Sent From Coventry Too (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Hi all.

I just thought Id advocate for the brilliant new album the Sky Blue Trust have put together. I haven't heard all the songs or all the bands but the ones I have heard are absolutely awesome (especially my band :guitar2:). Here's a track list and I'll try to write a bit about the bands I've heard on there!!

THE KONTOURS - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? 03:55
info
RUSSIAN GUN DOGS - DRESDEN 02:35
info
SYMPHONY STATE - SCANDAL 04:54
info
THE FALLOWS - CAST THE FIRST STONE 03:52
info
HOUSE OF ROSSLYN - ONE DAY 04:24
info
DANNY ANSELL - MY FRIEND INSOMNIA 03:11
info
FLYGONE - WE HOLD TOGETHER 04:01
info
DAN-W, JODIE LEE & MOUSIE - CRAZY GAMES 03:06
info
KRISTY GALLACHER - QUICKSAND 03:32
info
THE LOADED - INTO THE MIRROR 04:46
info
CALLUM PICKARD - TRADING HEARTS 04:20
info
SECTION C - BEDOUIN SISTER 04:58
info
JONNY CONCRETE - WTF (Live) 04:38
info
LIPSHOCK - AIM TO PLEASE (SHOOT TO KILL) 03:41
info
SIX OUT OF TEN - SKY BLUE ATTACK 03:10
lyrics
LAST TRAIN HOME - WEDNESDAY MORNING 04:04
info
AFROJOSH - RONNY 03:10
info
CROKODILE TEARS featuring TWO GIRAFFES - EGG 'N' CHIPS 02:25
info
VOODOO KINGS - AUDIE MURPHY 03:24
info
GEMMA LEANNE - WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING 03:15
info
ONLY SHADOWS - BE STILL 03:45
info
SONRISA - DANCE WITH ME 03:36
info
THE BROKEN REBELS - LOVE 05:04
info
SIXTYFOURS - RULE THE WORLD 03:07
info
DAVID GOODY - ONE OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUBS IS MISSING 03:40

The Kontours are a great young band with a lot of potential. If memory serves me well, they are quite raw with a really good post-rock vibe.

Russian Gun Dogs well that's my band so I'm a little bias but we were recently described in a review as "Joy Division with the Joy" which I took as a compliment. Big choruses and catchy verses. We are dark-wave indie and like to write anthems!!

Symphony State are amazing. Fact. Amongst the best songwriters around. With Rig they've got one of the cleverest guy behing keys and a laptop I've ever seen. Really melodic too!!

The Fallows Folky folky pop songs with an awesome drummer. Think Mumford and Sons with less Irish and more bollocks!!

Kristy Gallagher If you haven't heard of her... where have you been? Amazing songwriter, amazing voice.

Johnny Concrete This fella and his ace band are the most original thing to have come out of Coventry in years. This really is the sound of the city. Fusing distinctly english hip hop with indie rock and a distinctly Coventrian sense of humour.

Lipshock The guitarist is mad for the City. This is catchy rock at its sleaziest. One for those whose hair can't remember life without hairspray

6 Out Of 10 Really good indie pop - maybe for fans of Travis?

Voodoo Kings - Cov Punk royalty from the boys who were there in the 80's. The Voodoo Kings are real Rockabilly with a stand up bass and a stand up contribution to this comp.

Only Shadows Really innovative song writing. A band with much promise. They really are an exciting bunch of lads

The Broken Rebels are top notch lad rock. Each member of this band is an awesome musician. The drummer is amazing and the singer has more charisma than Charisma Carpenter... the only band on this comp to come with a warning label. They're just mental!!

All in all, this idea makes perfect sense. I've gotten around the country a bit and in pop-culture we're famous for two things - Football and Music. Buy this compilation as you will be supporting both by doing so. Well done to all involved and well done to Coventry for being able to produce a 25 track CD and still have the luxery to be able to produce a second equally as high quality and diverse with 25 different acts.

TurkeyTrot

Nice review Mr Stanley sir :)
Kristy Gallacher is absolutely fantastic. Couldn't believe I'd not heard her before this.
I think you guys are awesome, but you know that already
Scotty from the Broken Rebels is as mad as a bucket of frogs, his acoustic of "love" on YouTube is brilliant too.
Danny Ansell is another good singer, he's a new album out in a couple of weeks. If any of you get to see him ask him to do "that's entertainment"
Sixtyfours "rule the world" is up their with the best on the album.
Sonrisa were a bit of a surprise, never expected music like that coming out of Coventry. Feel like putting on my mankini, sunglasses and flip flops every time I listen to them.
Something for everyone on the album and totally ashamed to say I wasn't aware of the talent we have in our City but I'm gonna make up for lost time and get out and see as many of these guys as I can.
It's going to be on iTunes in a couple of weeks but we cant fix the price so we think it'll be £10.99 there,
It's £5 minimum donation from bandcamp

http://sentfromcoventrytoo.bandcamp.com/album/sent-from-coventry-too

You won't be disappointed!

torchomatic

Willy, your stuff is excellent. Reminds me of the Wild Boys from Cov if anyone remembers them from the early 80's.

The guitarist from Lipshock truly is mad for the city... Shame about his terrible name on this forum!

But yeah, buy it and support your local scene, loads of great bands on there! There should be a kick off gig for the record though, i hear the Ricoh's available... :p

fernandopartridge

Hi all.

I just thought Id advocate for the brilliant new album the Sky Blue Trust have put together. I haven't heard all the songs or all the bands but the ones I have heard are absolutely awesome (especially my band :guitar2:). Here's a track list and I'll try to write a bit about the bands I've heard on there!!

1.THE KONTOURS - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? 03:55 info
2.RUSSIAN GUN DOGS - DRESDEN 02:35 info
3.SYMPHONY STATE - SCANDAL 04:54 info
4.THE FALLOWS - CAST THE FIRST STONE 03:52 info
5.HOUSE OF ROSSLYN - ONE DAY 04:24 info
6.DANNY ANSELL - MY FRIEND INSOMNIA 03:11 info
7.FLYGONE - WE HOLD TOGETHER 04:01 info
8.DAN-W, JODIE LEE & MOUSIE - CRAZY GAMES 03:06 info
9.KRISTY GALLACHER - QUICKSAND 03:32 info
10.THE LOADED - INTO THE MIRROR 04:46 info
11.CALLUM PICKARD - TRADING HEARTS 04:20 info
12.SECTION C - BEDOUIN SISTER 04:58 info
13.JONNY CONCRETE - WTF (Live) 04:38 info
14.LIPSHOCK - AIM TO PLEASE (SHOOT TO KILL) 03:41 info
15.SIX OUT OF TEN - SKY BLUE ATTACK 03:10 lyrics
16.LAST TRAIN HOME - WEDNESDAY MORNING 04:04 info
17.AFROJOSH - RONNY 03:10 info
18.CROKODILE TEARS featuring TWO GIRAFFES - EGG 'N' CHIPS 02:25 info
19.VOODOO KINGS - AUDIE MURPHY 03:24 info
20.GEMMA LEANNE - WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING 03:15 info
21.ONLY SHADOWS - BE STILL 03:45 info
22.SONRISA - DANCE WITH ME 03:36 info
23.THE BROKEN REBELS - LOVE 05:04 info
24.SIXTYFOURS - RULE THE WORLD 03:07 info
25.DAVID GOODY - ONE OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUBS IS MISSING 03:40

The Kontours are a great young band with a lot of potential. If memory serves me well, they are quite raw with a really good post-rock vibe.

Russian Gun Dogs well that's my band so I'm a little bias but we were recently described in a review as "Joy Division with the Joy" which I took as a compliment. Big choruses and catchy verses. We are dark-wave indie and like to write anthems!!

Symphony State are amazing. Fact. Amongst the best songwriters around. With Rig they've got one of the cleverest guy behing keys and a laptop I've ever seen. Really melodic too!!

The Fallows Folky folky pop songs with an awesome drummer. Think Mumford and Sons with less Irish and more bollocks!!

Kristy Gallagher If you haven't heard of her... where have you been? Amazing songwriter, amazing voice.

Johnny Concrete This fella and his ace band are the most original thing to have come out of Coventry in years. This really is the sound of the city. Fusing distinctly english hip hop with indie rock and a distinctly Coventrian sense of humour.

Lipshock The guitarist is mad for the City. This is catchy rock at its sleaziest. One for those whose hair can't remember life without hairspray

Voodoo Kings - Cov Punk royalty from the boys who were there in the 80's. The Voodoo Kings are real Rockabilly with a stand up bass and a stand up contribution to this comp.

Only Shadows Really innovative song writing. A band with much promise. They really are an exciting bunch of lads

The Broken Rebels are top notch lad rock. Each member of this band is an awesome musician. The drummer is amazing and the singer has more charisma than Charisma Carpenter... the only band on this comp to come with a warning label. They're just mental!!

All in all, this idea makes perfect sense. I've gotten around the country a bit and in pop-culture we're famous for two things - Football and Music. Buy this compilation as you will be supporting both by doing so. Well done to all involved and well done to Coventry for being able to produce a 25 track CD and still have the luxery to be able to produce a second equally as high quality and diverse with 25 different acts.

I know Scott of the Broken Rebels, nice lad.

thaiskyblue

Hi all.

1.THE KONTOURS - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? 03:55 info
2.RUSSIAN GUN DOGS - DRESDEN 02:35 info
3.SYMPHONY STATE - SCANDAL 04:54 info
4.THE FALLOWS - CAST THE FIRST STONE 03:52 info
5.HOUSE OF ROSSLYN - ONE DAY 04:24 info
6.DANNY ANSELL - MY FRIEND INSOMNIA 03:11 info
7.FLYGONE - WE HOLD TOGETHER 04:01 info
8.DAN-W, JODIE LEE & MOUSIE - CRAZY GAMES 03:06 info
9.KRISTY GALLACHER - QUICKSAND 03:32 info
10.THE LOADED - INTO THE MIRROR 04:46 info
11.CALLUM PICKARD - TRADING HEARTS 04:20 info
12.SECTION C - BEDOUIN SISTER 04:58 info
13.JONNY CONCRETE - WTF (Live) 04:38 info
14.LIPSHOCK - AIM TO PLEASE (SHOOT TO KILL) 03:41 info
15.SIX OUT OF TEN - SKY BLUE ATTACK 03:10 lyrics
16.LAST TRAIN HOME - WEDNESDAY MORNING 04:04 info
17.AFROJOSH - RONNY 03:10 info
18.CROKODILE TEARS featuring TWO GIRAFFES - EGG 'N' CHIPS 02:25 info
19.VOODOO KINGS - AUDIE MURPHY 03:24 info
20.GEMMA LEANNE - WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING 03:15 info
21.ONLY SHADOWS - BE STILL 03:45 info
22.SONRISA - DANCE WITH ME 03:36 info
23.THE BROKEN REBELS - LOVE 05:04 info
24.SIXTYFOURS - RULE THE WORLD 03:07 info
25.DAVID GOODY - ONE OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUBS IS MISSING 03:40

well done giving a show case to local talent, i've seen the fallows on a few occassions very good.

WillieStanley

[video=youtube_share;nPSbOPmpdvA]http://youtu.be/nPSbOPmpdvA[/video]

Here's the promo we did for our Single BTW

letsallsingtogether

Sounds good to me mate. Shame some won't download it due to political reasons money going to a good cause too..........
Keep up the hard work.:)

Let us know what you think, convince some of the doubters on here how good it is :)

letsallsingtogether

It has had a good write up in the telegraph today hopefully help it sell a few more.:)

WillieStanley

Sounds good to me mate. Shame some won't download it due to political reasons money going to a good cause too..........
Keep up the hard work.:)

Well, if the issue is with the Trust, money is also going to Zoe's Place which you can't disagree with, plus it supports Coventry's vibrant music scene.

If you have a Spotify account, it's available on there too. You can listen to it for free and there's a cut of money for the charities too.

LastGarrison

Little Danny is a good mate of mine and I was always chilling in his bedroom smoking draw (I know, don't) when him, Stig and Yeti (previously Fineline) learnt to play the guitar.

All heavily influenced by OCS, Oasis, The Verve etc. and have watched him all over. Shame him and his family are such big United fans!!!!

Great idea for a great cause and I will definitely be buying it.

TurkeyTrot

Little Danny is a good mate of mine and I was always chilling in his bedroom smoking draw (I know, don't) when him, Stig and Yeti (previously Fineline) learnt to play the guitar.

All heavily influenced by OCS, Oasis, The Verve etc. and have watched him all over. Shame him and his family are such big United fans!!!!

Great idea for a great cause and I will definitely be buying it.

Do you know Kel?

letsallsingtogether

Yes there are people who have issues with the trust.

I am not one of them, and believe they do a damn good job...

Long live the Trust

long live CCFC

quick death for SISU

QUOTE=WillieStanley;586191]Well, if the issue is with the Trust, money is also going to Zoe's Place which you can't disagree with, plus it supports Coventry's vibrant music scene.

If you have a Spotify account, it's available on there too. You can listen to it for free and there's a cut of money for the charities too.[/QUOTE]

LastGarrison

Yeah I do mate.

Spent many a late hour round his house watching boxing DVD's till stupid o'clock!

Top, top lad is Kel and on the sesh one of the funniest chaps to have around.

TurkeyTrot

Yeah I do mate.

Spent many a late hour round his house watching boxing DVD's till stupid o'clock!

Top, top lad is Kel and on the sesh one of the funniest chaps to have around.
Not that funny when you've had to put up with him for 40 f kin years! He's my "little brother"

LastGarrison

Ha ha small world!

I have a lot of time for your brother mate and I'll always owe him for getting hold off the Hatton/Tsyzu tickets!!

I also had the pleasure of meeting your Mum and your Dad on a few occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread