Signings since Pressley joined (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

31 players have arrived since he joined us.....

Manset
Webster
Urquhart
Slager
Seabourne
Marshall
Loza - LOAN
Dangnall - LOAN
Maguire - LOAN
Seabourne - LOAN then Perm
Delfouneso - LOAN
McGeouch - LOAN
Donnelly - LOAN
Petrasso - LOAN
Akpom - LOAN
Robinson - LOAN
Eccleston - LOAN
Prutton - LOAN
Miller
Johnson
Jackson
Tudgay
Pugh
Swanson
O'Brien
Riece Charles-Cook
Allsop - LOAN
Coulibaly - LOAN
McQuiod - LOAN
Hines - LOAN
Nouble - LOAN

ccfc1234

If your suggesting what I think your suggesting - I could not agree more. With about 4 notable exceptions from that list our recruitment has been nothing short of embarrassing. If we did not have such a good group of academy players over the last few seasons we would be seriously struggling.

Rusty Trombone

Get them in to have a look, if they are not good enough ship them out, sounds ok to me. We are not currently a club who can get players in who are guaranteed to be any good.

SkyBlueScottie

No scouts, everything done in a rush to get a few players in before points deductions or embargoes initially. Then last season we were short on body's and had to take a risk on one or two. The good thing is, all the shit of that list have all been kicked out. We are a league one club, we have a decent stadium (play in a decent stadium) which helps to attract some players. Last year when more than 1/2 of those players were signed we did not have the draw of the Ricoh.

Otis

If your suggesting what I think your suggesting - I could not agree more. With about 4 notable exceptions from that list our recruitment has been nothing short of embarrassing. If we did not have such a good group of academy players over the last few seasons we would be seriously struggling.

You look at the list and it makes you realise that instead of being able to bring in 6 or 7 really good players, we have to play the market, take a punt on a few, pick up a few failures from elsewhere that might spring a surprise or two and bring in a few unknown quantities.

Quite a few players there I'm sure none of us had every heard of.

This is what happens when you have a budget like ours.

NorthernWisdom

His record...As of 20 September 2014[SUP][update][/SUP]
TeamNatFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Falkirk 11 February 20108 March 20137002144000000000000144700163000000000000063700135000000000000035700146000000000000046700143750000000000043.75
Coventry City 8 March 2013Present700174000000000000074700126000000000000026700121000000000000021700127000000000000027700135140000000000035.14

That's a helluva win %age!

Otis

His record...As of 20 September 2014[SUP][update][/SUP]
TeamNatFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Falkirk 11 February 20108 March 20137002144000000000000144700163000000000000063700135000000000000035700146000000000000046700143750000000000043.75
Coventry City 8 March 2013Present700174000000000000074700126000000000000026700121000000000000021700127000000000000027700135140000000000035.14

Just how many hundred quadrillion percentage are those win ratios?

Very impressive.

Bob Latchford

Soz mr o ...35%

ccfcway

Ccfcway starting his subtle Pressley out campaign again. You went quiet after the two home wins Mr Fickle.

er......there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago stating that Pressley had signed 31 players and i said that can't be right, lets have a go at seeing who they are. I have mearly posted up the 31 after finally finding out who they were.

Nothing whatsoever to do with "pressley out" which at no point have i suggested. Why do i want Pressley out ? Interesting you read into that List that I want Pressley out and not that i am critising or praising Waggot, which a lot of others have been doing.

Stop with the name calling, when there is no need

Last edited:

ccfc1234

er......there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago stating that Pressley had signed 31 players and i said that can't be right, lets have a go at seeing who they are. I have mearly posted up the 31 after finally finding out who they were.

Nothing whatsoever to do with "pressley out" which at no point have i suggested. Why do i want Pressley out ? Interesting you read into that List that I want Pressley out and not that i am critising or praising Waggot ?

Stop with the name calling, when there is no need

Why when people see the list are they immediately on the defensive and making excuses?

Astute

Ccfcway starting his subtle Pressley out campaign again. You went quiet after the two home wins Mr Fickle.

You can put it any way you want. They are poor signings. And we were warned by a couple of Falkirk fans when he first came to us that his signings are normally not good.

So who would you like to defend this time? SISU because of the vast majority of players at the level we now play at are free or SP because he is only allowed to sign players that are free?

Evo1883

No point bashing ccfcway over this , besides , there was a good few threads last season slating pressleys signings and use of the loan market

Astute

No scouts, everything done in a rush to get a few players in before points deductions or embargoes initially. Then last season we were short on body's and had to take a risk on one or two. The good thing is, all the shit of that list have all been kicked out. We are a league one club, we have a decent stadium (play in a decent stadium) which helps to attract some players. Last year when more than 1/2 of those players were signed we did not have the draw of the Ricoh.

I take it you never listened to certain posters on here that will have told you several times that players would have signed if we were at Northampton as much as at the Ricoh :D

Evo1883

Lets not lie here , players sign for money , not for the stadium .... Im pretty sure man city couldve signed aguero playing at the memorial park on 300k a week

fernandopartridge

You can put it any way you want. They are poor signings. And we were warned by a couple of Falkirk fans when he first came to us that his signings are normally not good.

So who would you like to defend this time? SISU because of the vast majority of players at the level we now play at are free or SP because he is only allowed to sign players that are free?
He's made bad signings which he admitted to himself. The ones he's made this season so far seem to look a lot better. It's got to be accepted that Pressley himself is still learning.

ccfcway

He's made bad signings which he admitted to himself. The ones he's made this season so far seem to look a lot better. It's got to be accepted that Pressley himself is still learning.

so, to carry on my subtle "pressley out" campaign... Which of the below 13 signed this season in your opinion "look a lot better" ?. How many of the 13 we have signed would have got into our team on the 1st day of last season v Crawley

Murphy (GK), Christie, Adams, J Clarke, Willis, Thomas, Wilson, Fleck, Baker (c), Moussa, L Clarke

Miller
Johnson
Jackson
Tudgay
Pugh
Swanson
O'Brien
Riece Charles-Cook
Allsop - LOAN
Coulibaly - LOAN
McQuiod - LOAN
Hines - LOAN
Nouble - LOAN

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

so, to carry on my subtle "pressley out" campaign... Which of the below 13 signed this season in your opinion "look a lot better" ?

Miller
Johnson
Jackson
Tudgay
Pugh
Swanson
O'Brien
Riece Charles-Cook
Allsop - LOAN
Coulibaly - LOAN
McQuiod - LOAN
Hines - LOAN
Nouble - LOAN

tbf, most of those have met with general approval from the majority ;) of this board. You can quote me on Johnson, Tudgay and O'Brien as the three that stood out - Meatloaf would be in heaven with my hit rate so far on them. Suppose Pugh would have counted as a neutral signing (and he's not done anything wrong as such yet? More he's being asked to play a role he maybe wasn't suited for?) and Swanson, a lot depended on how fat he turned out to be - he does seem to try and offer us something though but, again, we seem to have swapped system into one where he doesn't fit easily? (maybe we expected Fleck to go?)

Nouble so far is doing better than hoped, but still have grave doubts about his ability to pick a striker.

fernandopartridge

so, to carry on my subtle "pressley out" campaign... Which of the below 13 signed this season in your opinion "look a lot better" ?. How many of the 13 we have signed would have got into our team on the 1st day of last season v Crawley

Murphy (GK), Christie, Adams, J Clarke, Willis (Phillips 80), Thomas, Wilson, Fleck, Baker (c), Moussa, L Clarke

Miller
Johnson
Jackson
Tudgay
Pugh
Swanson
O'Brien
Riece Charles-Cook
Allsop - LOAN
Coulibaly - LOAN
McQuiod - LOAN
Hines - LOAN
Nouble - LOAN
Not got any major issues with any of them far. Or are they all terrible based on the first 9 league games?

What point is your post trying to make? Have you got the net figure? How many permanent signings? Is it a good thing that he has moved his bad signings on quickly?

stupot07

The bench that day

Burge, Barton, Phillips, garner, Daniels, lobjoit, maund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfcway

Not got any major issues with any of them far. Or are they all terrible based on the first 9 league games?

What point is your post trying to make? Have you got the net figure? How many permanent signings? Is it a good thing that he has moved his bad signings on quickly?

there isnt a point, someone mentioned pressley had signed 31 players, so i set about trying to find who there were.

Care to answer the question ?, how many of the 13 would you put in the team that started last season ?

For whats its worth, for me, it would be 2, Johnson would replace Clarke, and O'Brien would replace Thomas

SkyBlueSid

It would seem that Pressley operates on the principle that if you kiss enough frogs, occasionally one or two will turn into princes. There have been an awful lot of his signings that turned out to be toads, it has to be said.

In fairness, with little money to spend, this is no different from many teams at our level. I've only seen the current team twice in the Ricoh games, but he seems to have worked towards a team that rely on fitness, work ethic and team spirit. It has little quality, but that is like many other Div 3 teams. In the past we have lacked the qualities he now has, which is a positive. I doubt this squad will get us out of the division but without money to spend we are what we are.

The point is that the best managers at this level have a better success rate at finding suitable players. Pressley is not at that level yet.

ccfc1234

Miller
Johnson
Jackson
Tudgay
Pugh
Swanson
O'Brien
Riece Charles-Cook
Allsop - LOAN
Coulibaly - LOAN
McQuiod - LOAN
Hines - LOAN
Nouble - LOAN

Not got any major issues with any of them so far. Or are they all terrible based on the first 9 league games?

I agree its too early to write players off totally but its hard to say Tudgay is looking a good signing atm.
The loans from Bournemouth as part of the Wilson deal currently look average at best too.

NorthernWisdom

that one quote almost sums up where we have been in the past few years

At the risk of being labelled ;) it's my concern over Waggot's overall transfer policy. We seem to go for players with a good early reputation on a dip, so we end up with Barton after a bad injury, Manset and McGeouch when unfit, Kilbane when past it etc. and the hope they come good. It's not the popular view, but Fleck fits that profile too as someone with a big early rep falling on hard times, and really not sure he'd be as big a loss as some think, we seem to see glimpses of talent, but not what I'd hope for.

And it's OK trying that now and again, but it does seem to be the trend to go for players who started brightly and burned themselves out for whatever reason, hoping the fire can be re-kindled.

Kingokings204

With Reda and o'brien in the team with Clarke and Wilson upfront and murphy in goal we would have one hell of a team.

Back to the OP. 31 is a lot but in our situation the last few years SP has done an amazing job. It's nothing short of a miracle imo.

We don't know how much is dictated by SW and SP. I assume it's a double act and both have a say.

Users who are viewing this thread