Sisu (1 Viewer)

Briles

Given the fact that so many clubs have worked outside of their means during the pandemic and will likely be in the shit by the start of next season, do we think that whilst anti sisu sentiment remains rife due to the ground situation, that they deserve kudos for sailing a volatile ship through this period? With one of the lowest budgets in the league they have still backed robins in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible. Im not pro sisu, far from it, but credit where its due. Granted come April when the books are published we will know for sure but their sensible attitude towards business may actually have helped us this time round. I mean, if anyone was going to use the pandemic as an excuse to not fund the club itd be sisu right?

Last edited:

wingy

Given the fact that so many clubs have worked outside of their means during the pandemic and will likely be in the shit by the start of next season, do we think that whilst anti sisu sentiment remains rife due to the ground situation, that they deserve kudos for sailing a volatile ship through this period? With one of the lowest budgets in the league they have still backed robins in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible. Im not pro sisu, far from it, but credit where its due. Granted come April when the books are published we will know for sure but their sensible attitude towards business may actually have helped us this time round.
Doubt it, aren't the results a year behind?

SBT

We don't play in Coventry or have a stadium plan beyond the next six months, but other than that they're doing OK and sensible I guess

Briles

Briles

We don't play in Coventry or have a stadium plan beyond the next six months, but other than that they're doing OK and sensible I guess

Yeah I was ignoring that haha. Was more to do with their stewardship through the pandemic

ccfclinney

Yes they have done ok recently .. but you have to remember they haven’t put money into the club for a few years it’s self sustaining through player sales and fans purchases..

have a look at the fees spent on transfer this season compared to players gone plus promotion to the championship being worth 6/7m at least.

callum Wilson sell on fee 2m approx
Sam Mcallum sold in January 3m

I would still say the club is at least the 6/7m better of from getting promotion and only spent what they have received in roughly.

if we stay up this season it will be a massive achievement especially if we can get fans back into grounds next season..

I don’t think our wage bill will actually be much more then last season. With the amount released at the end of last season.

PUSB

NorthernWisdom

Ever since their initial splurge we've been trying to balance budget, that hasn't changed, really. Ever since Fisher rocked up, the football side has seemed relatively sanely managed as well (don't laugh!), even when results haven't gone as hoped.

It doesn't alter the fact that ultimately their stewardship has been utterly calamatous, however. While we're built on sand, we're always in danger of sliding away...

mark_ccfc

I wouldn't credit them with anything really. Position in the league we have gone full circle since they took over. They started with us in the championship and brought us back to the championship, however we were playing in Coventry when we started but now we are not. All we can say is we are not leaking as much money, their 'stewardship' through the pandemic is coincidental rather than intentional.

Briles

I wouldn't credit them with anything really. Position in the league we have gone full circle since they took over. They started with us in the championship and brought us back to the championship, however we were playing in Coventry when we started but now we are not. All we can say is we are not leaking as much money, their 'stewardship' through the pandemic is coincidental rather than intentional.

Interesting point.

Briles

Ever since their initial splurge we've been trying to balance budget, that hasn't changed, really. Ever since Fisher rocked up, the football side has seemed relatively sanely managed as well (don't laugh!), even when results haven't gone as hoped.

It doesn't alter the fact that ultimately their stewardship has been utterly calamatous, however. While we're built on sand, we're always in danger of sliding away...

Last part of that post is spot on. Poisoned chalice springs to mind.

chiefdave

Well we won't know how good or bad the accounts for the covid period are for a good while yet. Going up when we did means we have gone in to the Championship knowing there's a good chance we'd be BCDs are able to budget accordingly.

Grendel

I never thought I’d see the words Sisu and sensible attitude towards business in the same sentence

Also can we please stop this self sufficiency nonsense - they had it as an aim and as with every other aim they failed to deliver

Briles

I never thought I’d see the words Sisu and sensible attitude towards business in the same sentence

Also can we please stop this self sufficiency nonsense - they had it as an aim and as with every other aim they failed to deliver

I get that. But if we come through the pandemic unscathed you've got to put your hands up and say fair play. Especially with what is occurring with derby and blues etc

fernandopartridge

It's a myth, we're as fucked as anybody else. We have a lower cost base possibly, but the main cost i.e. the squad is still there.

Grendel

I get that. But if we come through the pandemic unscathed you've got to put your hands up and say fair play. Especially with what is occurring with derby and blues etc

How are we unscathed. We have a balance sheet that says we are insolvent - we owed £20 million prior to the promotion season - must be approaching £30 million now and no secured fixed assets

Briles

How are we unscathed. We have a balance sheet that says we are insolvent - we owed £20 million prior to the promotion season - must be approaching £30 million now and no secured fixed assets

Not as a result of the pandemic though. This is all pre lockdown which granted is shite. But the point of my post was the way we have navigated the lack of fans. Its also proof that going to Northampton made zero difference to their plans.

Grendel

Not as a result of the pandemic though. This is all pre lockdown which granted is shite. But the point of my post was the way we have navigated the lack of fans. Its also proof that going to Northampton made zero difference to their plans.

His do you know we are unscathed? I don’t see the point.

Briles

His do you know we are unscathed? I don’t see the point.

They wouldn't be buying or loaning players in if they were on the breadline. Joy, for all her foibles, seems to have it right this time. Wait until next season regarding points deductions.

skybluesam66

Every club (nearly) has to sell players
so saying we need wilson/Maddison money is "so what"

Other teams are spending money on top of that

letsallsingtogether

How have other clubs faired how many have gone pop how many in our league have spent less?
We should be the best as we have spent very little and have the least staff of any club.

cov donkey kick

Certainly through the pandemic they've been acceptable in fact since boddy has come in they seem to have been more fan friendly and I have been surprised Robins has been backed by SISU in the January window.
However until SISU give us the new stadium I will be suspicious.

pusbccfc

If you look at some of the basket cases in the Championship, we aren't doing too badly. The fact we are where we are, without spending beyond our means, is remarkable.

Grendel

They wouldn't be buying or loaning players in if they were on the breadline. Joy, for all her foibles, seems to have it right this time. Wait until next season regarding points deductions.

Well we actually don’t know the arrangements on loans or if a mccallum portion of the fee has kicked in

Relegation and we’d be well and truly in the mire

CCFCSteve

Good season to be promoted (with L1 budget). TV money should’ve plugged the gap caused by Covid and left some for the new signings. The bigger attendance/wage clubs (Forest, Derby, Sheff weds etc) would’ve really suffered

Hobo

The problem is they have parked us. They have us on tickover - but think they have put a bit more in to keep us in this league.

They dont have enough finances/desire to buy or build a ground.

I have given up on the ideal. I just love the football team and appreciate the players efforts. I dont think we have many timewasters at the minute they all seem to try their best. Some off this lower league stuff isnt so bad - the Premier League is now in a different cosmos to when we left it

Adge

The problem is they have parked us. They have us on tickover - but think they have put a bit more in to keep us in this league.

They dont have enough finances/desire to buy or build a ground.

I have given up on the ideal. I just love the football team and appreciate the players efforts. I dont think we have many timewasters at the minute they all seem to try their best. Some off this lower league stuff isnt so bad - the Premier League is now in a different cosmos to when we left it
So is the Championship to be fair.

Londonccfcfan

Good season to be promoted (with L1 budget). TV money should’ve plugged the gap caused by Covid and left some for the new signings. The bigger attendance/wage clubs (Forest, Derby, Sheff weds etc) would’ve really suffered
Also don't forget those big clubs are getting no , non matchday income from gyms, hotels, bars , hospitality etc in their stadium, Parking etc...it's huge.

Grendel

Also don't forget those big clubs are getting no , non matchday income from gyms, hotels, bars , hospitality etc in their stadium, Parking etc...it's huge.

We won’t ever have any of that anyway

Users who are viewing this thread