Scunthorpe (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Scunthorpe (Home). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Scunthorpe (Home) </h2>
scunthorpe-utd-crest144-20539.png

Ricoh Arena
3PM Kick Off
</div>

Monners

Need to win to get back on track - and I suspect we will. Need to get out of the traps quickly though. 2-0 win

Also, my 50th birthday knees up! (I know, I don't look old enough)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

V difficult to predict starting XI as we don’t know if AA/Murphy will be fit, ir if this new CB will sign this week as mentioned by TM. Concerned at the lack of pace we have going forward when we miss AA/Murphy. Think he will go:

RCC

Ricketts – Ramage – Stokes/New CB – Stokes/Haynes

Rose – Vincelot

JOB – Cole – Murphy

Armstrong/Tudgay

Bench:

Burge, Lorentszon, Bigirimana, Lameiras, Maddison, Hunt, MAF/Tudgay/Armstrong

Littlewood CCFC

RCC

Lorenztzen Ricketts Ramage Stokes

Vincelot Bigi

Lameires Maddison Murphy

Armstrong

Don't think Rose will start, don't think Lorentzten will actually either but here's wishful thinking!

Sky Blue Jack

RCC

Ricketts Ramage Stokes Haynes

Vincelot Bigi

Cole Maddison Murphy

Armstrong/Tudgay dependent on if Arma is fit

Would personally start Rose and Lorentzon shifting Stokes to LB and Haynes and Bigi out the side, but neither likely to happen

skybluelee

Fitness allowing;

RCC
Ricketts, Ramage (or new CB), Stokes, Haynes
Rose, Vincelot
JOB, Maddison, Murphy
Armstrong

Otis

Think it will be:

RCC

Lorentzson Ricketts New CB Stokes

Bigi Vincelot

Cole Maddison Murphy

Armstrong

2-1

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If he's insistent on playing Murphy, I'd be tempted to play him in a striker type role.

Armstrong isn't getting as much service recently and he certainly doesn't get it when Murphy plays. I think Murphy has the right attributes to be a striker though, and if he wants to be greedy then we can allow that in that position. He definitely played well against Gillingham going through the middle.

If we do that however, it means we're going to have to rejig the midfield as we'll be playing with 2 strikers:

Burge

Lorenztzen Ricketts Ramage Stokes

JOB Vincelot Rose Lameiras

Armstrong Murphy

I'm only dropping RCC as I think he needs a bit of a rest, and possibly bringing back down to earth a little bit (without sounding too harsh). Give Burge a game and keep the competition strong. Bigi for me isn't good enough and doesn't offer enough to the team positively, so I'd throw Rose in for a home debut and see how he gets on. Alternatively Cole or Maddison may be able to play in that position if it isn't too defensive

You could also go three at the back and put Maddison in behind the strikers. We need to win tomorrow, why not go for it?

Burge

Lorenztzen Ricketts Stokes

Maddison

Armstrong Murphy

Nantwich Skyblues

I dont think Armstrong will be risked, i hope tudgay is fit and given another chance, cole needs to play week in week out now as well... get Bassa on the subs bench at least

ClarkeZ

You could also go three at the back and put Maddison in behind the strikers. We need to win tomorrow, why not go for it?

Burge

Lorenztzen Ricketts Stokes

Maddison

Armstrong Murphy

Burge still scares me too much, more so than RCC even.

Ignoring defensive frailties the forward facing section of that second idea could be good. If theres enough cover from the wide midfielders it might even help compress the defence?

If I could choose, maybe:

RCC

Ramage Ricketts Stokes

Lorentzon Vince Fleck Lameiras

JOB Maddison

Armstrong

Otherwise I think TM will stick with the normal back 4 and go for:

RCC

Lorentzon Ramage Ricketts Stokes

Vince Rose

JOB Maddison Lameiras

Arma

Covstu

This is the game that we shake off the disappointing performances, Murphy and Armo back to their best - 3-0 city.

Liquid Gold

RCC
Lorentzson - Ricketts - Ramage - Stokes
Vincelot - Rose
Job - cole - Murphy
Armstrong

Wouldnt mind if it was a really boring game but we snuck it 1-0 need to get some points

Grendel

Ultimately it depends on injuries. If the Swedish guy is fit stokes gets back to full back.

We need Armstrong and Murphy back - especially Armstrong.

skybluepm2

As much as I love TM, I think he needs to do far less tinkering in the midfield. Last weekend may have been enforced but we need a balance and blend; not all youth and not all experience. Burton backfired because of playing Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison and Lameiras. Too feeble and no bite our nous!

I'm hoping that we shake off our injuries, can draft in a new centre half, bring in the Swede and get back to what was fast becoming a routine Ricoh win. 2-0 to the Sky Blues to silence the doubters;

RCC

Stokes
New Chap
Ricketts
Swedie

Vince
Rose

Murphy
O'Brien
Maddison

Armstrong

Gazolba

Don't know what the team will be (but please no Burge!) however, if we don't win, I think we can forget about automatic promotion. If we do win, I hope its 4-0 or 5-0 because we need to get our good goal difference back after the 3-0 defeat by Southend.

stupot07

If Armstrong and Murphy are fit I think TM will go for

-----------------RCC
Ricketts -Ramage - stokes - Haynes
-----------Vincelot - Bigi
--Murphy---------cole----Maddison
--------------Armstrong

A must win game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Tough one this, would probably come down to who is showing resolve in training in reality, but considering I don't know that:

RCC
Lorentzson Ricketts Stokes/NewCB Haynes/Stokes
Vincelot Rose
JOB Cole Maddison
Armstrong/Tudgay.

S: Burge, Ramage, Hunt, Bigi, Lameiras, Murphy/Sambou, Tudgay/MAF

Nick

Administrator
Will Mcsheffrey be playing? 1-0 them with him scoring (Which I will applaud while he celebrates like he has just won the world cup)

Otis

were gonna win. i can feel it!
Course we will. We should be far too strong. First defeat of the season at home last time out and that was very much self-inflicted.

New CB to shore up the back four, Lorentzson in and suddenly we will be watertight .........ish.

It's the other end I am more focusing on and I expect us to be scoring on Saturday. It's been just one goal scored in 3 matches so that really needs to change and I think Armstrong and Murphy will be on the scoresheet.

Users who are viewing this thread