Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (1 Viewer)

djr8369

Bet fair had 3 quarters of screen. Hdmi to telly and it was big enough

You prob could set display settings to zoom in but couldn't be arsed
I did zoom in and HDMI to TV but the resolution was low due to it being from a small window.

I was just bemused as to why it can’t be broadcast on ifollow but can be streamed through betting websites and then not full screen. Just seems totally arbitrary.

covcity4life

I did zoom in and HDMI to TV but the resolution was low due to it being from a small window.

I was just bemused as to why it can’t be broadcast on ifollow but can be streamed through betting websites and then not full screen. Just seems totally arbitrary.
It goes full screen on mobile phone. Could try screen mirroring next time

Johnnythespider

Not sure if it was audible on a TV feed but the booing of us taking the knee and of Palmer throughout the game was a disgrace.

They put up one banner at half time, which we applauded. They have a real problem on their hands.
Yes at least a few hundred in the stand to our left booing, I'm guessing that they normally sit in the Kop. I don't normally bother about what's happening to other clubs but I really hope they go down and take the wankers with them.

SBT

Should have won but I can't help feeling that in an effort to save players legs we've ended up having to play another game, it's an inconvenience but I'm sure the team will just get on with it and win the replay.
The decision to play a near-full strength team against Oxford looks even more strange in hindsight.

letsallsingtogether

Wow reading some of the comments on here you would have thought we have just lost 3-0 to a non league side.
That said a non league side would have had a better pitch.
The Ricoh even with the pests playing there was never that bad.

Mucca Mad Boys

The decision to play a near-full strength team against Oxford looks even more strange in hindsight.

The difference is that we had a week to recover from that game and momentum going into the Leicester game was important.

Last night, we’ve had a difficult run of games and MR alluded to that catching up with a number of our players. We’ve got Bristol on Tuesday and Norwich away on Saturday. It’s a tough run.

Thankfully, Wednesday will probably put out a weakened side out again and at home, we’ll blow them away.

Hopefully, we have 1-2 signings to blood in too.

Tommo1993

Wow reading some of the comments on here you would have thought we have just lost 3-0 to a non league side.
That said a non league side would have had a better pitch.
The Ricoh even with the pests playing there was never that bad.

You’re joking and you know you are. The Hillsborough pitch was shite last weekend and a little worse last night. Absolutely nowhere near the worst condition our pitch was in though.

Nuskyblue

hmmm, was a foul but never gonna give them shoulder to shoulder. Ref bottled it and gave a corner but their lad never touched it
The lack of complaint from their defender tells me that he thought he got away with one.

Personally I didn't think it was a pen in real time (thought it was shoulder to shoulder like you), the replay it looked more of a pen, their lad tries to knick the ball away and misses... got away with one

Cally Fedora

I took this as a good result. It’s difficult to go to the same place in a week and get two wins. We’ll get rid of them in the replay and be in the 5th round of the cup and in the play off mix. What’s the problem?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Any chance of a bit of reality?

Try looking at form. Their recent home form is solid. Without the last 2 games we have just played they have beat Cardiff 4-0, Hull 3-1, QPR 2-1, Blackburn 3-1, drew with Leicester 1-1, beat Millwall 4-0 and beat Rotherham 2-0. In the middle of that they lost to Cardiff 1-2. This run takes you to the end of October. So 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat. 20 goals for 6 against. You have to go all the way back to September for their previous defeat at home. So since September they only lost once at home. Puts a bit of perspective in our two results.

Not Man City? How about a bit more reality here as well. Can we compare them to Leicester? Since November at home they have won 5, drawn 2 lost 1. Whereas Man City have won 5 drawn 3 in their last 8 at home. If we took it at 3 points a win 1 for a draw for each game they actually had a better recent home record than Manchester City. Surprised?

The 'child' they had in goal is England U19. They made 6 changes. We made 6 changes.

How about the pitch? Wouldn't surprise me if it's shite on purpose. Stops teams like us playing.

The ref? Made some very dodgy decisions against us including what looked a solid penalty appeal. That's what happens when you're playing away at a hostile ground.

So they had 2 shots on target. Their goal was deflected. And you have a go at our player for not scoring at the end. A player who hasn't played much recently and isn't a striker.

This conversation that we were playing prime Barcelona is odd. Even Leicester that you are now comparing them to is severly wide of the mark. That team are top of the league (we beat them anyway). It's another odd comparison. SWFC have won 6 games all season.

We take our chances and our goalkeeper does his job and we win that easily. There's many games where the opposition are good and coming away with a point is commendable (see Leeds away). This was not one of those games.

Their form might have gotten better, but they're still in the relegation zone, still played a weakened team, and we still beat them the week before without really getting out of third gear. We're still in the hat but anyone taking this draw as an outright success given the circumstances I just don't understand. We should have beaten them.

It seems there's a few people that can't critique this game, the team, or the manager. It makes them nervous for whatever reason. I would say that category is more applicable to needing a reality check. Someone even said I wanted Robins sacked because I said I thought he got it wrong yesterday. Even you are throwing something in about Allen, of to which I said nothing about.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

You’re joking and you know you are. The Hillsborough pitch was shite last weekend and a little worse last night. Absolutely nowhere near the worst condition our pitch was in though.

Not compared to last season, no. However, it would be well up there with previous years when Wasps played there.

It was horrendous. Look at the Godden and Palmer shots. Bobbles all over the place.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

whether you’re bothered by the cup or not, and let’s be honest most if not all would take play offs / promotion over an FA cup win I’d imagine, the one good thing about the draw and bringing them back to the CBS is that the club now has a massive opportunity to make a stand and show support to KP

after what’s happened over the last week, in both games, I’d imagine there will still be some media interest - depending on results in other ties we may even get a TV slot, but even if not we can still, as a club and as fans individually, all show up

HadjiChippo

This is only the league but looks like we tend to concede late in both halves. It's definitely felt more often this season.

View attachment 33673

I don’t have any stats to back this up, but feels like these stats would probably be reflected similarly across most championship teams as a whole. The games just seem to really open up last 20 mins as subs are made/players get tired.

I saw Leicester fans decrying how many late goals they concede too. Think it’s just nature of the league.

EDIT: just out of interest it does seem we’re in the lower half of the table for goals conceded 76+ mins on, but we’re also one of the highest scorers for that period too(joint second behind Leicester). Seems most clubs are in the 8-12 goals conceded range (including us), and it is the highest scoring period of championship matches by quite a margin. Our numbers are quite consistent with the Leicesters, Southamptons, Ipswich’s which is positive.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

MalcSB

I thought it was me - spent most of the first half faffing around trying anything and everything to make the screen bigger !
I somehow got it full screen on a laptop for the second half, which I then HDMI'd to a TV. It was OK, about the picture quality of the ITV4 (nonHD) EFL highlights.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Choosing to see the positive that it's an opportunity to get more minutes for players that need it. If we put out a similar team to last night, preferably not in that honking formation, at home then its more than enough to get past these.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Just remembered, shout out to the guy who was marching round the upper tier yelling at people towards the end of the game, frothing at the mouth and a bright shade of red.

"MAKE SOME NOISE....COME ON......SING YOU CUNTS.....DON'T JUST STAND THERE....FUCKING SING" 😂

Users who are viewing this thread