SISU still after the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Peter Billing Eyes

Does anyone else think that the idea of a new stadium is smoking mirrors and that SISU are in fact still after the Ricoh? They have been granted 3 years grace and they may feel that is how long it could take them to obtain control of the Ricoh. They could buy land in the meantime on the premise of using it for a new stadium knowing full well they would struggle to obtain planning permission and still use it as a company asset whatever the outcome.

chiefdave

Does anyone else think that the idea of a new stadium is smoking mirrors and that SISU are in fact still after the Ricoh? They have been granted 3 years grace and they may feel that is how long it could take them to obtain control of the Ricoh. They could buy land in the meantime on the premise of using it for a new stadium knowing full well they would struggle to obtain planning permission and still use it as a company asset whatever the outcome.

Totally what they are after. Never in a million years will they build a ground. They think this will make ACL panic and hand them the stadium but the actions of ACL today suggest otherwise.

RFC

Planning would come from outside Coventry (I'll give you a clue, Ryton comes under Rugby CC!).

I also think the Ricoh lease has between 45 & 49 years remaining on it, so they'd have to buy that as well and gamble on getting a substantial extension.

Seyeclops666

There is no chance any district council in Warwickshire will grant planning permission for a stadium. I know as I have asked almost every council Leader personally.

J

Jack Griffin

I think what is certain is that every District Council bordering the City of Coventry contains a substantial number of voters who are Coventry City fans...

psgm1

Banned
Why else fight tooth and nail to keep a team that has no assets! Not sure if turkey baster has realised that yet though - too busy trolling the internet. Once sisu come out with a specific site (if this ever happens of course), then no doubt ACL will stop holding out for sisu, and use the site to its full effect, and turn it into a 100% exhibition centre. Once this happens sisu will all of a sudden decide its in the best interest to move back to the ricoh. After all buying land is one thing, building a stadium is an entirely different prospect! Cat in hell's chance of getting planning approval for yet another stadium in the coventry area - just look at the probs they are having with HR2 and that is a government project! How can they justify building an 18k stadium when one was built less than a decade before? Wherever it is it will be on green-belt land, and will need expansion of the road networks. Of course they could do as those gypsies did, and simply build it overnight and then put planning application in later! NOTHING will surprise me with those guys (FAO Admin, when are you going to fix the delays on the forum? Have cleared the cache, everything is updated, yet only works effectively with cookies turned off. I presume you automatically updated a couple of months ago, as the delays started a few weeks before linnell popped up holding court. Also I DID lay it out as paragraphs, but the parser took each line break out!)

kmj5000

Of course it is. Otherwise, why would they groundshare in Northampton and reduce their net income by more than £1.5m a year?

jesus-wept

Then why did that Onye turn down the chance to buy half the Ricoh 3 years ago, this never seems to get asked and I wonder if the FL know that. It is about that time SISU seemed to change their policy on running the club.

Peter Billing Eyes

Then why did that Onye turn down the chance to buy half the Ricoh 3 years ago, this never seems to get asked and I wonder if the FL know that. It is about that time SISU seemed to change their policy on running the club.
Being a Hedge Fund, I suspect they never pay the true market value for anything. Why buy 50% at the going rate when you can undertake an aggressive takeover further down the line and get 100% for peanuts?

jesus-wept

I know that PB but they (sisu) turning the chance to buy the Ricoh, I think for £6.5 million, might be wrong, should be all over the news reels but seems to get missed. Their decision not to buy by the way was admitted to by Tim Fisher at those forums and he even admitted he couldn't understand that decision.

kmj5000

I'm sure Fisher said at one of the forums that they agreed to buy it, or a share in it but, after their dodgy auditors (the ones who happily signed off the club's accounts that were in "a mess") came back with a report on ACL, they discovered that ACL were not financially strong and so they substantially reduced the ofer which was, of course, rejected. That's when SISU decided to play dirty.

Sky Blue Kid

The other reason could be CCFC are just a dumping ground for debt. The longer SISU keep hold of the club, the longer debts can be dumped there, until eventually they decide to liquidate without having to pay a penny to any creditors.....allegedly!

hutch1972

There is no chance any district council in Warwickshire will grant planning permission for a stadium. I know as I have asked almost every council Leader personally.
Problem is the local council do not make the final decisions, that is made by higher authorities. Regardless of what ccc or we ourselves think ,there would have to be genuine reasons for saying no and not just that we dislike them !

Users who are viewing this thread