Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

Sheaf or Gyökeres MOTM. Both excellent. Missed both massively when taken off.
Don't forget Fadz.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Part of that was having to take hamer off. To then swap Sheaf as well was a bit odd.
Not convinced we had to take hamer off, he’d not done anything second half to suggest he was about to get sent off had he? And Sheaf was totally weird.
Happy with a point tbf, but they had more chances after our changes than they had all game.

I get that Robins was trying to win, and for that should be applauded because he gets stick for the opposite often enough. Not sure if the squad limits the changes to some degree? They just felt like odd changes. Gyokeres was playing well, as were Sheaf and Hamer. And after they went off our shape changed and sheff got back into it.

I’m sure it’s all part of Robins’ education, he’s still learning like everyone. Maybe he’ll try something different next time we are looking to kill a game off.

Liquid Gold

If Gyo isn't 100% then he's not going to be until next year unless we rest him.

We need Waghorn back to do that as Walker and Godden don't work together.

Reactions: AOM

Colin Steins Smile

On this occasion MR tried to win the game by putting two up front, but we lost control of the midfield. Last season MR got a lot of criticism last season for playing one up front. It’ll be interesting to hear his assessment of the game….hes usually pretty honest, which is refreshing.

I hope the sheaf critics on here , reflect on their view of him. He had a great game and thank goodness weve got Moore in goal!

Finham

Overall the defence was really solid. Its obvious in January we have to recruit a bit more of attacking talent. Walker Im starting to think needs a loan out, and we have no back up to O'hare
We have plenty of strikers-Walker has been great, he has a fantastic goal record for his minutes this season and presses more than his used to. His movement is really good and he's a goal threat.

CCFCBat

Just Kelly for Hamer, then possibly Godden for Gyokeres in the last 10 mins. I wouldn't have gone 2 up top given we were in total control of the midfield with the box.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On top but didn’t look like scoring, Robins had to try something different, it didn’t work, he has to make those decisions. But leaving your in form striker on the bench with 10 mins is a bit late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBT

Gyokeres needs a rest. Showed what he’s capable of today, but he’s not quite what he was, and if we have to haul him off after an hour anyway, it might be better to rest him for a game (or two) to get him up to full fitness.

Hobo

Are you mad, he’s had a great game

Vulnerable a few times where United players got ball due to lack of pace. McGoldrick started getting in behind him and missed two great chances.

But as I said last few minutes earned a wage with two fantastic blocks.

clint van damme

That’s the second time Robins has brought Godden and Walker on together, it just doesn’t work.

The problem we have is if Vik came off because of this ankle problem them we can't stay with one up top if it's Walker or Godden.
If it was purely tactical then it just didn't make sense.

Danceswithhorses

Decent point...dullish game.
Shef Utd are going nowhere this year with that awful style of play.
3 points at home and 1 point away, if we can keep achieving that, would be good playoff form

CCFCBat

That’s the second time Robins has brought Godden and Walker on together, it just doesn’t work.

I agree if it was the 10th time he’d bought them on and it didn’t work then yes don’t do it again. But only twice, give it time

Brighton Sky Blue

In hindsight yeah, but he obviously felt we had a level of control that was worth chucking the two strikers on and trying to win the game. The sort of decision that could and invariably go either way.

Hindsight management is easy and I think you are going a bit ott.

Hardly, I’m not angry or pissed off, just said he’s made a big mistake there with the changes. I wasn’t pushing for that change before it happened either.

higgs

If vik could have given us another 20 mins up front with Godden could of won us that game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

On top but didn’t look like scoring, Robins had to try something different, it didn’t work, he has to make those decisions. But leaving your in form striker on the bench with 10 mins is a bit late

We had 1 shot in 30 mins rafter he brought 2 strikers on and that was goddens first touch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

The problem we have is if Vik came off because of this ankle problem them we can't stay with one up top if it's Walker or Godden.
If it was purely tactical then it just didn't make sense.
I think he was just rolling the dice trying to win it when we were on the up but obviously misjudged the importance of the strength of Gyokeres in the game.

CCFCBat

Vulnerable a few times where United players got ball due to lack of pace. McGoldrick started getting in behind him and missed two great chances.

But as I said last few minutes earned a wage with two fantastic blocks.

Sky gave him Man of the Match

Finham

He'd given the ball away a couple of times in quick succession around our box, hadn't he? I wondered if that affected Robins' thinking
He had, one led to a good Sheff U chance. And with Gus, he had a knock a few weeks ago didn't he as well so possibly not 100%?

Terry_dactyl

It’s small margins but it was a penalty on o hare he drew the foul but there was contact in the box and convert that we’d have won
I’m not convinced it was a penalty but I didn’t understand why it wasn’t our corner? Does a ‘dive’ constitute a free kick?

SkyblueTexan

Their subs worked better than ours. Think part of the reason for our subs was partly to keep the team fresh for Tues and to go for a win in this one. Lucky the gamble didn't backfire. All things considered, a very good point.

Grendel

Gyokeres needs a rest. Showed what he’s capable of today, but he’s not quite what he was, and if we have to haul him off after an hour anyway, it might be better to rest him for a game (or two) to get him up to full fitness.

He was our best player until he went off he showed no sign of injury or tiredness

Users who are viewing this thread