SISU ready to sell? (1 Viewer)

mmttww

giphy.gif

How grendel argues

He's got a point about Ashley, though. Bloke is an asshole. Ethically, he's totally bankrupt. Sports Direct is a horror show. Not sure he added much value to Newcastle. TV deals is what makes a PL club attractive, not any model he used or left in place when he sold up. TV deals increased massively during his time there, nowt else really contributed to the value of that club.

Grendel

Not if Wasps go into liquidation no, the lease wouldn't exist and we would be the prime tenants

they are separate companies the rugby club is a sub tenant

SeaSeeEffCee

Think the can might have started to be kicked
It could be a fishing exercise though , to see if anything comes from this.
O’hare injury couldn’t have come at a worse time though
The way you talk it makes it sound like the club is at risk of going bust if we don’t sell a player soon…

O’Hare definitely on the way if he wasn’t injured then?

baldy

Not from that post alone. He’s been going on about us being desperate to sell a player all summer, and saying stuff like ‘the O’Hare injury couldn’t have come at a worst time’ when talking in the context of the finances makes it sound like we were banking on selling him.

I just read the ‘O’Hare injury couldn’t come at a worse time’ line as just referring to it happening right literally before our season kicked off that’s all

NorthernWisdom

Most premiership clubs are too
Least time I liked, Manchester City are still called Manchester City, and Chelsea Chelsea, Brentford Brentford and so on. And when, like the former Hull chairman, they want to change their names there's an outcry among fans. When Cardiff changed their kit to red the fans revolted until it changed back.

Because if all you want is a top flight club that's not called Coventry City, there are plenty to choose from already.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ideal world SISU do go and we get a Brentford/Middlesbrough type owner, but unfortunately unless we have a secret millionaire fan, or one of us wins the lottery it isn’t happening.

There’s plenty to be frustrated with SISU about, but it’s also fair to say a lot less in recent years. They’ve learnt and are improving, and as such we have as a football team and a club.

They now need to step up again now to support MR.

Are they perfect owners? Absolutely not. But it might well be a case of better the devil you know.

Even then, the EuroMillions record is around £200 million. That’d disappear pretty quick buying the club, getting some or all of the ground, and then funding day to day.

Football clubs are just money pits and you need to be taking in even more than you’re prepared to lose, like the Coates

Gynnsthetonic

Least time I liked, Manchester City are still called Manchester City, and Chelsea Chelsea, Brentford Brentford and so on. And when, like the former Hull chairman, they want to change their names there's an outcry among fans. When Cardiff changed their kit to red the fans revolted until it changed back.

Because if all you want is a top flight club that's not called Coventry City, there are plenty to choose from already.
Are Man City owned by the local textile mill owner, Newcastle and Liverpool by the dockyard owners, Leicester by the local Knicker stitcher factory and so on, Villa and Wolves owned by Chinese, no there all global companies with no ties to the area,

TomRad85

This could be bollocks but aren't there rules against changing the name to the name of an owner/sponsor?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Greggs

I wish they'd just flog Hamer and get it done with.

TomRad85

All sounds very dramatic. Surely we can wait until January at least.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread