Set pieces (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

I can take losing but when we can’t even beat the first man every fucking free kick and our corners aimlessly drifted into the box with the ‘train’ the only movement we have.

Fuck me they’re professional footballers who kick a ball for a living and can’t even deliver it with accuracy.

So shit delivery, shit set piece movement and creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walsgrave

We don't have the height at both ends. Vik, Waghorn, and Godden (all injured/tired), Hyam and McFadzean are our only physical players - the rest are quicky and nimble which works fine against lower half opposition as a general rule when we can play it out from the back, but when it comes to taking chances it is not good enough.

Terry_dactyl

I can take losing but when we can’t even beat the first man every fucking free kick and our corners aimlessly drifted into the box with the ‘train’ the only movement we have.

Fuck me they’re professional footballers who kick a ball for a living and can’t even deliver it with accuracy.

So shit delivery, shit set piece movement and creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I more or less said the same about Rose’s fuck up. Letting a ball go over your head as a defender is awful.

But yeah, it was really frustrating watching our crossing/set pieces today. The thing that frustrates me most is Kane clearly can whip in a cross…try that every time!!

junglej13

Hamers inswinger is a fantastic delivery but we don't use it. The Todd Kane outswinger to the pen spot is rivalling the Shipley drifted ball to the far back corner of the penalty area we had to ensure for about four seasons for the least threatening delivery in football. I genuinely can only recall Maatsen putting one decent delivery on all season as well.

shmmeee

Kane was shite tonight. No pace, no vision, positional nouse awful, delivery non-existent.

Another one I don’t think has recovered from his injury properly. The only ones who have have been JCS and Maatsen who went back to Chelsea. Everyone else has looked half a yard or more off when they’ve come back. Either it’s the fancy doctors an oligarch buys you or they didn’t let them back until they were 100%.

Terry Gibson's perm

Sometimes when we get a free kick near the half way line it would be nice to see it put into the oppositions box and see what happens, we tend to do a few short passes and it ends up with our keeper.

Sbarcher

It’s our lack of ideas at throw ins that pisses me off. No idea where to stand or run into space with the inevitable ball (often at chest height) back to the thrower.
Also win a free kick in the opposition half and instead of getting the big men forward it’s a short pass sideways or backwards.
oops just seen TGs perm blowing in the wind.

Users who are viewing this thread