Semi Final Dates (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Sure they said they have to give up the stadium to uefa. Doubt it would be given back and redone in less than a day
They played a game, possibly an England game, with NFL markings still visible on the pitch so they could get a quick turnaround.

They may have no choice but to do something similar, there’s a limit to how long they can delay the game

Evo1883

It's not my birthday, I ain't going on holiday, I haven't got to work because I'm retired, I haven't got a ST nor enough points so I won't be going to Wembley so I don't give a fuck what day the semi will be.
Ffs peeps!
See this is what I love about you , such a positive mindset , good for you PUSB 👍

SkyBlueSoul

And so it begins. Having a chat with about the semi with 2 United fans at work, one had to double check what division we're in and the other asks if I reckon we'll sell out our allocation. Neither were taking the piss, honest questions.

Kingokings204

And so it begins. Having a chat with about the semi with 2 United fans at work, one had to double check what division we're in and the other asks if I reckon we'll sell out our allocation. Neither were taking the piss, honest questions.
It’s like mps who live in Westminster. It’s a different bubble. They wouldn’t even know what league we are in. This is true .

Hertsccfc

It really gets to me when people ask what division we are in. And yes it's worse when they mean it seriously. One of the reasons I want us to get back to the top division as soon as possible.

Skybluecol

Motorways were rammed with Cov fans before the play off final so wasn’t much better.
I drove down the morning of the play-off at around 930am and it was busy on the road but nothing unusual about that. From CV5 to parking space 1 mile from Wembley took just over 2hrs with 1 piss stop....doing the same again.

Have booked my car parking space on the your parking space app....booked both dates with a £1.50 fee for cancellation and money back....decent distance walk back from whichever side of wembley we'll be seated and only cost £13.50

Nuskyblue

People at work who support prem teams (admittedly not from Coventry) all asked us if we'd sell out Wembley for the playoffs. Most fans have limited knowledge of leagues outside the one they compete in.

Skyblueweeman

I've sent a message to the Wealdstone chap who organised the fan zone for us the last 2 times. Told him to bomb the united chumps out and get us back in.
What was his name Edgy? I've organised a couple of hotel stays for Wealdstone this season and have been dealing with the COO.

Happy to contact him if needs be.

no_loyalty

What was his name Edgy? I've organised a couple of hotel stays for Wealdstone this season and have been dealing with the COO.

Do you know which end of the stadium we are likely to be this year Skyblueweeman.

Jarvo87

I've sent a message to the Wealdstone chap who organised the fan zone for us the last 2 times. Told him to bomb the united chumps out and get us back in.
Used the Wealdstone FC fan park for the PO final. Very well organised and nice and straightforward to get the tube to Wembley. Hope they organise the same again for us..

edgy

Chaps name is James Klarfeld. Not sure what position he holds withing the club. But he is in Finland until the weekend. I suppose they can't sort anything until they know the fixture date.

shmmeee

People at work who support prem teams (admittedly not from Coventry) all asked us if we'd sell out Wembley for the playoffs. Most fans have limited knowledge of leagues outside the one they compete in.

"Will you sell out an FA Cup Semi?" Becomes a dumber question the lower down the leagues you go, it doesn't require an intimate knowledge of every club in the EFL FFS.

shmmeee

Some people think that out side the premier league is some sort of football backwater with basically 5k fans rattling about empty stadiums.

Agreed, but even fucking Maidstone would have sold out Wembley. When a game like that happens every plastic in a ten mile radius becomes a local fan.

ovduk78

"Will you sell out an FA Cup Semi?" Becomes a dumber question the lower down the leagues you go, it doesn't require an intimate knowledge of every club in the EFL FFS.
You should point out to all these people that the play off final last season between little old Coventry & Luton outsold the FA Cup Final between the 2 massive Manchester teams by 2000. The semi final between Sheff Utd & Man City had a crowd of 73,000 as well.

Skyblueweeman

Chaps name is James Klarfeld. Not sure what position he holds withing the club. But he is in Finland until the weekend. I suppose they can't sort anything until they know the fixture date.
Well let me know as I've been dealing with Richard Hopwood who I think is 2nd in command in the club behind the chairman. Happy to have a chat if needs be as I've got a great relationship with them. Sorted a hotel out for their win away at AFC Fylde at the weekend and received a nice email from them (cc'ing the chairman Rory) saying how great it was :)

Skyblueweeman

Agreed, but even fucking Maidstone would have sold out Wembley. When a game like that happens every plastic in a ten mile radius becomes a local fan.

To be fair, neither Oxford or Exeter sold their allocations against us. I know the FA Cup SF vs Utd is a bit different to the Checkatrade or L2 PO Final but a game at Wembley is a game at Wembley.

I was at Wembley a couple of seasons ago as a guest of Sutton United who I work with, when they played in the PJT vs Rotherham and I think the attendance was only about 29k.

In a SF, I guess the attendances would be higher as unsold tickets would either go to corporates or the other team.

edgy

Well let me know as I've been dealing with Richard Hopwood who I think is 2nd in command in the club behind the chairman. Happy to have a chat if needs be as I've got a great relationship with them. Sorted a hotel out for their win away at AFC Fylde at the weekend and received a nice email from them (cc'ing the chairman Rory) saying how great it was :)

No harm in you making contact with your man. The more people enquire the better! Don't let the placky manc bastards have anything!

Users who are viewing this thread