SBT Protest - July 20th (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

SBT are saying on twitter there is a protest taking place on July 20th. Anyone got any info on it?

Might have to make the trip up from Pompey for this one.

gary_ccfcforever

Early stages of planning but will start from city centre... and may include a 'Lady Godiva' The key is numbers, so please tell everybody to keep that day free from around midday. We hope to get the telegraph onboard also

J

Jack Griffin

I think you need to get a protest game on, preferably at the Ricoh or if not a reasonable size local ground, people don't want to march but they'll go to a football match and express their feelings.

chiefdave

I'm going to try and arrange to come up from Pompey (have to move a couple of things around). If I can make it I will be driving up so if there's anyone in that area that needs a lift let me know.

StevieM

There has been a few former players commenting on Twitter over the last couple of days-maybe they would get involved in a "match" played somewhere (the Ricoh has been suggested before). They could be the high profile support we need and the telly people would definately buy into that.
If they are all really that saddened by our plight then they could, by doing a very small gesture-even by turning up to a protest less alone a bit of a kick around, move our cause onto another level?
Doesn't matter if they are crocked or 50 odd I'm sure we would all rather go out and see a bit of a game and do alot of shouting at the same time than a stroll around the city centre.
Gives a chance for some kind local businesses to bung a few quid for kit and all the money raised could go to the Snowball perhaps?
I know where there is a cracking pitch and it even has seats and beer plus it's not being used on that day ;)

chiefdave

There has been a few former players commenting on Twitter over the last couple of days-maybe they would get involved in a "match" played somewhere (the Ricoh has been suggested before). They could be the high profile support we need and the telly people would definately buy into that.

Even if there isn't a match getting the likes of Dion and Hucks to come along would really add some profile and might get press outside of Coventry interested.

Can someone from the Trust get in contact with the former players association and see if they will support this (they seem to have been very quiet over the whole thing).

Oz Howie

Definitely the right option. The sooner the youngsters are exposed to the sort of protests they'll be enduring all season the better.

LB87ccfc

This should be the first proper protest, its the first time SBA can get together, and voice their anger at the move, whilst also having a few beers, sing song and watch abit of football that is not Sixfields.

Surely we can pack out Nuneaton and show Fisher and Co we can take a decent following wherever we go, just not in Northampton..

rupert_bear

Something has to happen and happen soon, Nuneaton is ideal as it will be a bit unorganised and off the cuff but it's a good focal point to get some sort of movement going. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day and we may have to endure Sixfields for a while but this is now a war and we must build and build and make sure if we do move it is for as short a time as possible. Costing the Northampton end money is the first quest. BUY NOTHING THERE, not a packet of chewing gum, litre of fuel, bag of chips, fuck all. We must be a drain on their economy not add to it.

pusbccfc

I'll be loud and proud at nunnye

NTFC

be far better to do this at sixfields as Northampton play at home in a friendly that day.

Do that and you will kill off all solidarity from fans at our end. Protesting at Sixfields will achieve nothing but make you look like hypocrites for entering the Sixfields site. You could quite easily gain massive pr and press attention with a protest at the Football League HQ in London yet you choose to fart around in Nuneaton and Northampton. :facepalm:

Sky Blue Pete

March in the centre of coventry is perfect big banner at the front Dion and hucks at the front! Thousands saying we will not give our club up without a fight

NTFC

You think the powers that be will give a sh*t about a protest in Cov. Won't even register. You have to go to them in London.

rupert_bear

It will happen at a league match yet to be decided at a Northampton home game, properly organised. Don't give a shite about upsetting local cobblers fans, I suggest they just keep away from us. There will be no aggro aimed at them at all, as long as they keep away.

honestken

Do that and you will kill off all solidarity from fans at our end. Protesting at Sixfields will achieve nothing but make you look like hypocrites for entering the Sixfields site. You could quite easily gain massive pr and press attention with a protest at the Football League HQ in London yet you choose to fart around in Nuneaton and Northampton. :facepalm:
ive lost all that with ur club for accepting this in the first place.

we wont be able to field more than a youth team next season due to ffp and a 80% decrease on our attendances due to the result of this groundshare.

our club will die and ur club has helped that along with their decision to accept it.

besides it would be a peaceful protest anyway we wouldnt be coming to cause trouble, though if it cost ur club a few extra bob to pay for extra police then tuff shit.

torchomatic

It will happen at a league match yet to be decided at a Northampton home game, properly organised. Don't give a shite about upsetting local cobblers fans, I suggest they just keep away from us. There will be no aggro aimed at them at all, as long as they keep away.

'As long as they keep away'?

FFS, it's not their fault. I hope the Trust distance themselves from idiots like you.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

ccfcway

Solidarity ?, like your chairmans ?

torchomatic

20th is not a good day as there is a big EDL demo planned in brum that day cops might not like it .

Damn it. Valiant can't be in two places at once. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

rupert_bear

Wasn't trying to threaten although I admit it wasn't a good choice of words, but we are entitled to protest where it achieves the biggest publicity and Sixfields is now our "home" ground. FL HQ as suggested by this NTFC bloke would be a complete waste of time IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread