Should wasps buy ccfc? (1 Viewer)

Wasps to own CCFC

• Yes

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

sisu go home

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up, but the company behind Wasps own the stadium, and regardless of what we think of that, there's no getting round it. Wouldn't it make financial sense all round for the company who own Wasps and the Ricoh to buy out Sisu, that way all of the revenue goes to them which will be distributed/pooled with us and Wasps.

We finally get rid of Sisu
Wasps own the stadium, meaning we would own the stadium
Our owners have experience with successful sports teams & fans
Wasps might pick up some more local support

What do you think? We can ask them nicely.

Last edited:

sisu go home

Seriously would you buy CCFC. I would be surprised if Wasps didn't have more sense.
I would if I knew how to run a successful sports outfit like Wasps do. A Division 1 football club with potentially 30000 fans that's going bust and has already been in administration? The buy-in would be reasonably cheap but the potential would be high - especially if Wasps consider the amount of extra revenue they'd get from a packed out Sky Blues every week. That's plain and simply a good business opportunity if done well.

ollyservetta

who in their right mind would buy us ,the only thing we are good for is to be lumberd with debt,we are owned managed and full of players who don't give a flying about ccfc or Coventry as a city

sisu go home

who in their right mind would buy us ,the only thing we are good for is to be lumberd with debt,we are owned managed and full of players who don't give a flying about ccfc or Coventry as a city
Agree with you mate but someone who spots that CCFC could potentially attract 30 000 fans, all paying upwards of £15 each per week, on top of matchday food, drinks, programmes, and merchandise. This club, for what it is and what potential it could have, would come CHEAP for what it is.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up, but the company behind Wasps own the stadium, and regardless of what we think of that, there's no getting round it. Wouldn't it make financial sense all round for the company who own Wasps and the Ricoh to buy out Sisu, that way all of the revenue goes to them which will be distributed/pooled with us and Wasps.

We finally get rid of Sisu
Wasps own the stadium, meaning we would own the stadium
Our owners have experience with successful sports teams & fans
Wasps might pick up some more local support

What do you think? We can ask them nicely.

Be different we could use some of their players could you imagine no complaints about lack of physicality,height etc no playacting and the fights on the pitch wouldn't be handbags,certainly frighten the opposition,however there would be loads of freekicks/penalties for handball:facepalm:

sisu go home

Be different we could use some of their players could you imagine no complaints about lack of physicality,height etc no playacting and the fights on the pitch wouldn't be handbags,certainly frighten the opposition,however there would be loads of freekicks/penalties for handball:facepalm:

Would love to see that! :claping hands:

stupot07

If I was wasps I wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

theferret

Pointless discussion. Wasps are a loss making rugby club that have purchased the Ricoh for the extra revenue streams. CCFC is one of those, and they'll make a tidy sum from us each year. Why would they take on a loss making football club and all the baggage that comes with it? Wasps are not buying CCFC, nobody is. SISU OUT has never looked less likely.

sisu go home

Pointless discussion. Wasps are a loss making rugby club that have purchased the Ricoh for the extra revenue streams. CCFC is one of those, and they'll make a tidy sum from us each year. Why would they take on a loss making football club and all the baggage that comes with it? Wasps are not buying CCFC, nobody is. SISU OUT has never looked less likely.

You have to look at options if anything is ever going to happen. Just sitting there moaning about it and being nihilistic isn't really very healthy and a bit more pointless. Why would Wasps take on a loss making football club? Because it would come cheap and the potential if it was ran right could be immense.

chiefdave

Would it make sense in terms of pure finance? They could try SISU's trick and wait until the club are so distressed they can pick it up for £1 with the debt written off. At that point a minimal investment should see us move back up to the championship and crowds of 15K or more. Its been so long since we've had any success its hard to know how big an impact it would have an attendances.

How much do they generate for themselves as owners of ACL from having say 15K fans up there 20 plus times a season?

rupert_bear

Wasps have big backers which could go as high as Tata, as I see it our only way out of this spiral to oblivion is if a major player gets interested in a poor down and almost out football club. Not saying for one minute they would get involved, just live in hope.

Tonylinc

To me it makes perfect sense for Wasps to purchase CCFC. A full stadium week in week out together with all associated income.

J

Jack Griffin

To me it makes perfect sense for Wasps to purchase CCFC. A full stadium week in week out together with all associated income.

Only provided it didn't come with any debt. Therein lies the big issue, SISU have loaded a ton of debt on the club & they'll resist selling while if they can run it without building up more debt.

We have to wait now till the FL grow some balls.

sisu go home

Only provided it didn't come with any debt. Therein lies the big issue, SISU have loaded a ton of debt on the club & they'll resist selling while if they can run it without building up more debt.

We have to wait now till the FL grow some balls.

CCFC's existing debt is a mere fart in the wind when you consider the revenue a successfully run Coventry City football club alongside a popular Premiership rugby club might bring in collectively, especially when you already have ownership of the stadium as a financial prop. This could take us back to the original plan when we left beloved Highfield - it was a good idea until it go sold. Sisu out, Wasps in. If it happens by January we'll be back in the Championship by 2016 I absolutely guarantee.

torchomatic

The question is would you, and i'm talking to fans who voted YES want to swap our current rubbish owners for one who has permanently, thats permanently, movedtheteam he owns 85 miles from their current location? Isn't there some kind of hypocrisy here?

skybluetony176

The question is would you, and i'm talking to fans who voted YES want to swap our current rubbish owners for one who has permanently, thats permanently, movedtheteam he owns 85 miles from their current location? Isn't there some kind of hypocrisy here?

It's not like they're going to buy another stadium 85 miles away from Coventry and move us there is it. Now they own a stadium I think their franchising days are over.

stupot07

Is this thread asking wasps to buy us?
Or asking whether Wasps should buy us from a business point of view?
Or is it asking whether we think Wasps will buy us?

torchomatic

The point is he's capable of doing it. Permanently. Our owners tried to play stupid games and turned out to be totally inept. This guy has done it. He's proved he will do what he wants regardless of how it affects the fans. I'm just surprised that those bleating about our owners would wish for someone who seems just as bad if not worse.

It's not like they're going to buy another stadium 85 miles away from Coventry and move us there is it. Now they own a stadium I think their franchising days are over.

italiahorse

After today I don't give a toss.
Sisu liquidate the club and piss off.
I feel we are at the bottom so lets start again.

sisu go home

That's not really the question. Would you swap the current rubbish owners of the club for the owners of a successful sports outfit who own the stadium we play at and have plenty of money behind them to invest in our shitty team and make a tidy profit in the process? Hmmm....

sisu go home

Is this thread asking wasps to buy us?
Or asking whether Wasps should buy us from a business point of view?
Or is it asking whether we think Wasps will buy us?

The second one, possibly leading to the first one. The third one is debatable but it's interesting to see what people think just in case the thought had crossed Wasp's minds.

Ian1779

That's not really the question. Would you swap the current rubbish owners of the club for the owners of a successful sports outfit who own the stadium we play at and have plenty of money behind them to invest in our shitty team and make a tidy profit in the process? Hmmm....

Haven't Wasps made £3m losses a year for the last 3 years or so?

stupot07

do they have plenty of money? they told wasps fans they couldnt afford to keep funding £3m annual losses, and that the club would be wound up if they didnt move to the ricoh.

and how will they make a tidy profit from us?

how much do you think they will invest in the team?

dongonzalos

do they have plenty of money? they told wasps fans they couldnt afford to keep funding £3m annual losses, and that the club would be wound up if they didnt move to the ricoh.

and how will they make a tidy profit from us?

how much do you think they will invest in the team?

Is that because the move makes them money though. Without the move they wouldn't get the money.
Ie people like JLR, naming rights etc

Users who are viewing this thread