Sixfields ground share would make Northampton play second fiddle to Coventry (1 Viewer)

FootyLawBlog

Jun 19, 2013
Here's my latest Coventry-related post, explaining why the Football Association's ground sharing rules would make Coventry the primary club at Sixfields if a ground-sharing deal with Northampton gets the go-ahead.

The FootyLawBlog

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
good stuff as usual FLB .
The cunning f**kers trying to re-write and subvert the FL rulebook .The same as they attempt with simple accounting practices

jabharty

Feb 18, 2012
Very unfair on Northampton. Wouldn't make a difference to most city fans if we played on a Saturday or not, whilst it would make a massive difference to Northampton fans.

Porkchophill

Mar 22, 2013
Here's my latest Coventry-related post, explaining why the Football Association's ground sharing rules would make Coventry the primary club at Sixfields if a ground-sharing deal with Northampton gets the go-ahead.

The FootyLawBlog

Do the fa/ fl also take into consideration the amount these fools are going to pay to play at Northampton for example if we are offered free use of Ricoh until admin exit and there was an original 400k rent agreement but we enter a deal to play elsewhere for instance 250k but are attendances plummet and travelling costs and overheads increase which they will surely this is detrimental to the future of the club

Gint11

Aug 8, 2012
Seriously the Football League really need to step in here and use common sense. Come on FL don't be yes men

FootyLawBlog

Jun 19, 2013
Love your blogs. Are you a Coventry fan yourself or are we just an interesting case study?

Cheers!

No, I'm a Walsall fan who got into this because I was so fed up at all the crap being written about you sharing our pitch

FootyLawBlog

Jun 19, 2013
There is no such thing as a "rental agreement" in the context of the FA or FL rules.

Each member club should have security of tenure (ownership, lease, rental agreement) over its own ground.

Where it wants to share a ground it shares a ground - but only in accordance with the Association and League's rules and regulations.

The line in the Northampton Chronicle describing it as a rental agreement rather than a ground share is meaningless - unless NTFC are moving out; and nobody has suggested that.

letsallsingtogether

Jun 30, 2012
coventry
Who gives a shit might as well play on a Thursday I will not be going so don't care I am gutted though because have nothing to look forward to now........................

Danceswithhorses

Mar 26, 2011
Coventry
Another excellent article my friend :claping hands:
This bit was VERY interesting
But the possibility of a ground share being ratified by the FA is slim, if the Association applies its rules correctly. The same rule (2.3.1) states that: “Ground sharing may not be permitted when one of the sharers retains the use of another ground unless that club can show by means of a refused planning permission or similar that it cannot meet the requirements of the Criteria Document at that ground.”

skybluehugh

May 16, 2010
Would our agreement with Northampton be a ground share agreement or a rental agreement. If rental then wouldn't Northampton games take priority?

If it's rental they can kiss any money they were due goodbye. After two games SHITSU' will say it's to much and stop paying and blame the Northampton fans for not going to watch CCFC.

Colin1883

Mar 21, 2013
If it's rental they can kiss any money they were due goodbye. After two games SHITSU' will say it's to much and stop paying and blame the Northampton fans for not going to watch CCFC.

Might even claim beneficial rights to the ground..

Danceswithhorses

Mar 26, 2011
Coventry
I trust that someone in a position of authority will remind the FA of its own rules, and put this ridiculous and hugely unpopular groundshare idea to bed

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
There is no such thing as a "rental agreement" in the context of the FA or FL rules.

Each member club should have security of tenure (ownership, lease, rental agreement) over its own ground.

Where it wants to share a ground it shares a ground - but only in accordance with the Association and League's rules and regulations.

The line in the Northampton Chronicle describing it as a rental agreement rather than a ground share is meaningless - unless NTFC are moving out; and nobody has suggested that.

Is there anything in the rules that state that the football club who is bigger can waive the right or take the preference of playing in midweek?

Delboycov

Mar 26, 2011
I think because this rule affects them and their support of the club directly and could even influence the outcome of their season it may be an important factor in getting cobblers fans onside to put pressure on their club to abandon this stupid plan...If they're currently 50/50 on the issue this could sway some of those in favour.

Danceswithhorses

Mar 26, 2011
Coventry
Just had a look at 'the hotel end', a northampton fans forum....they're a hostile bunch aren't they.
Rubbished footylawblog who was only pointing out some important parts of fa/fl rules.
Dismissed skybluesquirrel who was merely asking for a bit of communal footy fans support.
Seems like they couldn't give a toss about us.
It appears all they want is SISU's money.

Users who are viewing this thread