Season ticket blackout (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Coventry City Season Ticket Blackout 17/18
15 hrs ·
We are Urging Coventry City Supporters to Not Purchase Season Tickets for the 2017/18 season , We understand how hard this is as somebody who hasn't missed a game home and away for a long time , we believe this is the next step to try and force ownership Change at Coventry City Football Club .
Together we win , Divided we lose
#CCSTBO #PUSB #SISUOUT

Otis

Rich in error

I can help, not by choice but due to a move so there will be minus 2 season tickets next season and minus 2 fans in the ground from now :-(

Bob Latchford

I have noticed a number are saying they feel conned re season tickets. after being told we're going to do this , we're going to do that by the club. only for everything to be sold once they had people's cash . I'm sure many won't be conned again .

Ashdown

Sadly it is the only way forward now ! They have to be driven out and the only way is to stop feeding them ! Only in football would punters keep coming back for such a shit product and get the piss taken out of them. With SISU here there is no hope at all, with them gone we can start again !

Nick

Administrator
That's a good point AND that is why it is important to bury your position in respect of UNITY.
What is meant by burying your position?

Any chance of showing how this will force them out rather than just mean less money in means less money for wages?

No doubt it will get a "you must be happy with sisu" lame reply and not an actual.constructive answer with workings out.

NortonSkyBlue

I am not a season ticket holder but I must say I would never ask a fellow fan to not watch their team be it in Northampton or at the Ricoh.
I understand you are saying it is for the common good but sadly it wont make a difference in any way. If we have learned any lessons along the way it should be that sisu march to the beat of their own drum.

Grendel

That's a good point AND that is why it is important to bury your position in respect of UNITY.

Well you think all ccfc fans are worms so you can do one can't you.

NorthernWisdom

I am not a season ticket holder but I must say I would never ask a fellow fan to not watch their team be it in Northampton or at the Ricoh.
I understand you are saying it is for the common good but sadly it wont make a difference in any way. If we have learned any lessons along the way it should be that sisu march to the beat of their own drum.
Well said.

I barely go nowadays, and that's as much because of the fact it ain't fun... to me. Obviously the less that go, the less budget there is for players and running the club. I'm comfortable that it's not my responsibility to increase that but... it's warped logic to assume that boycott = SISU pack up and go, leaving exactly what people boycotting want, in their wake.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
How will this show unity and common front against SISU? You can see the bickering between fans such a campaign will lead to.

What is the logic that says such a thing will directly affect SISU who have said to the club no more funds sink or swim on your own ability to raise funds? The club will have to operate on lower incomes and sell players that's all, which points to relegation struggles

People voting with their feet because the product is poor is one thing but to claim (as will happen) that its part of a campaign to force insulated, arms length uncaring owners out is for me a nonsense

Senior Vick from Alicante

The product on the pitch will be a deciding factor. Supporters naturally will not renew if they think it's crap so they will just start picking and choosing matches. You will not need to have a total boycott for less income. Sisu's funding model is eating itself up and the downward spiral gets smaller. Next year is the key to it when the lease needs renewing, will that outlay be worth the income being generated?

Nick

Administrator
How will this show unity and common front against SISU? You can see the bickering between fans such a campaign will lead to.

What is the logic that says such a thing will directly affect SISU who have said to the club no more funds sink or swim on your own ability to raise funds? The club will have to operate on lower incomes and sell players that's all, which points to relegation struggles

People voting with their feet because the product is poor is one thing but to claim (as will happen) that its part of a campaign to force insulated, arms length uncaring owners out is for me a nonsense

There is no logic, they won't be able to explain the logic behind it the same as they can't with nopm.

It's just to round up the internet "well dones" and "you show thems".

SkyBlue_Bear83

At the moment I won't be getting a season ticket.

The only thing that will change my mind is a serious change of direction from the club, appoint a proper manager and get the long term future of the stadium and the academy sorted one way or the other is a minimum requirement for me to think of changing my mind. If we decide the Ricoh and higgs are not viable then that's fine but I need to see real concrete plans and action for other alternatives.
Don't care about ownership as long as we get those things done.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The club has a terminal disease and is dying. That's a fact. There is no future.

The only way we are getting the owners to put the club up for sale is with something extreme. Therefore if we want the club to survive, something extreme needs to be done.

There is a difference between having to slash the budget because of poor crowds, and physically having no income. There is the risk that they will then liquidate us rather than sell, so the best approach is to have a potential buyer waiting in the wings, then pull the plug on SISU. They'll have to then sell up if they want to recoup anything.

In terms of boycotting, it might be a good idea to pack the stadium for a game. Fill it to the rafters. Then the week after, no one turns up. It can be a sort of 'this is what you could have had.' - That is potentially a good method to try and attract a new owner as well. Show them the potential if they can get it right.

Protests, mock funerals, petitions etc are not going to work. I actually support this move. We need to grow a pair of balls and stand up to them. Yes there are risks, but there is a risk right now we won't have a club within the next few years anyway.

Nick

Administrator
The club has a terminal disease and is dying. That's a fact. There is no future.

The only way we are getting the owners to put the club up for sale is with something extreme. Therefore if we want the club to survive, something extreme needs to be done.

There is a difference between having to slash the budget because of poor crowds, and physically having no income. There is the risk that they will then liquidate us rather than sell, so the best approach is to have a potential buyer waiting in the wings, then pull the plug on SISU. They'll have to then sell up if they want to recoup anything.

In terms of boycotting, it might be a good idea to pack the stadium for a game. Fill it to the rafters. Then the week after, no one turns up. It can be a sort of 'this is what you could have had.' - That is potentially a good method to try and attract a new owner as well. Show them the potential if they can get it right.

Protests, mock funerals, petitions etc are not going to work. I actually support this move. We need to grow a pair of balls and stand up to them. Yes there are risks, but there is a risk right now we won't have a club within the next few years anyway.

Surely there isn't a difference between slashing the budget because of low crowds and having no income?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Surely there isn't a difference between slashing the budget because of low crowds and having no income?

You can still operate the club with low crowds, as long as you're on a shoestring.

You cannot operate the club if there is absolutely no income whatsoever.

The former has Lee Burge playing up front. The latter means an exit of some sort has to happen.

Liquid Gold

If crowds are really low next season it could play into sisu's hands. They can claim that it doesn't make business sense to renew the lease on the Ricoh.

The only way we are going to get rid of them is for them to sell. The way we can help that is by making us look an attractive prospect, increased attendances would be a factor in this.

Nick

Administrator
You can still operate the club with low crowds, as long as you're on a shoestring.

You cannot operate the club if there is absolutely no income whatsoever.

The former has Lee Burge playing up front. The latter means an exit of some sort has to happen.

But they will always have income of some sort, they will just cut everything down to try and fit inside that.

NorthernWisdom

If there's no income (zero. Is that *really* practical?!?) then the club gets wound up.

Don't get me wrong, if that's where we're heading I'd rather just get it over with, but let's not kid ourselves that what happens with zero income and zero assets is that the club is meekly handed over, in a form acceptable to all.

Nick

Administrator
How? What income would they have with no ticket sales?

A complete blackout and they couldn't even give Sky Blue Sam a junior groundsman scholarship.

They will always get some ticket sales.

There won't be a complete blackout.

Even if it did happen, sisu won't then suddenly decide to hand the club to the fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They will always get some ticket sales.

There won't be a complete blackout.

Even if it did happen, sisu won't then suddenly decide to hand the club to the fans.

Even a 90% blackout would mean that you couldn't keep the club open. You may well get Northampton attendances. They couldn't keep that going.

They wouldn't just hand it over the fans. They either sell to someone with an offer or liquidate. The former still gives them sent chance of getting something out of their failed investment.

Nick

Administrator
Even a 90% blackout would mean that you couldn't keep the club open. You may well get Northampton attendances. They couldn't keep that going.

They wouldn't just hand it over the fans. They either sell to someone with an offer or liquidate. The former still gives them sent chance of getting something out of their failed investment.

They would just cut everything down on Northampton attendances.

It isn't going to get rid of them.

Pipehitterz

I'll be Fucked if someone ever stops me watching City.
This is the most stupidly thought out 'war mongering ' thing I have ever heard of.
Ensuring we have a team relegated and allow sisu to carry on running the Club at a lower cost than before.
IDIOTS

Users who are viewing this thread