Shocked / advise (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I didn't thanks. Was a play on words from the kinks version, guess he got there before me. Tbh don't know much about his material but love A new England both his and Kirsty McColl versions.

Well, in case you're interested, its from "Accident waiting to happen" A single from, what was IMHO, his last great album "don't try this at home".....

fatso

As unsavoury as it may seem, people are allowed different opinions and beliefs. I'm politically a centrist, and find both the far right and the far left have some distasteful ideals, but I'm happy to allow them to have their voice. The world would be incredibly dull and santised without a wide range of views for people to discuss and challenge and, yes, believe. That's the (thoertical) beauty of a democracy - the view of the majority is what matters, and that can be shaped by challenging conversations by those at the edges.

With that political broadcast out of the way, I'd probably start by asking her why she went.
Everyone thinks they are a centrist, you can't really define yourself, it's how you are perceived by others that defines your political persuasion, and even then, that's only by their beliefs.

Also, it's very good and magnanimous of you to allow others to have a voice, thank you so much for that.

Sky Blue Pete

Everyone thinks they are a centrist, you can't really define yourself, it's how you are perceived by others that defines your political persuasion, and even then, that's only by their beliefs.

Also, it's very good and magnanimous of you to allow others to have a voice, thank you so much for that.
That’s an interesting argument

shmmeee

Im told by people on the right I’m a raging communist and people on the left I’m a Tory. What does that make me?

rob9872

Somewhere between c**t and normal I'd guess 👍🤣

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Classic downplay and deflection from ADM.
She's 78. This whole thread isreally unnecessary . Absolutely thousands of not millions of long retired pensioners have this view . It's nothing new at all. When you are at that age your views will be seen as outdated and inappropriate. . It's not a deflection at all. It's life .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well if she's become a dedicated follower of Tommy Robinson then yes, she is just a little bit racist...
Has she though ? You know that as fact ?

Nick

Administrator
"LOVE THAT THE COUNTRY IS FREE TO HAVE OPINIONS"
"I DONT AGREE WITH HER, DISOWN HER, RACIST FACIST"

To be fair, there's no context to it without sitting her down and having a conversation with her like a grown up. Maybe listen to her, she can listen to you.

She might well be full on Hitler, she might just be a bit peeved at certain things and thought going would help. You never know.

NorthernWisdom

Again, there's no context to it.
A context to popping to a Tommy Robinson rally? A context to this?

her mind set is still I believe the big black man will get you .
A context to this?
So this is what we learnt from last night …

The mother in law and 7 of her friends all about the same age ( mid 70s ) have been fully paid up members of Britain First. They meet once a week in a local pub to discuss politics and put the world to right .
They make weekends of going to Tommy Robinson rallies or other far right gatherings. She and her friends don’t hide the fact that they don’t like foreigners or people of colour. They should all go to where they came from. She is not for re-educating . Her indoors like me could not believe what she was coming out with. Unfortunately she moved from Marbella and bought the house next door to us and we see her every day . We just never knew what this woman got up to !!!
she will be shocked next week when my mate comes around for a drink .

Why are you making excuses? Going to a Tommy Robinson rally as described *is* a little bit racist, that is undeniable. If she isn't of sound mind then it becomes explainable and how to deal with her changes, but she is still being racist! ADM and you seem to be determined to argue when the previous posts had indeed suggested talking to her etc. Millions of pensioners are *not* paid up members of Britain First, ADM is at best being, indeed, a contrary prick. Being a member of Britain First and popping to Tommy Robinson rallies is *not* the act of millions of long retired pensioners - my family doesn't!

So why are you arguing? Why is ADM seeking to deflect? What purpose does it serve? Is it uncomfortable just to say flat out what she is doing is racist?

Because it is.

Why defend that? You're the first to mock when people try understanding the motivation for crimes, but even then nobody denies the crimes are horrible. It's the same here, the acts are racist, the motivation is something else, but that does *not* mean that millions of pensioners are doing the same!

So why jump in to try and back up ADM? Is it uncomfortable? Why jump in for that but leave the sweeping generalisations, the 'what if a white man...?' etc up on this board? Why does nobody respond for *weeks* when keiran is racist, and you don't challege *him*.

Why?

The question is not whether this is normal behaviour or not, it isn't. The question is not whether she is behaving in a racist way or not, she is. The question is how to deal with it.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

A context to this?

Why are you making excuses? Going to a Tommy Robinson rally as described *is* a little bit racist, that is undeniable. If she isn't of sound mind then it becomes explainable and how to deal with her changes, but she is still being racist! ADM and you seem to be determined to argue when the previous posts had indeed suggested talking to her etc. Millions of pensioners are *not* paid up members of Britain First, ADM is at best being, indeed, a contrary prick. Being a member of Britain First and popping to Tommy Robinson rallies is *not* the act of millions of long retired pensioners - my family doesn't!

So why are you arguing? Why is ADM seeking to deflect? What purpose does it serve? Is it uncomfortable just to say flat out what she is doing is racist?

Because it is.

Why defend that? You're the first to mock when people try understanding the motivation for crimes, but even then nobody denies the crimes are horrible. It's the same here, the acts are racist, the motivation is something else, but that does *not* mean that millions of pensioners are doing the same!

So why jump in to try and back up ADM? Is it uncomfortable? Why jump in for that but leave the sweeping generalisations, the 'what if a white man...?' etc up on this board? Why does nobody respond for *weeks* when keiran is racist, and you don't challege *him*.

Why?

The question is not whether this is normal behaviour or not, it isn't. The question is not whether she is behaving in a racist way or not, she is. The question is how to deal with it.
Point out where I defended it or challenged anything?

I've said to try and talk to her, I've said about the context and what her issues are and why. Her views aren't acceptable, it's as simple as that. That's why I was asking more about it.

I also said she may be a full on racist / Hitler at the meetings. She may be brainwashed by stuff on the internet.

You were defending a multiple murderer, I just asked about context about an OAP going to a rally and holding outdated views. (If you read the Tommy Robinson thread you will also see what I think about him and how he preys on people / their fear and manipulates it).

Oh and you reported stuff and it got cleaned up?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

A context to this?

Because it is.

Why?

A typical lecture from an angry soul , Intolerant of anyone who won't condemn anything you disagree with . We're not in possession of all the facts. Not even you .
There's a real irony to this rant which clearly you haven't thought about before smashing your keypad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread