Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (2 Viewers)

wingy

agree with this 👍🏼 I also think clubs should be punished harsher for things like this - having a ten point deduction for example, and ensuring they are relegated in this case, will make far more of an example of these pricks than a slap on the wrist and a stadium ban
You may have a point, which is worse racism or fans dangling banners,no question from me but the authorities?
Point deductions would be an extreme sanction?

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying which is throw the book at the morons but let's not suggest the whole club are racist and let's not add heat to a game next weekend that doesn't need it. We should be angry at racism you are absolutely right but why be angry and non racist Shef Wed fans.

Yes, I agree with you - the whole club isn’t fundamentally racist, and hopefully the way they respond to this will show that, and there are a huge majority of Wednesday fans who are equally as appalled at this, again agreed.

I think there will be heat next Friday in any event, particularly as there was a bit of needle at the CBS a few weeks ago, and again today, plus it’s a cup game and a Friday night - but I would disagree with you about adding extra heat if you mean let’s try and forget about what happened because we’re playing them again, a) hopefully our players will be up for it anyway but will be even more fired up for the win now (I can see KP rested however off the back of this), and b) this should remain in / under the spotlight regardless of next week’s game, and if our fans (or indeed theirs) are angry they are well within their rights to show that - sensibly and within the law obviously!

mrtrench

I’d like to call back to this. Was going to say it wouldn’t surprise me if it was racist stuff but bottled it as I’d have got jumped on on here

You're a fine looking fella, but I like to think most of us would buy you dinner first.

Happy_Martian

interesting

Just posted those messages to a SW fan who claims he was sat in the corner of the Kop and didn't see or hear it and have just got this back. Incredible 🤦‍♂️

1705780644979.png

Frostie

What did Palmer get his yellow card for? Was it for defending himself against the racism?
No, delaying the restart (timewasting) a good few minutes before. Walked off with the ball to slow down us taking a throw in.

I also think the officials need to be stricter with racism in games in general. Stop the game remove the players until the racists are removed from the ground.

Had it not been in stoppage time I think that would be a possibility.

skyblu3sk

Yes, I agree with you - the whole club isn’t fundamentally racist, and hopefully the way they respond to this will show that, and there are a huge majority of Wednesday fans who are equally as appalled at this, again agreed.

I think there will be heat next Friday in any event, particularly as there was a bit of needle at the CBS a few weeks ago, and again today, plus it’s a cup game and a Friday night - but I would disagree with you about adding extra heat if you mean let’s try and forget about what happened because we’re playing them again, a) hopefully our players will be up for it anyway but will be even more fired up for the win now (I can see KP rested however off the back of this), and b) this should remain in / under the spotlight regardless of next week’s game, and if our fans (or indeed theirs) are angry they are well within their rights to show that - sensibly and within the law obviously!
My worry is people go past the law and get themselves in trouble or some poor Shef Wednesday fan gets a beating they don't deserve and from a player perspective we end up getting a red card or two. It's ok to be angry and we should be but I'd call for us to let the authorities hand out any punishment.

Last edited:

Ashdown

What did Palmer get his yellow card for? Was it for defending himself against the racism?

I also think the officials need to be stricter with racism in games in general. Stop the game remove the players until the racists are removed from the ground.
Really, can you imagine trying to actually do that, every time some moron allegedly causes some major offence . It would be a farce . The police and stewards should stop scratching their arses and keep a closer eye on things .

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

My worry so people go past the law and get themselves in trouble or some poor Shef Wednesday fan gets a beating they don't deserve and from a player perspective we end up getting a red card or two. It's ok to be angry and we should be but I'd call for us to let the authorities hand out any punishment.

sensible, completely agree although we also have some braindead fans so there is a potential for this to happen

I think needle in the game will make it interesting, and hopefully MR and AV will ensure the players use it in the right way 🤞🏼

Happy_Martian

I do wonder what would have happened if Kasey had walked off in our match. Really disgusting day for the game today.

If the officials were told and the team followed him off, the ref would have no choice but to act and probably abandon the game. Seen other clubs do it.

ptr

I do wonder what would have happened if Kasey had walked off in our match. Really disgusting day for the game today.

What’s even more daft, is the fact that they have a number of black players on their team. Just like Sheffield Wednesday do.

The stupidity of some people in this world is beyond belief.

Happy_Martian

Just found a vlog on YT from a West Ham fan sat at the front of the Kop

Can see Kasey reporting to the ref in the second half and his reaction to the Wednesdayites after our second.

And timestamp for the incident at the end of the game. Can see the players reactions very clearly.

Darth Robins

Just found a vlog on YT from a West Ham fan sat at the front of the Kop

Can see Kasey reporting to the ref in the second half and his reaction to the Wednesdayites after our second.

And timestamp for the incident at the end of the game. Can see the players reactions very clearly.

Just listen to their crowd after our second, One or Two idiots my arse.

Did he call him a shithouse black c**t at one point?

Greggs

Fucking steaming, just cracked a bottle of red and order loads of chicken!! What a day! Shhhheeeeeaaaaaafffffff

Martin180

A cracking live act on in the local boozer

@Martin180 did say to give my head a wobble
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

ps1948

Great result.
What’s good is that we’ve reached a playoff position with a team that still has plenty of room for improvement.
The most obvious being at some point soon we really need the strike force to start scoring more.
We have scored 12 more goals so far this season than at the same point last season, where we relied mainly on Gyokores scoring. If the strikers did start scoring that would be brilliant, but the fact that the goals are coming from throughout the team should be seen as a massive positive for us.

Users who are viewing this thread