Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (5 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

And real household inflation is far greater

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Which means the football clubs inflation is also far greater.

Why do you think the club should absorb higher costs but the spectators shouldn’t?

clint van damme

Why do you think the club should absorb higher costs but the spectators shouldn’t?

Why do you think it's a bad thing football supporters organising a protest when they disagree with a policy being implemented at their club?

torchomatic

Coincidentally, found this in the back of a drawer today. 20240411_193911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfatronssba

Why do you think it's a bad thing football supporters organising a protest when they disagree with a policy being implemented at their club?

Because it’s moronic.

They don’t want the clubs income to increase, but want spending on the team to increase.

Mayor Quimbys Bear Tax springs to mind

fernandopartridge

The football club's basket of goods and services is quite different from a household's. It pays a fixed rent for the ground it plays in.

bigfatronssba

The football club's basket of goods and services is quite different from a household's. It pays a fixed rent for the ground it plays in.

Its wages, utilities, maintenance, travel, legal fees etc are not fixed

clint van damme

Because it’s moronic.

They don’t want the clubs income to increase, but want spending on the team to increase.

Mayor Quimbys Bear Tax springs to mind

Where have they said they want spending to increase?
And how much would 2 percent on ticket prices a tally fund anyway?

Hobo

No !! Why Liverpool bothered with 2% season ticket increase of 2%. Its peanuts.

Not 2% of their total turnover.

Why should fans be immune from a rise in prices? Clubs have kept things pretty flat. You say it's peanuts, but our fans seem to think an extra 5,000 season tickets and a few extra shirt sales can buy the world in the transfer market.

bigfatronssba

Players sign for fixed term contracts so to an extent wages are fixed. Legal fees lol, must represent about 2% of the club's expenditure.

A majority of a clubs employees is non playing staff.

Legal fees in any major organisation are always going to be significant

Brighton Sky Blue

Why should fans be immune from a rise in prices? Clubs have kept things pretty flat. You say it's peanuts, but our fans seem to think an extra 5,000 season tickets and a few extra shirt sales can buy the world in the transfer market.
For us, matchday revenue and ticket sales are a much bigger proportion of our turnover.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Players sign for fixed term contracts so to an extent wages are fixed. Legal fees lol, must represent about 2% of the club's expenditure.

Some contracts do have annual increases built in, say £10k Y1, £11k Y2, £12k Y3 etc.

torchomatic

Attachments

• 20240411_193853.jpg
    20240411_193853.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

MalcSB

Nothing in there about hospitality.
I’ve found Nottingham Forrest executive box price for 2010-11, which was £11,000 plus vat for 8 with a very similar offering. Making up to 12 and allowing for inflation that’s equivalent to £31,500 - far more than the £25,000 greedy Doug is charging.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

There should be a HUGE increase in season ticket sales judging by all the new members on the f.a. Cup ticket thread
There has been a huge increase in ST this season and average attendances will be the highest in over 50 years.The band wagon is rolling.
Last year match reciepts were over 7 million this year will be around 9 or even above.
That without catering that should be going through the roof with the amount of pints I see consumed now
We will gain some of these day tripper have no fear.All I hope is like i've said before big money is coming in now .Do'nt kill the goose.

edgy

Offer the final Wembo tickets to new season ticket holders!

Get me on the marketing team Doug!

pusbccfc

Doug had his evening with the London Supporters Club on Thursday and apparently admitted there will be a price increase.

No figure but certainly sounded like they'll be close, if not inline with the Prem Packages.

samccov1987

Doug had his evening with the London Supporters Club on Thursday and apparently admitted there will be a price increase.

No figure but certainly sounded like they'll be close, if not inline with the Prem Packages.
£500 standard price would be way too much in my opinion.

Accept it’s not out of line with a lot of clubs but with the lack of 15.00 kick offs and us falling away in the promotion race I reckon we would lose a fair number of season ticket holders and gain no extra revenue.

pusbccfc

£500 standard price would be way too much in my opinion.

Accept it’s not out of line with a lot of clubs but with the lack of 15.00 kick offs and us falling away in the promotion race I reckon we would lose a fair number of season ticket holders and gain no extra revenue.

Agreed. Numbers will drop off if he charges that.

shmmeee

If I were the marketing team, and they were due out this week.... I'd delay after that spineless pile of shite served up today.

I’d be gambling hard on a win at Wembley, but much later and we could be in full dead rubber. Ideal situation Norwich lose a couple and we win the next two and you could charge what you like cos everyone will be dreaming of PL and Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread