life under SISU goes on as normal. I would like to think they are slightly brighter than to fall for his bullshit though.

corniepaste

I think the players wouldn't care that much as they would contractually be entitled to their wages from their employee regardless of the league they are in, and if sisu didn't pay up then the players have the PFA that would then be able to help them to compensation following a breach of contract by sisu if they didn't pay up. This will happen if we go to a new stadium and have little to no turnover, because as dumb as sisu are even they will get to the point were someone pulls the plug on a failing business.

It is the backroom staff, ground staff, tea ladies e.t.c that I feel sorry for as although there are unions they don't do that much or have that much sway or control unlike the PFA and so the little people suffer the most again. I know this from experience through many job redundancies from working for failing companies run by f+*king idiots like sisu.

Also as an extra, I honestly thought that when the administrator said he was selling and it was 'LTD', I thought YES, the name registered with golden share holds the title CCFC (all the 130 years or so of history, most important to thing me), so sisu can do one and look after a failing club with no league to pay in and no longer have the club name but according to tim nice but dim he says it is in the holdings company.

So I think the idea of the fans knowing who the real club is(look at Wimbledon AFC), is the right approach and well said. And if a knew buyer of LTD does buy the golden share and start afresh then that who I will support.

swanageskyblue

. We may not be able to call ourselves Coventry City FC but i can't see why we can't call ourselves just Coventry FC until SISU give up and then we buy the name for £1. :)

Or, better still, City of Coventry Football Club.

And we save ourselves a quid down the line!

Users who are viewing this thread