Signing announced! - Liam O'Brien (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
you can discuss and debate. saying things as if they are fact is wrong though.

nick will try to deflect blame from sisu 247, thats why hes after tm and not tf and co.
i am a mowbray fan but wont rule out his part in summer, i simply recognise recruitmnt is flawed from sisu down too, hence the public promise to change it up and now we are seeing rewards already.

If I was trying to deflect blame I wouldn't be saying that if positive things happen this summer it isn't down to them and they would get no praise from me would I?

You are the one arguing with people who are saying this isn't down to SISU that we are getting decent signings early on. Who is deflecting blame?

nick will try to deflect blame from sisu 247, thats why hes after tm and not tf and co.
i am a mowbray fan but wont rule out his part in summer, i simply recognise recruitmnt is flawed from sisu down too, hence the public promise to change it up and now we are seeing rewards already.

I am also a Mowbray fan, and look how well he did with recruitment in his first season ? The tools are there- it's not like SISU have made a huge concerted effort to improve recruitment, all they've done is appoint Tommy Widdrington to do a job that had been done before, just not as well, and appoint Mark Robins to do a job that had done before, just not as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clint van damme

thanks for clarifying, I was a little unsure of your position.

covcity4life

I am also a Mowbray fan, and look how well he did with recruitment in his first season ? The tools are there- it's not like SISU have made a huge concerted effort to improve recruitment, all they've done is appoint Tommy Widdrington to do a job that had been done before, just not as well, and appoint Mark Robins to do a job that had done before, just not as well....

it was still all loans pretty muxh. loans are lottery, some pay off some dont. doesnt really indicate funds are there. perms however...

it was still all loans pretty muxh. loans are lottery, some pay off some dont. doesnt really indicate funds are there. perms however...

These permanents are all frees, which, I'm sure you know, operate in a very similar way to loans... you don't pay for them, you just pay their wages.

And you could even suggest that all of these L1 and L2 players are earning similar if not less than all of the PL academy players who've played for us over the past few season...

covcity4life

If I was trying to deflect blame I wouldn't be saying that if positive things happen this summer it isn't down to them and they would get no praise from me would I?

You are the one arguing with people who are saying this isn't down to SISU that we are getting decent signings early on. Who is deflecting blame?

if i can throw out our favourite line

YOU ARE NOT READING THE POSTS

i have clearly said manager plays a part in failure too. i just also think sisu do too. i will not absolve sisu of all blame and solely blame manager.

covcity4life

These permanents are all frees, which, I'm sure you know, operate in a very similar way to loans... you don't pay for them, you just pay their wages.

And you could even suggest that all of these L1 and L2 players are earning similar if not less than all of the PL academy players who've played for us over the past few season...

when no signing fee you can pay abit more wages to beat off competion. with loan you just pay what they already on or a % of it.

and yes you could suggest it, i just wouldnt state it as fact

Nick

Administrator
if i can throw out our favourite line

YOU ARE NOT READING THE POSTS

i have clearly said manager plays a part in failure too. i just also think sisu do too. i will not absolve sisu of all blame and solely blame manager.

Whereas people are saying if something good happens this season with recruitment it isn't down to sisu which is what you have taken issue with.

People are saying the good things we have seen (so far) aren't down to SISU.

Yet you say others are deflecting from them for some reason. It's almost as if it's just a built in lazy line that people go to when they can't think of a point.

covcity4life

Whereas people are saying if something good happens this season with recruitment it isn't down to sisu which is what you have taken issue with.

People are saying the good things we have seen (so far) aren't down to SISU.

Yet you say others are deflecting from them for some reason. It's almost as if it's just a built in lazy line that people go to when they can't think of a point.

i am saying CHANGE has been made. and its NOT just the manager

so if anything i am saying SISU DESERVE some praise

you are saying NOTHING WAS EVER WRONG WITH SISU

its a perfect example of how bias you are and how i call things down the middle.

Nick

Administrator
i am saying CHANGE has been made. and its NOT just the manager

so if anything i am saying SISU DESERVE some praise

you are saying NOTHING WAS EVER WRONG WITH SISU

its a perfect example of how bias you are and how i call things down the middle.

So I am BIAS now because I am saying nothing that would be happening now that's decent is down to them? How do you work that out?

Yes, Venus has been replaced with Widdrington and Mowbray with Robins.

I have said across multiple threads this isn't SISU throwing money in, it is just a manager with a plan. Sorry if that upsets you and just adds to the fact Mowbray cocked up recruitment (and the fact that he admitted it).

covcity4life

i have already said mowbray contributed to it so how woudl it upset me. remember i am not bias ,thats you.

you are the only one saying sisu have recruitment fine and its simply a case of manager getting ir right or wrong. sisu cannot lose in this situation if you think like that.

you have no comeback to this when its laid out in black and white. stop embarassing yourself.

Nick

Administrator
i have already said mowbray contributed to it so how woudl it upset me. remember i am not bias ,thats you.

you are the only one saying sisu have recruitment fine and its simply a case of manager getting ir right or wrong. sisu cannot lose in this situation if you think like that.

you have no comeback to this when its laid out in black and white. stop embarassing yourself.

I am pretty sure you are embarrassing yourself by trying to say people are deflecting from SISU in a thread by saying that they shouldn't be getting credit for the decent things happening in regards to signings.

There is no sudden U turn where they are going to change their ways. The difference here is just down to a manager having a proper plan of players and Widdrington is no different to what Venus was apparently meant to be doing.

covcity4life

its really quite simple

i blame sisu structuring of recruitment and manager for failure
i praise sisu structing of recruitment and manager for success

you beleive sisu ccfc structure is fine and blame or praise manager solely for success in market.

agree?

have conviction in what you say

We are in danger of starting the season with a decent team. Someone needs to stop this and let us sign a 42 year old on a 3 week deal and get back to being the Cov we all know and love

Nick

Administrator
its really quite simple

i blame sisu structuring of recruitment and manager for failure
i praise sisu structing of recruitment and manager for success

you beleive sisu ccfc structure is fine and blame or praise manager solely for success in market.

agree?

have conviction in what you say

I am saying SISU (Seppalla) will have no idea or give 2 shits about whether it's Venus or Widdrington.

I'm not going to praise them for something so basic, the same as I wouldn't praise them for the academy winning the league. I'd praise the academy staff.

There is plenty of conviction in what I'm saying, this isn't a SISU revolution where everything is rosey. The same as when we got to Wembley they didn't deserve praise.

covcity4life

correct, its no revolution. i simply said sisu publically admit mistakes has been made with recruitment, the old head of recruitment was poor, the scouting network was poor. and tf mentioned budget had changed from top 10 to lower mid table at 2 diff points in same season.

now new HOR is in, more scouts have been hired apparently, players ar ebeing added to database etc and we have a new manager to boot.

so to once again go to my original point, this is all round change paying dividends, not simply having a new manager.

Nick

Administrator
correct, its no revolution. i simply said sisu publically admit mistakes has been made with recruitment, the old head of recruitment was poor, the scouting network was poor. and tf mentioned budget had changed from top 10 to lower mid table at 2 diff points in same season.

now new HOR is in, more scouts have been hired apparently, players ar ebeing added to database etc and we have a new manager to boot.

so to once again go to my original point, this is all round change paying dividends, not simply having a new manager.

SISU haven't admitted anything.

Might just be me but everything seemed to get more positive the moment Robins arrived. Mowbray was also given freedom like this to bring in Venus and look after things.

covcity4life

yes thats why im not absolving mowbray of anything. sisu did say we had top 10 budget in legue 1, it then changed to lower midtable later on in seaosn. also they have publically said recruitment is an issue, he said it at one of the Q&A's directly to fans. not sure what you mean by sisu havnt admitted anything??

Yep, fair enough.

covcity4life

Yep, fair enough.

thank you

nick knows deep down too but he will keep arguing till everyone gets bored of him or someone changes subject. at least torch will like his posts so he can leave with his head held high after yet another forum victory lmao

Users who are viewing this thread