sisu: it's Game On! (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

sisu: it's Game On! (kcic news and views roundup 8.6.14)

Football League 6.6.14.jpg

Getting ready to spread the kcic message at the Football League! (Friday 6 June 2014)

*just to remind ourselves we're football fans - League One fixtures will be out 18 June*

Judicial Review - it's a massive week for sisu

As Mark Labovitch has said with the Judicial Review: “the truth will be known”!

• Will sisu prove the council did not follow “due process” with the loan to acl, and acted illegally?
  • Will sisu prove there was a conspiracy by the council to wrest control of the club away from sisu?
  • Will sisu produce the long rumoured documents - a smoking gun if you like - that will show this is all the council’s fault?

sisu must be confident to have pursued the JR for so long - they started it way back in April 2013 ● when the JR was originally rejected, sisu successfully appealed ● this is the chance for sisu to prove things they've been saying for well over a year now

The JR won't magically get us back to the Ricoh ● the Judge might make an immediate decision or he might take his time and do a written one ● either side can appeal ● the JR certainly won’t be the end of the CCFC saga ● but it is sisu's big chance on council illegality, conspiracy and a smoking gun - no doubt there'll be the usual spin but it's definitely a huge week for sisu

Football League last Friday

• We certainly let the Football League know we're not giving up the fight to get CCFC back to Coventry
  • A very big thank you to everyone who helped out
  • Why not do your bit to help - we've got new laminate flyers (paid for by t-shirt sales) so get some by emailing [email protected] and get your local shops, pubs, clubs and wherever else to display one, just like A.P. Harvey Wines on Earlsdon Street very kindly have!

20140608_155546.jpg

Other news

Only One Person Turned Up For Forum With Tim Fisher reports the Covsupport News Service at http://tinyurl.com/nd6kj4t

Bournemouth bid for Coventry Star rejected
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bournemouth-bid-for-coventry-star-rejected

kcic at the World Cup - keep an eye out for City flags in Brazil including this one

PUSB!

World Cup - malc.jpg

Snozz_is_god

sisu must be confident to have pursued the JR for so long - they started it way back in April 2013 ● when the JR was originally rejected, sisu successfully appealed ● this is the chance for sisu to prove things they've been saying for well over a year now

Same could be said of CCC, if they thought they had done anything wrong, it would of been settled out of court by now. CCC must believe they have a strong water tight case.

Grendel

How many people went to football league HQ out of interest?

Hobo

Well you obviously didn't go so don't criticise anyone else for none attendance.

Grendel

Well you obviously didn't go so don't criticise anyone else for none attendance.

I'm not - I'm just surprised as Michael pointed out only one attended a Tim Fisher forum he did not mention how many went to the football league. I assumed it was an omission and was offering helpful advice.

ccfcway

I'm not - I'm just surprised as Michael pointed out only one attended a Tim Fisher forum he did not mention how many went to the football league. I assumed it was an omission and was offering helpful advice.

TBF, if it was only Michael wouldnt it have equaled that forum ?

Hobo

If only one person protests fair play to them, they are making a stance.
If Fisher tries to build bridges with fans but can only draw a crowd of one, that is a different matter...perhaps they prefer the smell of coffee at home rather than the smell of bullshit.

skybluetony176

Out of interest where was the TF forum located?

Astute

You could ask why did only about 20 turn up to protest outside CCC offices. That was within a short walking distance/short bus journey/taxi/car journey for thousands of our supporters.

J

Jack Griffin

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Out of interest where was the TF forum located?

How do we know only one turned up? Also when I went it was the only time I could go and they accommodated me.

Frankly its pathetic to mention it. The source was someone on here.

I just don't see why the number of protestors isn't mentioned - it implies he is embarrassed by the turnout.

skybluetony176

How do we know only one turned up? Also when I went it was the only time I could go and they accommodated me.

Frankly its pathetic to mention it. The source was someone on here.

I just don't see why the number of protestors isn't mentioned - it implies he is embarrassed by the turnout.

Just when you failed to mention that the TF forum was in Coventry in the evening and the FL protest was on a Friday afternoon in London I assumed it was an admission so I was just being helpful.

But having read your reply to me being helpful I can clearly see you were just being a pathetic ass, as usual. And you should be embarrassed.

torchomatic

You could ask why did only about 20 turn up to protest outside CCC offices. That was within a short walking distance/short bus journey/taxi/car journey for thousands of our supporters.

We could also ask why the petition has got such a pathetically small number of signatures. Not much point thoufh is there?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Astute

We could also ask why the petition has got such a pathetically small number of signatures. Not much point thoufh is there?

I agree no point at all. Everyone should do what they want to and what they feel. But also not try and pick faults with someone when they do what they want or as they feel they should.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I agree no point at all. Everyone should do what they want to and what they feel. But also not try and pick faults with someone when they do what they want or as they feel they should.

He said picking faults in the 20 outside the council house....

Astute

He said picking faults in the 20 outside the council house....

Making a point with Grendel who was trying to make a big thing of how many turned up at the FL HQ. Or did you miss that :p

torchomatic

Making a point with Grendel who was trying to make a big thing of how many turned up at the FL HQ. Or did you miss that :p

Similar to you missing thr point of my debt comment this morning, I guess.

Astute

Similar to you missing thr point of my debt comment this morning, I guess.

Wife is away for a long weekend. Having to sort out kids by myself. Can lose the drift of life let alone previous posts on a forum :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

So where do SISU stand if they lose the JR

They try and build bridges with ACL to bring us back to the Ricoh?
They get serious about a new stadium?
They sell the club and leave?
They liquidate the club?
Which of these scenarios is most likely/realistic? Any other possibilities for them?

Astute

So where do SISU stand if they lose the JR

They try and build bridges with ACL to bring us back to the Ricoh?
They get serious about a new stadium?
They sell the club and leave?
They liquidate the club?
Which of these scenarios is most likely/realistic? Any other possibilities for them?

I would go for trying to get us behind them and still attempt what they are going for now. IMHO they have wasted too many millions on it already to give up now. Otherwise not exactly build bridges but try and make CCC/ACL look bad and get what they want on rental terms. They have known all along that if CCC turns them down we will be unhappy so they have had the freedom to do what they want knowing they can always go back.

New stadium? We would end up in excess of 100m in debt and playing outside Coventry. Only a fool would lend them the money.

Sell our club and leave? Who would give them enough?

Liquidate? Out of spite maybe. But only a maybe. If they want to get out at any stage and liquidation would bring in about the same as anything else then yes maybe. If at any time they got the freehold then a bit bigger maybe as they would walk away owning the Ricoh.

torchomatic

So have you sugned it?
Or does it go against all you stand for

Maybe the part where I said I'd signed confused you.

Not sure what you mean by your last comment. I am a Coventry City fan.

MichaelCCFC

As has been posted many times before, kcic events in London are never about numbers. They're just opportunities to highlight our plight, remind the powers that be we're not giving up and on Friday another plug for the ePetition. Only time there's been even a few dozen in London was when the Trust did sisu and FL on the same day last year. For kcic we only need a handful to be there to do what we want and on Friday there were half a dozen (plus a bloke from Finham who walked by and had no idea what was going on with CCFC!) which is exactly the same as the first time last year. It's wrong but it's the reality that half a dozen people in London can get more attention than several thousand in Cov. Got some good pics so just a case of waiting to see if any of the nationals pick them up.

So there's plenty of ammo there for those who wish to sneer, abuse and make snide comments about fellow fans. For me, I just remain in awe that after all that's gone on with ccfc, the widespread disillusion and after a long working week there are London based City fans still willing to give up their time

Ian1779

Lol !!
That says it all really !

Does it??

Both sides in this dispute have signed the petition, so my lack of signing it is not related to any particular viewpoint.

Football generally does need a huge overall. But personally I find it hypocritical me paying for my Sky Sports subscription knowing that (indirectly) it is massively inflating the football market as a whole - and then signing a petition complaining about how the game has been ruined by money and people that have it.

Users who are viewing this thread