Season Tickets 24/25 (7 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

That’s been literally impossible until recent changes to the away end. I’m not 100% it’s possible now.

There’s only been a handful of games where this was actually a problem. Any talk of a stadium extension is fanciful thinking until we reconfigure the away end to maximise the amount Cov fans in the home end. It’s only until then and we consistently sell this out over a long period of time (10+ years) before you’d consider an extension.

We’re not a club that would consistently sell out a 42,000 seater stadium in the Prem or not.

shmmeee

There’s only been a handful of games where this was actually a problem. Any talk of a stadium extension is fanciful thinking until we reconfigure the away end to maximise the amount Cov fans in the home end. It’s only until then and we consistently sell this out over a long period of time (10+ years) before you’d consider an extension.

We’re not a club that would consistently sell out a 42,000 seater stadium in the Prem or not.

I’d hope not, then we’d need a 50k stadium!

In an imaginary world of magically expanding stadia, if we went up we’d absolutely be pulling in 35-40k a week.

The other point is that spare capacity is a good thing for a club that wants to grow. If someone picked us up wanting to pump cash in the max capacity before we need an upgrade is a serious concern.

I think people are looking at Prem attendances twenty five years ago and making silly assumptions mixed in with a good old bit of Coventry pessimism.

Mucca Mad Boys

In your opinion.

Based on facts. We don’t even sell out our 32.6k stadium in todays world. We have 19-19.5k ST holders and sold out a handful of games in since we moved to the CBS.

People are getting a bit too carried away in the moment - no one was saying these things even 12 months ago.

Hobo

How many Adult season tickets have we really sold? Discounting the £50 per year kids ones.

Is that not applicable to all clubs season ticket sales?

But I agree fans do get carried away with raw figures and vastly over estimate how much money they are generating.

The walk up fan potentially generates more money for the club with less privileges.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I’d hope not, then we’d need a 50k stadium!

In an imaginary world of magically expanding stadia, if we went up we’d absolutely be pulling in 35-40k a week.

The other point is that spare capacity is a good thing for a club that wants to grow. If someone picked us up wanting to pump cash in the max capacity before we need an upgrade is a serious concern.

I think people are looking at Prem attendances twenty five years ago and making silly assumptions mixed in with a good old bit of Coventry pessimism.
Quite possibly 35k for the Liverpools etc first season . Absolutely wouldn't make sense to expand unless we were getting 35k on a windy January evening against Brentford when we're mid table.

ccfcchris

Based on facts. We don’t even sell out our 32.6k stadium in todays world. We have 19-19.5k ST holders and sold out a handful of games in since we moved to the CBS.

People are getting a bit too carried away in the moment - no one was saying these things even 12 months ago.
I agree that talk of expanding the stadium is very premature atm, but nobody knows our true potential if we become a very successful Prem club.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree that talk of expanding the stadium is very premature atm, but nobody knows our true potential if we become a very successful Prem club.
We do have potential, I’ll never talk our club down.

Realistically, you’d need the following things in place before we’d extend:
- home supporters area extended and stadium reconfigured to make it permanent
- all STs to sell out
- a long waiting list for STs
- all home games (including cup) to sell out
- a mechanism to resell home tickets back to club to sell at resale price

All of this over a period of 5-10 years too. At Man U, you have to buy home tie tickets for domestic and continental home ties and they have a ‘3 strike’ rule for non-attendance to games, iirc.

32.6k is a perfect size for us as things stand and only prolonged period of success will change that for us. I really hope we’re entering a ‘golden age’ but it’s important to stay grounded in the present.

Last edited:

ccfcchris

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. There's a feeling among some of our support that we're a small club and always will be and I think they're wrong.

After all we've been through as a club this is a great discussion to be having.

bigfatronssba

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. There's a feeling among some of our support that we're a small club and always will be and I think they're wrong.

After all we've been through as a club this is a great discussion to be having.

We’re no different to any other medium sized club. Success on the pitch will bring in big crowds.

It’s not even anything new. Everyone forgets that in 1962 our average crowd was only 10k. By 1968 it was 34k.

Users who are viewing this thread