SISU could buy Coventry Bee's (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

Just thinking re Brandon rumours

SISU could purchase Brandon, Coventry Bee's and with it the stock car and greyhound racing.
Then subject to FL approval, play their home games at Brandon for 3 years whilst a new stadium is built.
During this period, SISU get somewhere to play rent free
They get all income streams from Football, Speedway, Stock Cars, and Greyhounds.
Then in 3 years time, everything moves to the new stadium and SISU sell Brandon to a property developer.
Relevant council would almost certainly like this notion and grant permission for new site.
Of course, without knowing facts and figures it is difficult to know if this would work, but in principal it could work.

Bluegloucester

SISU could purchase Brandon, Coventry Bee's and with it the stock car and greyhound racing.
Then subject to FL approval, play their home games at Brandon for 3 years whilst a new stadium is built.
They get all income streams from Football, Speedway, Stock Cars, and Greyhounds.
Then in 3 years time, everything moves to the new stadium and SISU sell Brandon to a property developer.
Relevant council would almost certainly like this notion and grant permission for new site.
Of course, without knowing facts and figures it is difficult to know if this would work, but in principal it could work.

Does the speedway, stock cars and greyhounds come to the Ricoh?

James Smith

Except for the lack of infrastructure to support the club on a matchday there. They'd need to obtain a Safety certificate before they could do that which might not be that easy as if you recall the Ricoh had issues which meant our first few matches were away. I have no idea what is involved however in doing this so it might be easier than I thought.

Flying Fokker

I'm sure SISU want to get embroiled in this. Some ridiculous figures coming out about how much the Brandon land would be in a deal.

This is assuming you consider Rottweiler racing or speedway to fits in with future stadium plans. : )

Not going to happen....ever been to the Withdean? Although I see what you are saying.

Mind you. If this is still going on we could have a preferred bidders handicap race. PH IV. SISU Byng and a mystery bitch nobody knows much about.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Fisher had said the FL wouldn't let them play at the butts, so I doubt Brandon would meet safety standards.

Sba180

not a cat in hells chance of going brandon. one road in and one road out. residents houses are worth nigh on half a million. i can only imagine a football stadium in their midst would send them tumbling

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so instead of just killing our club they kill the bees too ? :facepalm:

Sky Blue Dal

This no going to happen ... The owners are aware what they are like, so Bees still in safe hands. ... SISU have created a bad name for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread