#SkyBlueFightingFund - Would you pledge £1K to buy the club? (3 Viewers)

L

longjohnskyblue

Sadly from day one this was a non starter. A few people were saying when they started that expecting people to invest £1k in a newly formed venture (using the name of an older group) with internal squabblings, no viable business plan, and no clear leadership is never going to get the kind of sums required. Also they seem to forget that Swansea managed to raise just £100k and took years. The entire concept was a non-starter, yet anyone who disagreed was shot down at the smallest sign of criticism. Well it'as now crunch time, over a year later and still no plan in sight! That doesn't bode well for their ability to run the club!

Time to thank the trust for their efforts in raising awareness and to start looking for a real viable alternative to sisu. Fan ownership is fine, but without sufficient funds it is unworkable.

L

longjohnskyblue

Seeing as though you know so much can you tell me how much was spent on the mannequin and the professional made banners?

Even 1p was too much if it came out of the fighting fund to save the club!

Justify it all you want, spending money from a fighting fund to save the club on anything other than buying the club is unjustifiable!

Just shows there is no leadership at the trust and they are unfit for purpose!

Greggs

Send a fan to every 'home' match today with a bucket. Would raise a few quid i think.

TurkeyTrot

Even 1p was too much if it came out of the fighting fund to save the club!

Justify it all you want, spending money from a fighting fund to save the club on anything other than buying the club is unjustifiable!

Just shows there is no leadership at the trust and they are unfit for purpose!

So what you're really saying is you don't know, but still feel qualified to make a statement you haven't a clue about? :)

Sutty

Firstly thanks for the feedback guys. The rule change at the AGM a couple of months back was to allow us to issue Community Shares if and when the time comes. It's something we discuss regularly.

Sutty can I ask what you mean about Jan being sidelined? He has been in the local and national media over a dozen times in the last couple of days representing the Trust! Also someone on our board owns a printing company so I shouldn't worry about that side of things!

I remember him stepping down a while back over the direction the Trust was taking. I'm aware he's back now but I tend to find his message is lost in the noise somewhat. I'm prepared to accept I'm in the minority in preferring Jan's more neutral stance over a general SISU out stance though.

TurkeyTrot

I remember him stepping down a while back over the direction the Trust was taking. I'm aware he's back now but I tend to find his message is lost in the noise somewhat. I'm prepared to accept I'm in the minority in preferring Jan's more neutral stance over a general SISU out stance though.

Sutty, Jan has never stepped down or back. The stance of the board at this moment in time is to keep Coventry in Coventry. Who are the board members who have taken a SISU out stance?
Bit like long John, if you say it enough people will start to believe you regardless if there's any truth in it.

valiant15

Would you donate £1K to the #SkyBlueFighting fund to go into the Sky Blue Trust's coffers to be used in the critical event that a bid of part or full ownership was needed?

Portsmouth fans paid £1k each. I know the club isn't for sale at this time, well at least not the part of the club worth having, but I feel this campaign is now more positive and more productive than #NotOnePennyMore. Or if you do follow NOPM, surety the end goal of it is to force SISU out, so wouldn't you rather the Trust be there, ready and with capital to get involved?

Would be great if you use Twitter to see your pledges on there; but failing that please post them on here.

I would yes.

Sutty

His resignation letter is in this thread:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/14457-Save-Our-City-Changes?highlight=resignation

Admittedly this is a resignation from Save Our City, not from the Trust as I first thought, apologies. However, I don't feel the message has evolved significantly from SOC.

As for 'SISU out board members', I don't think there are any per se. However, each statement and movement is very much tilted towards an anti-SISU message as opposed to apportioning blame elsewhere. The Joy Seppala statue being a good example.

The Keep Coventry In Coventry message is one I am in full support of, and I think the Trust should do more to pressure all sides towards ensuring this happens. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the KCIC rally was by far the most well-attended and most successful.

I'm of the opinion that a fans' trust is an important thing at any club, so I appreciate the efforts of everyone at the Trust. I do feel these efforts could be better directed though. Just my view, anyway.

Grappa

Jan has never resigned. Anyway, who are the SISU out board members?

I think Sutty's talking about when Jan resigned from SOC.

If you take a look at the statement issued by the Trust yesterday, why do you directly mention Sisu, Joy Sepalla and the FL but make no mention of ACL turning down the CVA? Are you happy about them doing it? If so, why? Are you unhappy about it? Ambivalent? ACL were the news yesterday, yet the Trust make no mention of it. Why?

TurkeyTrot

I think Sutty's talking about when Jan resigned from SOC.

If you take a look at the statement issued by the Trust yesterday, why do you directly mention Sisu, Joy Sepalla and the FL but make no mention of ACL turning down the CVA? Are you happy about them doing it? If so, why? Are you unhappy about it? Ambivalent? ACL were the news yesterday, yet the Trust make no mention of it. Why?

Of course the boards stance has hardened towards SISU. But that isn't what has been said. The board has been accused of being specifically "SISU out" the point in making is that people post what they want, with either good or bad intentions and all of a sudden it becomes fact. Take long John for example. The trust didn't spend a penny in the dummy or the banners. The fighting fund was never set up to buy the club. These are facts but lets not that get in the way of BS.

Grappa

Of course the boards stance has hardened towards SISU. But that isn't what has been said. The board has been accused of being specifically "SISU out" the point in making is that people post what they want, with either good or bad intentions and all of a sudden it becomes fact. Take long John for example. The trust didn't spend a penny in the dummy or the banners. The fighting fund was never set up to buy the club. These are facts but lets not that get in the way of BS.

That's semantics though. Every single protest you've organised has had posters and banners with Sisu out on, for example. The Trust evolved from SOC which was totally Sisu out. I'd be quite happy myself to see the back of them but where is the pressure on ACL? Why have they been given such an easy ride? They pulled the trigger yesterday. What do the Trust think about what they (ACL) did?

TurkeyTrot

"The trust evolved from the SOC..."
There you go again. The Sky Blue Trust has been going for years, long before the recent SOC was formed and fell apart.

Grappa

How many of those running SOC are now with the 'resurrected' Trust?

And what do you think about ACL's performance yesterday?

Edit: The question's are directed at Turkey Trot, forgot to quote him.

Last edited:

TurkeyTrot

How many of those running SOC are now with the 'resurrected' Trust?

And what do you think about ACL's performance yesterday?

Edit: The question's are directed at Turkey Trot, forgot to quote him.

How many? Not too sure, probably around half and half or maybe less on the SOC side but I could be wrong. 4 of the board members have been members before (including myself)
As far as recent events (last 24/ 48 hours) I've not taken it all in. I decided to catch up with the in putting of membership data when i finished work last night to ensure as many members as possible will receive updates.

boycie85

Dont trust the sky blue trust - please dont donate your well earnt money to this - ccfc isnt for sale nor will be !!!!!!!!!!!!

stupot07

Sutty, Jan has never stepped down or back. The stance of the board at this moment in time is to keep Coventry in Coventry. Who are the board members who have taken a SISU out stance?
Bit like long John, if you say it enough people will start to believe you regardless if there's any truth in it.

The latest Press Release from the Trust is entirely anti sisu and Appleton, and does not acknowledge ACLs role in rejecting the CVA which appears they wanted it on the conditions of dropping the JUdicial review and signing the rent agreement, not because they did it for the fans.

shmmeee

Dont trust the sky blue trust - please dont donate your well earnt money to this - ccfc isnt for sale nor will be !!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to back that up with anything?

Especially as Sisu have said a sale is the endgame since day one.

shmmeee

The latest Press Release from the Trust is entirely anti sisu and Appleton, and does not acknowledge ACLs role in rejecting the CVA which appears they wanted it on the conditions of dropping the JUdicial review and signing the rent agreement, not because they did it for the fans.

The role of the trust is to represent their members views. You may disagree with the majority but they are the majority views.

By the way, in the thousands of forum posts I've seen on here and GMK I'd say if anything a slight majority of the "refusal to blame anyone else" comes from the anti-ACL lobby like yourself who see it as their personal mission to step into every thread and provide "balance".

L

longjohnskyblue

Yet again utter BS from Turkey shit
Sky Blues Trust was effectively disbanded for years.

This bastard child has been reformed for about a year

at least get your facts right tosser.

stupot07

The role of the trust is to represent their members views. You may disagree with the majority but they are the majority views.

By the way, in the thousands of forum posts I've seen on here and GMK I'd say if anything a slight majority of the "refusal to blame anyone else" comes from the anti-ACL lobby like yourself who see it as their personal mission to step into every thread and provide "balance".

Fair enough.

And for the record I am more anti-sisu that anti-ACL but I get frustrated by the majority of anti-sisu posters who seem to hold ACL as heroes, completely blameless and victims, and hang on every word PWKH says on here as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'm not going to Northampton, I'm not going to away games and I won't be buying and merchandise, so I'm obviously not 'pro-sisu'

L

longjohnskyblue

Beg your pardon the fighting fund wasn't set up to buy the club?

The fighting fund was specifically set up to "pay for any expenses needed to buy the club". It was stated time and again this was what it was for. To allow for paying legal fees etc

Yet more lies and BS from the board of "the trust".

It was shoved down everyones throat when they formed. The trust is a last resort when all other attempts to buy the club have failed.

NOPM to the sky blues trust. Just look at the BS and bile coming from them when you reveal the truth !

The whole point of a fighting fund is to buy a club, otherwise what is the point? Lies lies and propaganda from Turkey shit

NorthernWisdom

Would you agree that the numbers turning up for a Keep Coventry in Coventry march demonstrates the majority want that sorted before anything else?

As such, wouldn't a statement encouraging both sides to actually talk to each other be more (well, I hesitate to use the word effective, but you get the point) effective than seemingly taking 'sides'?

TurkeyTrot

Would you agree that the numbers turning up for a Keep Coventry in Coventry march demonstrates the majority want that sorted before anything else?

As such, wouldn't a statement encouraging both sides to actually talk to each other be more (well, I hesitate to use the word effective, but you get the point) effective than seemingly taking 'sides'?

As the membership secretary I get all the e-mails. I'd say a good 50% are of a SISU out nature, 45% are KCIC nature, and 5% either blame CCC and ACL or apportion blame. Although I've had a number of e mails recently asking about a Phoenix club.

NorthernWisdom

As the membership secretary I get all the e-mails. I'd say a good 50% are of a SISU out nature, 45% are KCIC nature, and 5% either blame CCC and ACL or apportion blame. Although I've had a number of e mails recently asking about a Phoenix club.

And which protest got the most people?

The SISU Outs, the NOPMs, or the KCiC?

As MT Hancock proves with the Telegraph, people are more keen to write when they're REALLY angry, as opposed to slightly.

Last edited:

TurkeyTrot

And which protest got the most people?

The SISU Outs, the NOPMs, or the KCiC?

Dont know of any SISU out protests, from what I can gather the NOPM protests are flash mobs and have probably got more national coverage than the KCiC protest. The Trusts stance at this moment in time is KCiC as this is what most of the members want.

Users who are viewing this thread