Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (4 Viewers)

Como

A bad day at the office, but at least we still are in it.

It all seemed so slow and we seemed to be working on the basis they would not score.

After all that I thought their GK had a good debut and so did Viktor.

Not a game I will remember.

Paul Anthony

Replay is exactly what we didn't want. Should have had that put to bed anyway, had the chances to do it, inevitably got punished for it.

Grendel

No I don't, I've brought the subject up several times on this forum. So again, fuck off.

He who doth protest too much

Perryccfc

Never felt like we got out of second gear. Lost control with Sheaf and Torp off. Shame as I felt we could and should have put that to bed tonight.

Esoterica

Feel like the 3-5-2 is some shit mind-games from Robins. He was talking about that kind of of stuff in his interview and playing them 3 times in short succession. Over thinking it for me. They are shite and we've got a good squad. Just trust our players are a) better than theirs and b) motivated for tonight for the obvious reasons.
Bet we don't play 3-5-2 in the replay. Absolutely no idea why we've reverted back to that. Only reason that would have justified it is if we needed to play Fadz. Simms and Palmer could have played left and right in the 4-3-3.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not beating their team of kids is not really good enough.

I think Robins got it wrong today. With the formation, changes, and tactics.

The strikers have been really poor for a while and I've pointed out previously that they are kind of getting away with it because we are scoring goals from other areas of the pitch. They have been getting rotated usually though, as each game one is shit so we try the other, and then that one is shit, then we go back to the first one. Cycle repeats. Godden seems to be regressing badly and doesn't really have any right to shush the fans based on the last few months. Simms is really not matching the price tag and I'm still not buying that he's turned the corner.

Hopefully today can be a bit of a wake up call. I'm disappointed for the fans that made the effort to travel.

Tommo1993

Shit result. It honestly would’ve been better to lose. Or win obviously. But you know what I mean. I’ll celebrate when they scrap replays.

Gint11

Shit game. Didn’t leave 2nd gear. Both sets of players didn’t look like they wanted to play. Pitch was gash. Only highlight was Torps finish and player minutes

mrtrench

Another low quality half; by taking off Sheaf and then Palmer we lost all creativity in midfield. Good to see Wright back but without any service he and Simms were effete other than what they could craft themselves.

Thought Torp was really looking the part second half until he too was subbed. Allen had a chance to win it close to curtain but shot straight at their keeper.

I guess this is progress: field a dysfunctional weakened team in the past and we lost.

SkyblueTexan

Their young goalie looks better than Wilson

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

a replay really is the last thing we need.

You know what's going to happen we will get an amazing draw vs a big team and then lose to Wednesday

I think a draw against one of the big teams in the premier league will spur us on to win the replay.

Alkhen

Am I mad to think Simms is a good target man? Absolutely needs to sort his confidence out and shoot but I actually thought his hold up play was good. Something none of our other strikers can do. Stick him in the middle with Tats and O'Hare running off him. Quality the way he held off that defender and laid the ball off perfectly for Allen who wasted it.

gspotgaz

Not beating their team of kids is not really good enough.

I think Robins got it wrong today. With the formation, changes, and tactics.

The strikers have been really poor for a while and I've pointed out previously that they are kind of getting away with it because we are scoring goals from other areas of the pitch. They have been getting rotated usually though, as each game one is shit so we try the other, and then that one is shit, then we go back to the first one. Cycle repeats. Godden seems to be regressing badly and doesn't really have any right to shush the fans based on the last few months. Simms is really not matching the price tag and I'm still not buying that he's turned the corner.

Hopefully today can be a bit of a wake up call. I'm disappointed for the fans that made the effort to travel.
Apart from goalie what kids did they have playing ?

pusbccfc

Lots of idiots on twitter slating the Wednesday fans for the attendance. Will be a lot lower than 14,000 at the CBS I'd imagine

Users who are viewing this thread