SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (5 Viewers)

SBT

Yeah, the type of wingback we put on the field will surely depend on the opposition and the state of play at the time.
I imagine as a default we’ll play with one attacking option matched with a more defensive option on the opposite flank, just to give us a bit of balance. When one of them bombs forward, the other one tucks in to defend etc

PVA

I don't see Robins playing a left footer at RWB.

I think he's been signed to play in the AM role.

mrfr

Super happy to see we have signed Tatsu for a niche reason - I worked at CCFC for a couple of months in the press team when I was in between uni years. It was when Fletcher and Co. were running the place and Iain Dowie was managing.

At the end of the summer I was off to Japan to study there and fletcher had me in his office one day to introduce me to Dowie and Tim Flowers as ‘his man in Japan’ and made me promise to send back info on any promising players I spotted in the J League. I think I recall sending a couple of what could very loosely be described as “scouting reports” but obviously nothing came of it and the barriers to signing someone from the Japanese second tier were pretty high.

Still, it’s nice that all these years later we’ve finally signed a Japanese player, I kind of wish I was still working there so I could do some Japanese language interviews with the new signing. Do we have a Japanese supporters chapter yet? Surely only a matter of time now!

Last edited:

covcity4life

Super happy to see we have signed Tatsu for a niche reason - I worked at CCFC for a couple of months in the press team when I was in between uni years. It was when Fletcher and Co. We’re running the place when Iain Dowie was managing.

At the end of the summer I was off to Japan to study there and fletcher had me in his office one day to introduce me to Dowie and Tim Flowers as ‘his man in Japan’ and made me promise to send back info on any promising players I spotted in the J League. I think I recall sending a couple of what could very loosely be described as “scouting reports” but obviously nothing came of it and the barriers to signing someone from the Japanese second tier were pretty high.

Still, it’s nice that all these years later we’ve finally signed a Japanese player, I kind of wish I was still working there so I could do some Japanese language interviews with the new signing. Do we have a Japanese supporters chapter yet? Surely only a matter of time now!
Hai

Think that's Japanese for yes

Tomh111

I spike to my Japanese colleague this morning - we have made the Japanese press 🤣

"Coventry is one of the powerhouses in EFL, but it couldn't slightly get a ticket to the Premier league. Sakamoto will contribute to boost to Premier as a side attacker"

His view from when he watched him for the national team and a few years ago when he saw him in the J2 League - "Sakamoto is a great player and should become a Samurai blue player opposite Mitoma"

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Now if you want to understand his bows, or bow to him:

"Unlike in western culture, bowing in Japan, known as ojigi, is an important etiquette that is learned from a young age.
Depending on the situation, a bow can be a small nod of the head or a deep bend at the waist. A deep, long bow indicates respect, and a smaller nod is usually less formal.
Bowing in Japan can be used to signify emotions, including appreciation, respect, remorse or gratitude."

Clive Baker.
I'm hoping there's a book on the bowing etiquette and it's called Getting Ojigi Wit' It

Craig Faulconbridge

Users who are viewing this thread