Sisu trying to fuel a Bentley on Robin Reliant money (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

How is it that Wasps can afford to pay 30 million for the Ricoh and can't? They really are cheap skates sucking the life out of our club. 30 million is a bargain. Wasps can see a great deal and the council can finally get the Ricoh off its books.

why on why won't Sisu just go?

RFC

How is it that Wasps can afford to pay 30 million for the Ricoh and can't? They really are cheap skates sucking the life out of our club. 30 million is a bargain. Wasps can see a great deal and the council can finally get the Ricoh off its books.

Buyer - Seller you and I would do exactly the same! Well I definitely would.

Ian1779

But it won't be off the council books will it?? They are only buying a company that has a long-term lease.

stupot07

Who says they are going to actually pay £30m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Dal

Who says they are going to actually pay £30m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well there about from the reports we are reading, thats if you on about the Wasps BUT if you on about SISU then I agree.

Grendel

Well there about from the reports we are reading, thats if you on about the Wasps BUT if you on about SISU then I agree.

The reports don't say £30 million

stupot07

It says a deal worth £30m not that they will pay £30m.

Compass signed a 10 year deal worth £125m.....I may have missed it but I can remember them paying ACL £125m

http://www.stadia-magazine.com/news.php?NewsID=11615

hill83

Where's this Bentley then? All I'm seeing is a bunch of Astras and a 306.

ccfc1234

SISU have the cash the real issue is do they want to send it on this particular investment from their portfolio?
Someone said about the new proposed stadium costing circa 30m it probably would however the key difference is that SISU would commission a property company to build it and set repayment levels that would be far lower than the interest they would have to fund on a 30m loan. This way the property company get a huge turnover project and SISU get a stadium they could afford on a month to month basis and full commercial control.

The above being said they would be crazy not to buy the stadium as next season it will have inferstructure in the form of a station that 90% of prem clubs would be envious of, and a finished product on their books that could have real commercial value in terms of new developments on land they would subsequently own.

Fingers crossed Joy sees sense and the council don't take a short term that could effect them in the long run.

Flying Fokker

SISU have the cash the real issue is do they want to send it on this particular investment from their portfolio?
Someone said about the new proposed stadium costing circa 30m it probably would however the key difference is that SISU would commission a property company to build it and set repayment levels that would be far lower than the interest they would have to fund on a 30m loan. This way the property company get a huge turnover project and SISU get a stadium they could afford on a month to month basis and full commercial control.

The above being said they would be crazy not to buy the stadium as next season it will have inferstructure in the form of a station that 90% of prem clubs would be envious of, and a finished product on their books that could have real commercial value in terms of new developments on land they would subsequently own.

Fingers crossed Joy sees sense and the council don't take a short term that could effect them in the long run.

I'm not sure they have ever had the cash. They carried debt from the previous incarnation and chose to go bust rather than pay debt that 'the business' could not service.

It was always their plan to stress ACL out and buy on the cheap. SISU now have another show in town. Clearly risk takers who have a plan themselves. They have probably fostered good relationships with the sellers and have been putting the final touches to the bid over the past couple of months..This included negotiations with CCC, ACL and Higgs...It was first discussed over 4 months ago. CCFC is in a no win situation. If they take the club out of the city it is goodbye to the golden share.

Astute

Where's this Bentley then? All I'm seeing is a bunch of Astras and a 306.

A bunch of Astras and a 306 being stripped for parts more like.

None of us are sure what is going on. Maybe 7m. Maybe 7m and loan paid off. Maybe 7m and loan taken over. Maybe 30m and a good part of this paid off with money taken from the stadium naming rights. Whichever it is the money wasted on litigation and our Northampton holiday would have paid a good chunk of it. Money wasted since they took us over would have paid the whole thing. Maybe the pot is now dry.

Gazolba

They really are cheap skates sucking the life out of our club.

Why would SISU/Otium want to buy the Ricoh? Haven't you heard, they are building a new stadium.

Astute

Why would SISU/Otium want to buy the Ricoh? Haven't you heard, they are building a new stadium.

Breaking news

SISU have put an appeal out to any supporters who have any spare Lego bricks that can go towards the construction of our new stadium.

torchomatic

Breaking news: CCC appeal for fans to throw rose petals down on the floor everywhere Councillor Lucas walks. SBJ, JG and Astute have volunteered.

Breaking news

SISU have put an appeal out to any supporters who have any spare Lego bricks that can go towards the construction of our new stadium.

torchomatic

spider_ricoh

Fisher has claimed that the Ricoh itself is "worthless" and only worth the business value of ACL ("valued at £4m" or whatever) ... my own view is that the value to SISU is the cost of build a replacement stadium, roughly £30m for a reasonably-sized stadium.

torchomatic

You should change Spider to Wasp.

Fisher has claimed that the Ricoh itself is "worthless" and only worth the business value of ACL ("valued at £4m" or whatever) ... my own view is that the value to SISU is the cost of build a replacement stadium, roughly £30m for a reasonably-sized stadium.

Sky Blue Dal

The reports don't say £30 million

I did say well there about and I tried to make the point that if they are going to build a £30m new stadium why not offer Wasps matching figure.

Found out last night that they were not allowed to bid. Don't know how much of that is true but if it is then an explanation is required by ACL/CCC.

I will always maintain that leaving the Ricoh was our clubs biggest mistake. During all the bickering and threats it allowed Wasps to sneak in. If we had not done that and stayed put we would have been in a stronger position today to negotiate and definitely had the majority of the city's sympathy vote.

Last edited:

torchomatic

True. I don't even think Talbot car designers could spell Aerodynamic!

There was the Tagora (?) too. Something like that anyway.

Tasty. Personaly i prefered the fast back styling of the Alpine version. I always liked the way you could hear them coming from miles around, not from he throaty exhaust note but from the rattling tappets. They just don't make them like they used to.

torchomatic

I think Gordon Milne would have had a Rancho. Or was it Dave Sexton then?

I believe all the playing staff were supplied with Talbots at the time of the Talbot sponsorship deal. I assume the gaffer got a Tagorra ;)

Monners

Now is this Horizon rust free - or just covered in rust? Dad had one of these in a fetching shade of mustard

Users who are viewing this thread