Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (4 Viewers)

Jarvo87

Assuming all fit and healthy reckon same starting XI as last week, so Palmer stays in, Godden up top. Personally I’d probably prefer Simms over MG but don’t think MR will see it that way. Tough conditions/pitch so hope we are up for the battle. If we are then I say we’ll take by the odd goal.

Brylowes

It isn't down to fitness.

Robins stated that he needs to learn his defensive role or words to that effect. That will be mainly done on the training ground. Can't see him playing for several weeks at least.
Definitely won’t figure until Robins is completely happy he’ll operate well in whatever formation we happen to be playing.

NortonSkyBlue

It isn't down to fitness.

Robins stated that he needs to learn his defensive role or words to that effect. That will be mainly done on the training ground. Can't see him playing for several weeks at least.
Robins said he was fine with the ball but needed to learn what was required out of possession so you are probably right in saying it will be a while before he is considered.

fernandopartridge

My guess is we start the same as we did against Leicester with Torp potentially on the bench.
Don’t underestimate the opposition. They were a tough cookie to crack when we played them on Boxing Day. They have improved a lot under the new management. We will need to perform well to get the three points
In the first half against them we were far superior and should really have been more ruthless, they were better second half

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

I’d start Simms today. Never confident when we’re away but our record vs promoted clubs is very good, let’s go for a 2–1 City win.

Old Warwickshire lad

I’d probably pick the following for the Wednesday game:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles/Torp, Sheaf, Palmer
Sakamoto, Simms, O’Hare

I just think Simms offers more than Godden, not much between them tbh, neither have been scoring much recently in the Championship but I think Simms’ pace and strength is probably more useful than what Godden has to offer.
How can you pick Torp? Been here 5 minutes, not fit and Eccles playing well.

Diogenes

Very dodgy game to predict.

Didn't we come up against them shortly after we went down, they were adrift at the bottom couldn't win a game, did us 2-1 and we ended up going on a ridiculous run of something like 1 win in 25 games?

Brylowes

Very dodgy game to predict.

Didn't we come up against them shortly after we went down, they were adrift at the bottom couldn't win a game, did us 2-1 and we ended up going on a ridiculous run of something like 1 win in 25 games?
Shhhh 😳 ffs

stevefloyd

This one has banana skin written all over it to be honest. We always struggle more against the teams lower down the league who try to shut us out. They've also been on a reasonable run recently. Nervous about this one.
So were Fester 😉

Users who are viewing this thread