sky blue trust - useful or misguided (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
but they're not turning him down as such, they just want a pre forum meeting to make sure their aren't any issues.
People are quick to try and criticise supporters groups when they do stuff that is amateur or ill thought out so the trust should be commended for putting a bit of fore though in and trying to ensure there aren't any incidents.

Surely they would need a pre-meeting with the people there to tell them not to kick off or cause incidents?

Having a pre forum meeting won't guarantee anything if it is his safety they are worried about. He doesn't seem too bothered about his safety if that's the case.

What would Fisher need to tell them that was satisfactory before they would do an open meeting? If it was about his safety it would be him demanding the trust would be satisfying his needs surely?

Ian1779

but they're not turning him down as such, they just want a pre forum meeting to make sure their aren't any issues.
People are quick to try and criticise supporters groups when they do stuff that is amateur or ill thought out so the trust should be commended for putting a bit of fore though in and trying to ensure there aren't any incidents.

Get the point - but wasn't this the same Trust that criticised Chris Anderson for wanting to do some 'prep work' in regards to requesting info in writing prior to any discussion on Academy.
So what's good for the goose is not apparently good for the gander....

oldfiver

I thought the purpose of an open member's meeting is to discuss members issues - not the SBT Board's view of what they think they might be?

Perhaps both sides can publicly post on the SBT site and the members can then see what the "issues "are

Nick

Administrator
Just say to Fisher, look I am sure you understand that tensions are high right now, I am sure you have seen things for yourself when walking into pubs and being around the ground. Obviously we will do our best to keep things calm and have pre-warned anybody attending that bad behaviour will not be tolerated.

If you wanted to bring stewards then it is up to you.

I'd like to think nothing would happen, there are plenty of people on here who hate SiSU, but I don't think they are going to start running at him throwing haymakers. The most that would happen is people on here would be saying "Why hasn't anybody punched him".

As Grendel says, the bloke walks around the game where the fans are. He wonders around train stations on away days.

clint van damme

Get the point - but wasn't this the same Trust that criticised Chris Anderson for wanting to do some 'prep work' in regards to requesting info in writing prior to any discussion on Academy.
So what's good for the goose is not apparently good for the gander....

I thought the purpose of an open member's meeting is to discuss members issues - not the SBT Board's view of what they think they might be?

Perhaps both sides can publicly post on the SBT site and the members can then see what the "issues "are

but I think in this case the issue is more to do with personal safety rather than trying to set the agenda, it only takes one idiot and if something happens at an event organised by the trust they'll never live it down.

Nick

Administrator
but I think in this case the issue is more to do with personal safety rather than trying to set the agenda, it only takes one idiot and if something happens at an event organised by the trust they'll never live it down.

How is the trust board meeting with Fisher going to prevent it if it isn't him insisting on it though? Why would Fisher need to tell the trust board stuff to satisfy them before it goes ahead?

Surely people there would have enough respect for the trust, moz, cj and the rest of the board to not show them up? Doesn't matter how much they hate him and SISU.

I hope they have had a pre meeting with Simon to stop him knocking everybody out who isn't from Canley*

giphy.gif

*This is a joke, no disrespect to Canley.

clint van damme

How is the trust board meeting with Fisher going to prevent it if it isn't him insisting on it though? Why would Fisher need to tell the trust board stuff to satisfy them before it goes ahead?

Surely people there would have enough respect for the trust, moz, cj and the rest of the board to not show them up? Doesn't matter how much they hate him and SISU.
I don't know, I don't know what their concerns are, but with such an emotive issue it just seems sensible to me to put a bit of planning in.

oldfiver

That could happen anyway if some loonie comes with the intention of kicking off - regardless of what any pre meeting agreement.
That is a general security issue which should be considered at any meeting

Nick

Administrator
I don't know, I don't know what their concerns are, but with such an emotive issue it just seems sensible to me to put a bit of planning in.

It's a newsletter to trust members saying "look, you are here as trust members, we don't want any trouble as it just discredits anything that we have ever done or do". What have they done in the past at open meetings? Surely they would have thought about things like that before?

It doesn't need a full on security plan like he is Obama.

I think it's actually insulting to the trust, as I can't see anything happening. I can't see people like LAST, BHSB etc letting it happen. (No matter what secret thoughts they have).

The bit about the trust being satisfied with what they are told is more telling.

clint van damme

It's a newsletter to trust members saying "look, you are here as trust members, we don't want any trouble as it just discredits anything that we have ever done or do".

The bit about the trust being satisfied with what they are told is more telling.
if there is another agenda to this pre forum meeting than that's a different issue. Do you know that there is or are you reading between the lines? That quote would suggest there's something else.

Nick

Administrator
if there is another agenda to this pre forum meeting than that's a different issue. Do you know that there is or are you reading between the lines? That quote would suggest there's something else.

If what we hear at that private meeting is satisfactory and the issue I stated above is resolved then I don't have a problem with it

What needs to be heard first before letting him do an open meeting?

chiefdave

I don't see any need for a pre-meeting re security. If Fisher agrees to come then he clearly isn't concerned.

As others have said he's not hard to find if someone wanted to have a go.

The more I think about it the more I actually find it pretty insulting that the trust don't believe our fans can be relied on not to be violent at a meeting like this.

skybluesam66

to me it seems as though my very first post was along the right lines - there seems to be a totally disjointed view of what the trust are doing and supposed to represent

olderskyblue

I don't see any need for a pre-meeting re security. If Fisher agrees to come then he clearly isn't concerned.

As others have said he's not hard to find if someone wanted to have a go.

The more I think about it the more I actually find it pretty insulting that the trust don't believe our fans can be relied on not to be violent at a meeting like this.

Yes, and I'm sure if they hadn't considered it, and something did happen, you would be the first on here criticising them

chiefdave

Yes, and I'm sure if they hadn't considered it, and something did happen, you would be the first on here criticising them
I would certainly criticise the person who did something and if the trust had done something to provoke the situation I'd also criticise them but I happen to believe that supporters can manage to go to a meeting without starting a fight.

chiefdave

Safety would be considered for any open meeting surely anyway?
What checks were made when the chap from Wasps attended or for Simon Gilberts appearance. If we're talking about random pissed up nutters it could happen at any meeting.

CJ_covblaze

Ian1779

CJ_covblaze

So now the Trust meeting is to be a promotional event for a guy selling a story that isn't even his.

No. It's an event when a local journo that has knowledge on many relevant subjects and on the club he supports can answer questions. If you're that bothered about it please feel free to come along and pass on your opinion. If you can't make it email me and I'll do it for you.

NorthernWisdom

No. It's an event when a local journo that has knowledge on many relevant subjects and on the club he supports can answer questions. If you're that bothered about it please feel free to come along and pass on your opinion. If you can't make it email me and I'll do it for you.

Edit, you answered it in part but...

Is the eventbrite registration compulsory to be let in?

Last edited:

oldfiver

Will we have to register our questions for approval beforehand?

Nick

Administrator
Quick update. Simon will have copies of his book for sale and is donating 10% of all sales on the night to the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund out of his own pocket. For anyone that wants to attend please register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sky-blue-trust-open-meeting-tickets-29082773358?ref=ebtnebregn

it;s a bit late now for him to start acting worried about the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund, why for months have they refused to promote the stuff at tifosy?

It's all well and good giving it the charity line and playing on the own pocket,

To be honest, that's embarrassing to play on charity like that and give it the out of his own pocket shit to sell some books.

Know what makes it even worse? He was been selling it at 30% off anyway.

All well and good giving it the charity line and if the legacy fund receive lots of money it's great, but to play on it to sell some books and promote the meeting is wrong. Especially as he has outright refused to write about the tifosy stuff for months.

All of your credibility has gone, and it is actually quite offensive to the people who have donated to play on it like that to promote some books.

Why are you going out of your way to promote his book as well with shit like this?

Edit 30 minutes later: Sorry for the rant but that did really annoy! It's nothing against you CJ personally, apologies if it reads harsh.

Last edited:

cloughie

Easy - organsie an open meeting, invite Fisher, ask him questions- some prepared, others from audience. Call the meeting Question Time (clue - the BBC use this format).
Nick - make sure you attend. Then you can't be accused of sniping from the sidelines.

Yes would you attend ....any meeting nick

Nick

Administrator
Yes would you attend ....any meeting nick

No, can get to fuck after this book promotion shit and playing on charity to sell some books.

Some good people on here have donated and bought stuff. People I will probably disagree with about all of the politics, but using it to promote a book event isn't on.

I can sit and take the SISU lover, the digs, the baiting all day but this has struck a nerve :(

olderskyblue

I would certainly criticise the person who did something and if the trust had done something to provoke the situation I'd also criticise them but I happen to believe that supporters can manage to go to a meeting without starting a fight.

You'd hope so, but I still think it's sensible to at least consider the alternative.

NorthernWisdom

I might have to go just to find someone who's read it, so I can get my sodding review of it at last.

Or alternatively I'll help Gilbert donate £1.20 out of his own pocket, once all the sales have been added up ;)

olderskyblue

Yes, I might go along....just to see the fighting :-;

(Nick and Simon)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's a newsletter to trust members saying "look, you are here as trust members, we don't want any trouble as it just discredits anything that we have ever done or do". What have they done in the past at open meetings? Surely they would have thought about things like that before?

I think it's actually insulting to the trust, as I can't see anything happening. I can't see people like LAST, BHSB etc letting it happen. (No matter what secret thoughts they have).

Wasn't going to come back on but somebody told me you mentioned me again. I'm not going to the meeting with Gilbert and I wouldnt go to a meeting with Fisher. I've had enough of all this crap and going to anymore of these meetings would just make things worse so I've decided to just ignore them. No more marches no more demos just going to the matches from now on. Just a few questions, these protest groups where have you been for the last few years? Same question about all these new members on here? To all the people on here who keep saying we should get behind the team why don't you try it? How were you getting behind the team on Tuesday? Murmuring is not a valid answer.

Users who are viewing this thread