Sell us the pitch ! (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

We seem to have an impasse, Lucas and Sepalla meet have a decent dialogue they, sisu want the to buy the freehold, the other lot are a bit coy about it, hopes are raised about a return to the Ricoh then dashed. The council offer a rent free deal for the rest of this season all ooks reasonable but knocked back by this independent director pleb. Obviously our council are wary of letting sisu get their hands on the Ricoh site lock, stock and barrel, I think most supporters don't trust their motives. What if our council followed the Chelsea lead when Ken Bates was selling the club to Roman Abramovic before he did he sold the pitch to supporters in I think one foot square blocks to safe guard any attempt by the Russian to flog off the prime land Stamford Bridge stands on. For me I don't give a threepenny fuck who owns the Arena or the whole site for that matter I know any profits from it woiuld go into the pockets of the owners and little if an to the football team. So why not sell the pitch the Chelsea way then let Sepalla have her stadium and whatever. Now the pitch is of no use to her unless she wants to start selling maris pipers by the sack load. So if she rejected buying the Arena minus the pitch it would perhaps indicate a more sinister motive .

CCFC88

The difference being, as you said Stamford bridge stands on prime land in a prestigious area of London, the Ricoh stands in holbrooks.

mrtrench

The difference being, as you said Stamford bridge stands on prime land in a prestigious area of London, the Ricoh stands in holbrooks.

So you are saying that different problems require different solutions? Why let that be an impediment? Why not solve the Ricoh issue by declaring war on Germany? This has been known to resolve major issues at least twice.

Astute

We seem to have an impasse, Lucas and Sepalla meet have a decent dialogue they, sisu want the to buy the freehold, the other lot are a bit coy about it, hopes are raised about a return to the Ricoh then dashed. The council offer a rent free deal for the rest of this season all ooks reasonable but knocked back by this independent director pleb. Obviously our council are wary of letting sisu get their hands on the Ricoh site lock, stock and barrel, I think most supporters don't trust their motives. What if our council followed the Chelsea lead when Ken Bates was selling the club to Roman Abramovic before he did he sold the pitch to supporters in I think one foot square blocks to safe guard any attempt by the Russian to flog off the prime land Stamford Bridge stands on. For me I don't give a threepenny fuck who owns the Arena or the whole site for that matter I know any profits from it woiuld go into the pockets of the owners and little if an to the football team. So why not sell the pitch the Chelsea way then let Sepalla have her stadium and whatever. Now the pitch is of no use to her unless she wants to start selling maris pipers by the sack load. So if she rejected buying the Arena minus the pitch it would perhaps indicate a more sinister motive .

A little coy? No fucker trusts SISU. They won't pay anywhere near it's true value. If CCC were to sell there would need to be a better offer than SISU would give. And as we all know the boat has sailed and they are building another stadium.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Useless fact of the day....

I "liberated" a small section of the plastic pitch at Loftus Road in 1982....I was at QPR v Wolves (I was only 11 & had my Coventry shirt on under my jumper) and as a full scale riot developed between the 2 sets of fans & the police with horses on the pitch etc. My & my mate got on the pitch & set about securing our souvenir.....

Users who are viewing this thread