second bid for city (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

probably shouldn't read too much into Fletchers involvement, I would imagine they've just spoken with him as he would have some inside knowledge. it's not being suggested he comes back and runs the club or anything like that is it?

CCFC_GT

If any bid did come through, no matter how small or big, it will surely have to go through a voting process of whether to accept or not ... The council leadership has change recently, and a lot has happened since... I can imagine a many of the councillors from all cross parties may have had a change of opinion since.

Guess time will tell... I personally feel they would probably hold on to there half share as a caution but may put it through a vote and reconsider it if they feel the football club and the City of Coventry have benefitted from the new owners.

I would be quite happy for the council to retain its half ownership of the bricks and mortar of the Ricoh, but not happy for it to cling on to its right to a half share of all the (non footballing) revenues, as I believe the council should be prepared to sell these rights to the football club (not a holding company) at a reasonable market price. This would help the football club to more sustainable going forward for any new owners.

bigfatronssba

I would be quite happy for the council to retain its half ownership of the bricks and mortar of the Ricoh, but not happy for it to cling on to its right to a half share of all the (non footballing) revenues, as I believe the council should be prepared to sell these rights to the football club (not a holding company) at a reasonable market price. This would help the football club to more sustainable going forward for any new owners.

From what the guy heading the bid was saying on the radio that is the route they will go down. Said along the lines of the Freehold isn't important, the revenues are.

The revenues are the most important element now - because of the FFP Rules, we need to have that money to be able to compete at any level...this is the point Fisher is making, hence the proposed move to a new stadium. (I'm not agreeing with Mr Fisher about the move just correlating the same point made by 2 different businesses)

Joy Division

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby appoited Laws..

i thought you only commented with "verifiable and documented facts"

I think your getting yourself all confused. I know nothing, I don't have all the verifiable and documented facts as previously stated.

Sky Blue Dal

I agree ... but this is the council we talking about here... you always get a few trouble making councillors who will try to vote against it and block this ... Most of them have no interest in football. Remember they a Politian's, all looking selfishly out for themselves. Since they have had a fair share of revenues coming in from the Ricoh, it would be very hard for them let go some of that revenue. Come on... they won't stand for a budgeted xmas party.

I really hope what you saying does happens ... but not holding my breath. I hope I am wrong.

luwalla

I think your getting yourself all confused. I know nothing, I don't have all the verifiable and documented facts as previously stated.

your right on all counts!!

wow, just imagine if we put this much effort into fighting SISU, im sure they'd be running for the hills by now

Joy Division

Just to be clear, I'm not anti Paul Fletcher. He's clearly done well for himself and made some good sponsorship deals for stadiums, I just don't think he is the messiah that some people are making him out to be. If 'due diligence' is taking bits of information from his biog then best of luck with that, lets just hope to god our potential new owners don't follow the same process.

But peace and love and all that my friend :wave:

luwalla

just to be clear, im not pro paul fletcher or anti elliot etc etc etc..

i just found it ludicrous that people were outraged that PF might be coming back in some form.. yet they were happy enough for Elliot to be fronting up a take over again. so for balance & arguments sake i was simply pointing out PF previous success ( which for some reason, known only to them, seemed to rile some).

I stopped short of pointing out Elliots failed associations.. as im sure he had the best intrest of the club at heart, and im sure he loves the club.. but really. there needs to be some level of sense & ability to offer balance in any debate without it being brought down to the whole "you SISU lover" .. "you think PF is the messiah" level.

and yep P & L, lets save our fire to fight for the club & its future, rather than against each other :)

Last edited:

covcity4life

just to be clear, im not pro paul fletcher or anti elliot etc etc etc..

i just found it ludicrous that people were outraged that PF might be coming back in some form.. yet they were happy enough for Elliot to be fronting up a take over again. so for balance & arguments sake i was simply pointing out PF previous success ( which for some reason, known only to them, seemed to rile some).

I stopped short of pointing out Elliots failed associations.. as im sure he had the best intrest of the club at heart, and im sure he loves the club.. but really. there needs to be some level of sense & ability to offer balance in any debate without it being brought down to the whole "you SISU lover" .. "you think PF is the messiah" level.

NLHWC is a known wum/imamture kid, dont worry about him mate

theferret

Just to be clear, I'm not anti Paul Fletcher. He's clearly done well for himself and made some good sponsorship deals for stadiums, I just don't think he is the messiah that some people are making him out to be. If 'due diligence' is taking bits of information from his biog then best of luck with that, lets just hope to god our potential new owners don't follow the same process.

But peace and love and all that my friend :wave:

It's amazing how people twist things. Nobody has claimed he is the messiah, what gave you that idea?

PF is/was being as a consultant by this this consortium. Nothing more, nothing less. That is all we know. This then led one individual to dismiss the bid altogether and declare "I'm out". In response to that people recalled some of his previous achievements and questioned this extreme reaction, especially when it was pretty clear he was not fronting the bid.

Some people, ahem, then seemed to take umbridge with the fact others were complimentary about PF's CV. Countless posts later and here we are, and amazingly it is now been suggested that those who took a reasoned, non-reactionary position on this development are somehow being unreasonable and are taking a PF is the 'messiah' stance. I really don't know what is the matter with some people.

Sub

i just hope that if we do get taken over we know exactly who owns us and there are not alot of different holding companies and most of all i would like to know that SISU are not involved in any shape or form!!!

Joy Division

It's amazing how people twist things. Nobody has claimed he is the messiah, what gave you that idea?

PF is/was being as a consultant by this this consortium. Nothing more, nothing less. That is all we know. This then led one individual to dismiss the bid altogether and declare "I'm out". In response to that people recalled some of his previous achievements and questioned this extreme reaction, especially when it was pretty clear he was not fronting the bid.

Some people, ahem, then seemed to take umbridge with the fact others were complimentary about PF's CV. Countless posts later and here we are, and amazingly it is now been suggested that those who took a reasoned, non-reactionary position on this development are somehow being unreasonable and are taking a PF is the 'messiah' stance. I really don't know what is the matter with some people.

I raised the question as to where these bits of information came from, nothing more. So the 'taking umbridge' bit is wrong ;)

Luwalla kindly replied as to where he read the sources of info, which were from various articles, and are snapshots gathered from his own biog. Kind of how PR works and how newspapers like to take quotes. Some called it 'due diligence' others may take this as verifiable and documented facts.....Me? I tend to disagree

I've no opinion of Paul Fletcher.

Lets move on. Please!

Users who are viewing this thread