Shin Pads (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

So the Tudgay/Stokes thread picture got me wondering about shin pads. When you played/play do you go for the 'Stokes' surfboard down your sock or 'Tudgay's' postage stamps?

fx9clj.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Always the sock type with the ankle guard, it was fashion to have them outside the sock too ;)

Esoterica

Always the sock type with the ankle guard, it was fashion to have them outside the sock too ;)

The fashion where? In your bedroom in front of the mirror? There's 2 things that make me want to crunch someone during a match. Those little tuck in shin pads and alice bands. I'm afraid poor Maddison wouldn't have a hope against me...if i could ever catch him of course! That said, shin pads outside the sock would come a close third!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We were tough in my day! Shin pads were for nancy-boys! Take a knock and carry on!

B-Ban-Boogie

Still playing at 42 and have always worn the ones that are big and padded and also cover your ankle (with the little discs that cover the ankle joint at the sides).
The lads are forever taking the piss out of me about wearing body armour and have even left plastic swords and shields in the changing rooms for me. :claping hands:
I'm old school though and get proper stuck in, which is classed as serious foul play in the Florida leagues, but needless to say i have the last laugh when they are all injured!! :D

hutch1972

So the Tudgay/Stokes thread picture got me wondering about shin pads. When you played/play do you go for the 'Stokes' surfboard down your sock or 'Tudgay's' postage stamps?

fx9clj.jpg

Hard to think that they were only made compulsory around 1989.

Gint11

Never understood the size of pads like the ones Tudgay is wearing, they don't protect shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread