Season Ticket (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Renewed :-/

Blind faith... £250 for a scarf and pin badge I haven't even seen yet!!

rickyCCFC

Fair play to you mate. I'll be doing the same. Wouldn't be able to be anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon

Gray

don't forget the 20 quid off at the club shop! i hope they don't exclude the new kits from the offer

torchomatic

Yep, me my dad and son have renewed also.

WillieStanley

It'll be my daughters first season with a season ticket too! She's been asking every game to come along! Its her birthday in May and we've booked SB Sam, so he's going to give it her as a present!

ohitsaidwalker king power

WillieStanley.. top stuff mate.... even though the football isnt the best, spending time with the kids is money well invested, she'll love you forever.. well until a cold November night vs Wallsall!!:laugh:

It matters not what you do... only that you spend time with 'em..

kg82

I remember when my dad got me my first season ticket, I was so happy! 15 years on and I still hold a grudge!!!

Marty

Anybody know what the craic is with refunds on season tickets??

ohitsaidwalker king power

Confession time... and people please don't hate me forever:eek:...

At the age of circa 9 and 10.. my Fathers mate, my Dad and I would alternate between Highfield road and Villa Park, Dads mate being a Villan- about 3 times per season we'd go to each venue... then for my 12th Birthday(1978) Dad said we could get a season ticket..for the 78/79 season and I could pick who we supported... I chose the Sky Blues...knowing he was a true blue... from that day to his sad passing last year (apart from 1 glorious day in May '87) he reminded me of my poor decision making!... and when the city fans sang "my old man said be a villa fan... don't talk bol%cks your a c*%t.." he used to look at me... that knowing fatherly stare... god how I miss him...and so 33 years on I dare say my season ticket will be renewed... as it has been every year in between.. my son now with me.... PUSB:D

Delmonte

My two kids have season tickets and never got their free football from the shop which they were due as being Junior Sky Blues even though they went in every game from the start of the season with their voucher.

In fact the staff in the club shop at the ground were really unhelpful and borderline rude when said they probably wouldn't get them and to hold no hope for one.

So I emailed the club 5 times and never got a reply.

Then my daughter was meant to hold a flag on legends day, went down to be told pitch side that she took too long coming from our season ticket seat and they had someone else. Heart broken wasn't the word.

This is how they treat the future supporters?

It's fair to say I won't be buying my kids a season ticket for 2012.

PR at this club is shit.

cornoccfc

My two kids have season tickets and never got their free football from the shop which they were due as being Junior Sky Blues even though they went in every game from the start of the season with their voucher.

In fact the staff in the club shop at the ground were really unhelpful and borderline rude when said they probably wouldn't get them and to hold no hope for one.

So I emailed the club 5 times and never got a reply.

Then my daughter was meant to hold a flag on legends day, went down to be told pitch side that she took too long coming from our season ticket seat and they had someone else. Heart broken wasn't the word.

This is how they treat the future supporters?

It's fair to say I won't be buying my kids a season ticket for 2012.

PR at this club is shit.

Post on their FB page- they'll be pretty quick to stamp on the negativity.

Either they'll reply, or delete the post :)

WillieStanley

I just spoke to the Club shop on the telephone and the advisor confirmed that if you buy prior to 24/03/12 you get all three free gifts and one gets knocked off each deadline.

Castlevale, I understand your point and hope I see you come along next season, but I'd just like to explain, not just to you but everyone, that my decision to renew had absolutely nothing to do with who our owners are.

It had nothing to do with what league we're playing in or who the playing and coaching staff are. It is soley down to the fact that, since 1992 I have been a fan of Coventry City Football Club. A proud fan, I might add. To wear Sky Blue at our home ground, wherever that may be (HR,Ricoh) on a match day, on holiday, visiting other towns, away days... or to proudly answer "Coventry City" to an intrigued yet confused look when I'm asked "Whose yer team, then". Those are only partially why I'm renewing... and will do even if in the Blue Square.

That and my wife said I could...

Blinxs

Getting my first season ticket as soon as possible. Not only so i can see my beloved CCFC for the whole season for the first time but also to help us financially. I know people are waiting for a takeover that may or may not happen but i think the club needs the money now regardless of owners and every little helps

ccfcway

I wonder if they will do the same as last pre season, where they rang people and said "if you are not happy with the signings in the summer, you can have our money back"

:whistle::whistle:

Lets brush that one under the carpet thought hey !

CCFC Germany

Call me mad, but I'll probably get one, even though I'll probably just make it to two or three home games -
I just think the club needs the money and I just want to help...

WillieStanley

Here's an odd one. A friend of mine has been a United fan for around 25 years. A real passionate one. He'd come and watch the City as a "second" team every now and then. We all know one like that.

But here's a twist. Somewhere along the way this season he has turned his back on United, bought a season ticket for the remainder of the season at the Ricoh and not missed a home or away match since.

Anyone care to explain?

dongonzalos

That is a great price for a season ticket, imagine how many they would sell if they had more engagement with the fans and explained their decisions and plans

Ccfcsj

I want one as I've had one for the last 25 years. However finding the money is the sticking point at the moment.

I don't care what league we are in etc just want to be there.

torchomatic

People are buying tickets because they support their team, like me. let us get on with it, eh?

Lets brush that one under the carpet thought hey !

Blinxs

Here's an odd one. A friend of mine has been a United fan for around 25 years. A real passionate one. He'd come and watch the City as a "second" team every now and then. We all know one like that.

But here's a twist. Somewhere along the way this season he has turned his back on United, bought a season ticket for the remainder of the season at the Ricoh and not missed a home or away match since.

Anyone care to explain?

I've got a friend who is a palace fan who lives in cov so we have been to a couple of games together this season to watch each club and he has decided he wants a season ticket for CCFC and yet even our own fans dont want to get one. I guess it is a massive difference seeing 1 or 2 ok games in a season compared to 25 years of hurt.

aloisiwouldhavescored

People are buying tickets because they support their team, like me. let us get on with it, eh?

As ever we'll be there buying our season tickets.

Supported City since 1964 and not going to change now - they are my team, regardless of WHAT league they are in. City till I die!

Users who are viewing this thread