Sisu (1 Viewer)

Didge76

It's got to be time up for these bunch of wasters. The time is now for them to relinquish control to the wasps and let them have a go running the two entities which would in my opinion be good for not only us & wasps but everyone involved. SISU do the right thing and get lost once and for all!!! Rant over!

Steve.B50

Wasps don't want to run CCFC.
Let Joe sort out a buyer :whistle:

Italia, you maybe correct, but hear me out?
The Wasps need Cov in the RIcoh, to keep them there and stop them building in Bedworth would it not make sense to take on the Club. By pushing the concept of the new Stadium may encourage an offer for the club.
The other option for CCFC is to build a small new stadium which will kill our club even further, this would make gates even lower than at present. As you know a great deal of fans have already given up, some will never come back while SISU are still in control.
I can see from some of your posts you believe the Wasps are good for the City of Coventry, but a small minority do not agree. We need to either back our owners, encourage them to look at the concept of owning us or we are dead anyway.

italiahorse

Italia, you maybe correct, but hear me out?
The Wasps need Cov in the RIcoh, to keep them there and stop them building in Bedworth would it not make sense to take on the Club. By pushing the concept of the new Stadium may encourage an offer for the club.
The other option for CCFC is to build a small new stadium which will kill our club even further, this would make gates even lower than at present. As you know a great deal of fans have already given up, some will never come back while SISU are still in control.
I can see from some of your posts you believe the Wasps are good for the City of Coventry, but a small minority do not agree. We need to either back our owners, encourage them to look at the concept of owning us or we are dead anyway.

I'm all for change of ownership from Sisu to anyone, even Wasps.
Wasps would be good as they now have the Ricoh.
But after speaking to Wasps COO he said they won't get involved because running Wasps is more than enough.
Maybe them playing politics to bring the price down though. Who knows.

D

Deleted member 4232

Why would wasps want to enter into the horrible world of modern day football ownership?

stupot07

Why would wasps want to enter into the horrible world of modern day football ownership?

Exactly. There's not enough money in the ricoh for both clubs to thrive, wasps would need to pour money in to get to and survive in the championship let alone the PL. Wasps are already losing money, Eastwood said it would take a good few years for them to breakeven, they won't want to take money out of the ricoh for Ccfc or pile in extra money to appease Football fans, if anything they would like to keep Ccfc and Crfc in a lowly position so they can steal their fans.

stupot07

Why? because it doesn't fit with your view. Don't Sisu/Otium keep saying they aren't interested in the Ricoh?

No, because Nick Eastwood the wasps ceo has said they are not interested, that they have enough on their plate as its a risk moving here, that's it's going to take a few years for them to breakeven at the Ricoh, that their owner cannot afford to continue funding losses. As OSB has said a number of times, makes little financial sense and the best we can hope for is that they broker a deal for a third party to buy us.

Wasps aren't owned by an Ambramovic with unlimited cash.

Covstu

Are people really still banging about this point! Why the hell would they want to buy our club, the overheads of running a football club (wages etc) far outstretch that of a Rugby club so why would they want to commit so much more debt to an unsuccessful football club?

Drop this silly rumour people

stupot07

Owning a stadium and 2 established pro teams from different sports to play in it increases the value of said stadium?

What's that balanced against the level of investment/loans that you have to pour into the the 2 clubs to keep the, afloat per annum?

stupot07

I thought we're cash flow positive?

Yes in league one. You know full well, that fans expect us to be in the championship as a minimum now, hence the low crowds. Those expectations will be more intense and raise under new ownership

No sure why you are being so pedantic., unless your happy with league one football.

skybluetony176

Yes in league one. You know full well, that fans expect us to be in the championship as a minimum now, hence the low crowds. Those expectations will be more intense and raise under new ownership

No sure why you are being so pedantic., unless your happy with league one football.

Expectations on the pitch aren't the only reason for the low crowds, events of the pitch are clearly taking there toll as well.

So you moan about fans expectations of being in the championship and then insinuate that I'm happy with league 1 football presumably because you aren't and I'm being pedantic?

Steve.B50

Are people really still banging about this point! Why the hell would they want to buy our club, the overheads of running a football club (wages etc) far outstretch that of a Rugby club so why would they want to commit so much more debt to an unsuccessful football club?

Drop this silly rumour people

Its not a rumour, it's a dream.
as for why, they need the stadium to be used as much as possible, they cannot survive without a football team.

The Gentleman

No, because Nick Eastwood the wasps ceo has said they are not interested, that they have enough on their plate as its a risk moving here, that's it's going to take a few years for them to breakeven at the Ricoh, that their owner cannot afford to continue funding losses. As OSB has said a number of times, makes little financial sense and the best we can hope for is that they broker a deal for a third party to buy us.

Wasps aren't owned by an Ambramovic with unlimited cash.

Oh, so because Nick Eastwood says it that makes it so. Didn't he also say that they have no plans to change the seats but that didn't stop everyone still saying they would and bitch and fucking moan about it for weeks. Wasn't Tim Fisher our CEO when he said (and continues to say) that CCFC don't want the Ricoh?

So it's only Abramovic who can splash out on a football club then?

Just say for saying sake that Wasps were interested in buying CCFC, do you think they would come out and say it and thereby pushing the value up, or do you think they would downplay (just like Sisu have with the Ricoh and we all know full well they want it)?

Lastly, imagine if Wasps did buy us based on the fact that we now seem to be cash flow positive and they injected say £1.5-2 million into actually buying decent players and in that season got promotion, what in terms of numbers would that do for them? £5 mil for promotion, extra revenue for bigger crowds due to promotion push and potentially further increases in crowds the following season due to bigger games in the championship? would that not be worth a punt?

stupot07

Its not a rumour, it's a dream.
as for why, they need the stadium to be used as much as possible, they cannot survive without a football team.

You dream of CCFC being owned by london wasps holdings limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Oh, so because Nick Eastwood says it that makes it so. Didn't he also say that they have no plans to change the seats but that didn't stop everyone still saying they would and bitch and fucking moan about it for weeks. Wasn't Tim Fisher our CEO when he said (and continues to say) that CCFC don't want the Ricoh?

So it's only Abramovic who can splash out on a football club then?

Just say for saying sake that Wasps were interested in buying CCFC, do you think they would come out and say it and thereby pushing the value up, or do you think they would downplay (just like Sisu have with the Ricoh and we all know full well they want it)?

Lastly, imagine if Wasps did buy us based on the fact that we now seem to be cash flow positive and they injected say £1.5-2 million into actually buying decent players and in that season got promotion, what in terms of numbers would that do for them? £5 mil for promotion, extra revenue for bigger crowds due to promotion push and potentially further increases in crowds the following season due to bigger games in the championship? would that not be worth a punt?

Not for me. I want no part of wasps. That would be me done with the club.

But to humour you, yes if they got to the championship they would still need to pour in £5-6m per annum just to survive. They said they haven't got that kind of money or are you suggesting wasps lied to their fans in saying it was ricoh or bust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Low crowds QPR had 17000 in the Prem sheff United had 2000 more then that in our league.

Its all about how you run the Club run it right be open with the fans and you might just succeed carry on being wankers and you will defiantly fail.

skybluetony176

You dream of CCFC being owned by london wasps holdings limited?

You have to admit. It cant be any worse than the London SISU/Cayman Island ARVO nightmare.

And hey, at least we would be owned by the same outfit who own our ground. I seem to remember you using that line to champion SISU ownership of the Ricoh so at least you'll be happy with that aspect. Appologies in advance if I've confused you with another poster on that.

The Gentleman

But to humour you, yes if they got to the championship they would still need to pour in £5-6m per annum just to survive. They said they haven't got that kind of money or are you suggesting wasps lied to their fans in saying it was ricoh or bust?

I'm not the one suggesting anything, it's you who keeps telling us that it won't happen but that's hardly a guarantee is it. All I was saying is that you were quoting one CEO saying he was adamant and I was merely pointing out that another CEO was taking a similar stance but we know is bullshitting.

You know about as much as me and that is we know fuck all about the next move for CCFC, Wasps or any other potential party, yet you seem to think you know that it won't happen. I prefer to hope that it will, because as long as Sisu are here, we are doomed.

jas365

It's got to be time up for these bunch of wasters. The time is now for them to relinquish control to the wasps and let them have a go running the two entities which would in my opinion be good for not only us & wasps but everyone involved. SISU do the right thing and get lost once and for all!!! Rant over!

Personally I don't see the club EVER recovering whilst the current owners remain. Too much damage has been done to the core support, there will be no major investment in the team, the ever on going court battles are just becoming tiresome, and it just makes no financial sense whatsoever for them to spent £x million on a new stadium.

I don't see Wasps running the club though, but I do think that if the club was put up for sale alternatives would surface. Would any new owner be any better than SISU? We don't know. Could they be any worse than SISU? Absolutely not.

skybluetony176

So you've hung around during everything SISU have put us and our club through but if Wasps take us over you're fucking of without even giving them an oppurtunity to show if they can turn the club around?

Thats a joke right?

Maybe RFC has hacked your account?

rupert_bear

Don't think Wasps will ever own our football club, but I do believe the Wasp factor could influence who does, I also believe things are afoot and maybe closer than we think, there is nothing sisu are doing presently that indicates a long term strategy.

skybluedan

Tell you what didge it's the first time in a long time I've heard the term get lost, but the best rant I've read in a while bit girly but still the best..........

Neutral Fan

Owning a stadium and 2 established pro teams from different sports to play in it increases the value of said stadium?

No. MGI Fiduciary earn 150k p.a. from CCFC for the next 2+2. If they added CCFC to their stable of ''sports franchises'' they immediately lose that profit AND then own a loss-making club.

And that's why MGI are on record as saying they won't buy CCFC.

skybluedan

Don't think Wasps will ever own our football club, but I do believe the Wasp factor could influence who does, I also believe things are afoot and maybe closer than we think, there is nothing sisu are doing presently that indicates a long term strategy.

Havent you heard mate rfc has a quote from fisher Some stadium news soon

skybluetony176

No. MGI Fiduciary earn 150k p.a. from CCFC for the next 2+2. If they added CCFC to their stable of ''sports franchises'' they immediately lose that profit AND then own a loss-making club.

And that's why MGI are on record as saying they won't buy CCFC.

I see you're feeling better as you remembered to mention MGI again.

Tell me brainiac. If they added us to their stable of "sports franchises" which town will they be franchising us out too?

Nick

Administrator
I see you're feeling better as you remembered to mention MGI again.

Tell me brainiac. If they added us to their stable of "sports franchises" which town will they be franchising us out too?

Bedworth / Treacle, as it isn't SISU doing it people would love it!

Users who are viewing this thread