Season ticket (1 Viewer)

skyblue19

Now I know there will be lots of 'don't give sisu your money', but I want to go next season, I'm already fed up of summer almost here with no footy to go to. The only thing is when would be the right time to buy, with the worry of liquidation what would happen if you had already bought a ticket?

If you buy it using a credit card then you'll be ok. If you pay monthly then you can cancel the payments if the club goes into liquidation.

Chipfat

I would'nt go anywhere near the ticket office until SISU ' Fisher' come out with the plan for next season..

Coventrycityfc

I suggest no one buys until after liquidation or a plan b is announced ! You will lose your money otherwise and only be paying off rent owed to ACL

Tankie

There seems to be a couple of rigid stances being shown on the question of season ticket renewals.
There's, the "Look at me, I'm a good supporter, I've already Got "OURS" Don't care how rubbish they play, or whatever league they're in i'll still give them my hard earned money, these fans are the lifeblood of any club, and if I'd got one I'd Take my hat off to them.

The second set of fans, take offence at being labled Fickle and Bad supporters, because they're not legging it to the ticket office, to what could turn out to be, throwing good money after bad, the reasons being are. Do we have a guarantee there will be a CCFC next season?
Will we have a team that compete? Are our best players going to be sold, will Susu still be here and continue to underfund the club, will sisu
come clean on what their intentions are regarding the future of the club,
Too much to ask! I don' see why, When you buy something, its usual, to know what your'e getting.
PUSB.........Tankie

sky_blue_up_north

Just love the club, have done for 50 years, no matter what league, hate what SISU have done to us, they are not the only ones to blame. This rot goes back to Richardson and Robinson. But the club is bigger than anything else so I have mine. Just cannot think of life without CCFC.

Chipfat

No they didnt get told the plan ,, they got told TF is going to SISU and asking for a budget... But again you hear what you want to make your argument...

You will find out soon but no doubt will come up with another excuse or reason why we should trust the current owners

Si80

I bought my season ticket because it was cheaper to buy it now, rather than wait and see what may or may not happen in the next few months and get hit with the higher charge.

Fair play to the people that want to wait it out and pay more, that's your choice and I totally understand your reasons. But I chose to pay by card to eliminate the risk of the probable admin / liquidation, save myself £40-50 and take what I still see as decent value to watch some football on a Saturday.

italiahorse

Got my season ticket and going to Southampton. I would support Coventry if Mickey Mouse was in charge.
SISU are running the club as I would do if it was my money. With the new fair play regulations all clubs will need to run it this way and so we will be on a level playing field.
Hoffman is just another business man who will head the club and be answerable to shareholders. We don't want SISU to pull the plug I just wish they would communicate their situation more.
We are now behind our level so as we claw back we will have a great season.
Get real and get behind the club !!!!!!!!!

Just love the club, have done for 50 years, no matter what league, hate what SISU have done to us, they are not the only ones to blame. This rot goes back to Richardson and Robinson. But the club is bigger than anything else so I have mine. Just cannot think of life without CCFC.

My sentiments too SBUN and being a 50 year+ fan (atic) like yourself I renewed my ST three weeks ago BUT I have arranged actual payment (for the first time) via Direct Debit (8 months starting 1st June 2012) - so in the event of any tits up calamity I will at least recover some of my outlay.

PUSB

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

Well we're back now in the league where I started supporting the Sky Blues - what a roller-coaster the 60s was under Jimmy Hill and the great Derrick Robins - players, management, staff and supporters all pulling together.

The difference now is that we don't even know who owns our once proud club. Acting CEO Fisher's recent 'Club Statement' and CT article merely reinforces my disillusionment with the way CCFC has been 'run' since SISU took over. You simply cannot believe a word of what they say or have said.

Put simply the 'acting CEO' (= puppet) is going to SISU (= hedge fund that appointed the puppet) to ask them to ask 'the owner' (= an unknown person or persons) how much money (if any) they will guarantee for us to continue as a going concern next season. Remember that our current accounts have yet to be signed off by auditors because there is currently no guarantee of funding for next season. We are still under a transfer embargo.

So no ST for Jnr Scam or me again this season. Not until SISU have gone, tails between their legs in disgrace, will we renew. And I don't care what division we're in, or if we've been through administration with a -10 points deduction, we'll be right at the front of the queue!

Could it be before the start of the next season? We can live in hope!

ps Advice for people buying STs: please use a credit card to buy at least part of your ST, or if like me you don't use credit cards get a mate to buy it on your behalf and reimburse your mate. You'll then be covered if the worst happens and can claim money back off the credit card company. Don't trust SISU.

pps If you sign up for the 8-month direct debit option, then your debt is not with CCFC but with the credit provider. They will have forwarded moneys to CCFC, and even if we are liquidated they could still pursue you as an individual for the remaining payments.

My sentiments too HH and being a 50 year+ fan (atic) like yourself I renewed my ST three weeks ago BUT I have arranged actual payment (for the first time) via Direct Debit (8 months starting 1st June 2012) - so in the event of any tits up calamity I will at least recover some of my outlay.

PUSB

I think you may find if Coventry did go tits up you would be liable for the full amount. We have discussed this before and I thought that the conclusion was your agreement is with a finance company and not CCFC. The finance company pay CCFC the money up front and take you on as a loan agreement.
:eek:

ccfc2011

They reduce season tickets prices but they won't

Mr T - Sukka!

ST Price increase for a lower leauge.
Worst football for as long as i can remember.
Players going to leave left right and centre.
Lowest crowds for years.

Errrm no im not getting a Season ticket this year. I did think about getting one but it will just keep SISU at CCFC for longer.

If CCFC matches my ambitions and get rid of most of that shit from this season, i will go and get one. But i dont see it some how.
They are going to screw us over with lies and bullshit to sell ST's. I will not be falling for it.

Gaz

I absolutely respect everyone's decision not to get one, but if we had 25k season ticket holders then we wouldn't be in half the mess we are in.

Mr T - Sukka!

I absolutely respect everyone's decision not to get one, but if we had 25k season ticket holders then we wouldn't be in half the mess we are in.

Yes we would. If we sell out every game the players are still not good enough, thats the point.

oakey

I bought two.
It seems to me SISU would be more likely to pull the plug if we sell a tiny number of season tickets. They may take the view that the club is poorly supported and a lost cause so just get rid.
On the other hand if 25 thousand bought them they may think, actually that club has a future, we could for a tiny investment ie. Little more than they put in this season, start a movement which swells like the Sky blue revolution of the 1960s. Maybe a delegation led by John Sillett, Ron Farmer, Willie Carr etc could talk about those days and who knows?
Can't shake the feeling that SISU will kill the club if we allow them to think there are not enough of us to care.

Gaz

Yes we would. If we sell out every game the players are still not good enough, thats the point.

No we wouldn't.
If we had the support then we would be able to bring in more players, that's the point.

The bigger the club, the better chance you have of doing well.
More tickets sold = more money
More money = better players.

Well we're back now in the league where I started supporting the Sky Blues - what a roller-coaster the 60s was under Jimmy Hill and the great Derrick Robins - players, management, staff and supporters all pulling together.

The difference now is that we don't even know who owns our once proud club. Acting CEO Fisher's recent 'Club Statement' and CT article merely reinforces my disillusionment with the way CCFC has been 'run' since SISU took over. You simply cannot believe a word of what they say or have said.

Put simply the 'acting CEO' (= puppet) is going to SISU (= hedge fund that appointed the puppet) to ask them to ask 'the owner' (= an unknown person or persons) how much money (if any) they will guarantee for us to continue as a going concern next season. Remember that our current accounts have yet to be signed off by auditors because there is currently no guarantee of funding for next season. We are still under a transfer embargo.

So no ST for Jnr Scam or me again this season. Not until SISU have gone, tails between their legs in disgrace, will we renew. And I don't care what division we're in, or if we've been through administration with a -10 points deduction, we'll be right at the front of the queue!

Could it be before the start of the next season? We can live in hope!

ps Advice for people buying STs: please use a credit card to buy at least part of your ST, or if like me you don't use credit cards get a mate to buy it on your behalf and reimburse your mate. You'll then be covered if the worst happens and can claim money back off the credit card company. Don't trust SISU.

pps If you sign up for the 8-month direct debit option, then your debt is not with CCFC but with the credit provider. They will have forwarded moneys to CCFC, and even if we are liquidated they could still pursue you as an individual for the remaining payments.

Re your pps statement.

Just checked my Direct Debit paperwork - it is classed as A DD Instructiion to my bank for the 8 month agreement.

At the bottom is "The Direct Debit Guarantee" and it reads thus:

(1) This guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or building Society.

(2) If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change CCFC Holdings Ltd - Premier Club will notify you ten working days in advance pf your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

(3) If an error is made by CCFC Holdings Ltd - Premier Club or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.

(4) You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society.
Please send a copy of your letter to us.

It looks at first glance that all I need to do is to comply with (4) above as there appears to be no obvious financial penalty for early cancellation - am I reading this right ???

PUSB

dongonzalos

I feel sorry for those who commit to season tickets. You do this because you love the club. This is the highlight of your week. The build up the match the post analysis. The social aspect. Everything I agree it is awesome.
If you are that addicted that you will buy a ticket no matter what is thrown at you. You will rightly be desperate for others to do the same. Firstly so you feel justified in your actions. Secondly so you enjoy your experience even more.

However I feel SISU depend on this type of addictive support. They know we will believe anything positive they spin as it is what we want to believe.

I think it is so unfair. When you bought your season tickets last summer do you feel you got what you were promised before you bought them.

When we buy a season ticket. You make a commitment. The club makes promises inducing you to do it. However they have no commitment to honour those promises. The latest at the moment is we are securing a budget to come back up.

If you do get a season ticket it is your choice but I would refrain from calling those who don't bad supporters. Or try and scare monger them into doing so. As you are doing SISU's work for them

chiefdave

Re your pps statement.

Just checked my Direct Debit paperwork - it is classed as A DD Instructiion to my bank for the 8 month agreement.

(1) This guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or building Society.

(2) If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change CCFC Holdings Ltd - Premier Club will notify you ten working days in advance pf your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

(3) If an error is made by CCFC Holdings Ltd - Premier Club or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.

(4) You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society.

It looks at first glance that all I need to do is to comply with (4) above as there appears to be no obvious financial penalty for early cancellation - am I reading this right ???

PUSB

If you've had any form of credit you will have had to sign a credit agreement. Pretty sure if you haven't signed one of them you can't be chased for payment.

I think the way the season ticket direct debit works is that you're always paying in advance so if you did stop paying they would cancel your ticket and you would have already paid for the matches you'd been to.

coundonskyblue

I bought two.
It seems to me SISU would be more likely to pull the plug if we sell a tiny number of season tickets. They may take the view that the club is poorly supported and a lost cause so just get rid.
On the other hand if 25 thousand bought them they may think, actually that club has a future, we could for a tiny investment ie. Little more than they put in this season, start a movement which swells like the Sky blue revolution of the 1960s. Maybe a delegation led by John Sillett, Ron Farmer, Willie Carr etc could talk about those days and who knows?
Can't shake the feeling that SISU will kill the club if we allow them to think there are not enough of us to care.

Wasn't last years season ticket sales the highest we've had at the Ricoh? Didn't seem to encourage Sisu to invest then!

TheRoyalScam

Re your pps statement.

PUSB

Interesting that your DD is with CCFC Holdings Ltd - Premier Club and not a finance company. It would be worth checking any credit agreement that should be signed by both parties, however if we do go tits up (liquidation) then I certainly couldn't see them chasing you for any outstanding moneys.

italiahorse

And the alternative is ?
SISU is the only show in town. No SISU no club.

I feel sorry for those who commit to season tickets. You do this because you love the club. This is the highlight of your week. The build up the match the post analysis. The social aspect. Everything I agree it is awesome.
If you are that addicted that you will buy a ticket no matter what is thrown at you. You will rightly be desperate for others to do the same. Firstly so you feel justified in your actions. Secondly so you enjoy your experience even more.

However I feel SISU depend on this type of addictive support. They know we will believe anything positive they spin as it is what we want to believe.

I think it is so unfair. When you bought your season tickets last summer do you feel you got what you were promised before you bought them.

When we buy a season ticket. You make a commitment. The club makes promises inducing you to do it. However they have no commitment to honour those promises. The latest at the moment is we are securing a budget to come back up.

If you do get a season ticket it is your choice but I would refrain from calling those who don't bad supporters. Or try and scare monger them into doing so. As you are doing SISU's work for them

dongonzalos

Somebody will come in for Coventry City if it goes into administration. No question

Tell me how many clubs of coventry's size have seized to exist any more. Even Port Vale have found a buyer.

Alternatively another way of looking at it, is the longer that SISU stay the quality of the newer owner will diminish as their actions will make the club less and less attractive.

Also get rid of SISU now whilst there is a small chance of Hoff's lot coming in.

Allow SISU to carry on with their real plan we still end up with no club but over a longer more painful period.

Remember 5 years ago they saved us from administration and possible relegation.
After 5 painful years we are knocking on the door of administration and we have been relegated, if you are a season ticket holder the pleasure of those 5 years has cost you nearly £2000.

Users who are viewing this thread