"....[SISU] are now reaping what whey sewed throughout their exile period" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=26813

A good, if somewhat sad, read.

While the club was exiled in Northampton, it was argued by critics of the move that the club staying away from its home city could have long lasting ramifications, that a proportion of those who got out of the habit of watching Coventry City every other week might not return upon its return. It’s not easy to quantify the extent of this when form on the pitch has been so poor, but it’s difficult to avoid the conclusion that some have gone, if not quite for good, then at least while the current owners remain in place. Ultimately, perhaps dragging oneself from the warmth and comfort of one’s sofa to watch a malfunctioning team play football becomes that much more difficult when affection for that club has been damaged and this seems to be likely for some – of not many – Coventry supporters over the last couple of years or so. To this extent, the owners of the club are now reaping what whey sewed throughout their exile period.

Sky Blue Kid

Fed up of reading this total and utter nonsense. Rubbish, look elsewhere before condemning.
What you mean is, try looking and don't stop till you find someone or something that agrees with your way of thinking......Good luck with that one!

Nick

Administrator
Stop being a pedant you....... so and so

(Sowed)..... I nearly made a pig's ear of It

Don't say that, he will have people trying to kick his door in mistaking the word pedant for something else!

georgehudson

a pal said to me that in a meeting JS had said to those present,
'i'll make you bleed before i leave here',
now whether that is true or not, it certainly is not the sort of statement you'd expect from an owner,
mmmmm

Gosford Green

A lot of people said the move would cause long term damage.

SISU had their chance to build bridges when they came back but within days Fisher was talking the return being temporary and new stadiums.

skybluetony176

SISU had their chance to build bridges when they came back but within days Fisher was talking the return being temporary and new stadiums.

He started on the day the return was announced IIRC.

Last edited:

albatross

After Sheffield RFC posted "its not Pressley its the players" on Monday SISU said "its not the players its Pressley" Just who is it RFC... there is one common thread to all this SISU.

The Government of this country and even the US President only get 5 years to achieve their objectives before the people cast judgement with their votes. SISU have had seven and the public are voting with their feet. That said Blair, Brown, Cameron and Obama had it easy. They did not have to deal with ACL , CCC, SBT, Higgs, WASPS, CET, a High court judge and now the supporters of coventry city, who are ALL hell bent on seeing the destruction of CCFC and spend every waking hour cooking up schemes to thwart them.

Tell me Where else do we have to look

torchomatic

And the Council were saying the same, were they not? Publicly stating trust needs to be rebuilt before discussing ownership with CCFC (so Sisu were interested) yet doing a deal with Wasps at the same time. Both are fucking useless.

torchomatic

Ashdown

And the Council were saying the same, were they not? Publicly stating trust needs to be rebuilt before discussing ownership with CCFC (so Sisu were interested) yet doing a deal with Wasps at the same time. Both are fucking useless.

Looking back, the council were only coming out with those lines at the end because the deal was almost done with Wasps, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was being discussed as early as when the rugby club knocked the 'London' off their name at the end of June !

italiahorse

I think once Fisher started again it was an easy decision for them !!

Ian1779

The decision was made long before Fisher uttered those words. I doubt Anne and her band of cronies were sitting round listening to Fisher's every word waiting to press the GO button.

skybluetony176

The decision was made long before Fisher uttered those words. I doubt Anne and her band of cronies were sitting round listening to Fisher's every word waiting to press the GO button.

Probably not for a long time. But i would say that the iron was hot before this only SISU don't have the business skill to realise this and strike.

Ian1779

I wonder if the person from ACL doing the Ricoh return negotiations had little or no clue what was going on behind the scenes.

torchomatic

If that's true, then that makes it even worse. Obviously the deal must have been well under way by the time we returned so there really was no need for ACL/CCC to come out making statements that weren't true. Same with Fisher obviously.

Looking back, the council were only coming out with those lines at the end because the deal was almost done with Wasps, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was being discussed as early as when the rugby club knocked the 'London' off their name at the end of June !

torchomatic

Really? The deal was probably already done by the time ACL started releasing statements like that. Nothing to do with Fisher and his stupid statements.

Users who are viewing this thread