Slade's post Oldham interview ..... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Did anyone think he sounded like he was on the verge of giving up ? Some of the stuff about it being easier if we were really rubbish all the time made me wonder if he was becoming desperate . If we lose the next two matches I do wonder whether he'll get to the end of the season.

stupot07

It sounded more like anger amd frustration to me, rather than resignation.

I bet thr players were quiet on thr coach on the way home, sounded to me like Slade had a torn a huge strip off them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cloughie

Did anyone think he sounded like he was on the verge of giving up ? Some of the stuff about it being easier if we were really rubbish all the time made me wonder if he was becoming desperate . If we lose the next two matches I do wonder whether he'll get to the end of the season.
He has evaluated the team / squad and knows we are doomed and nothing can stop this decline.
we are doomed.......................................Mr Mannering

Paxman II

As I said on another thread he does not come across with any sense of urgency or that he could tear a strip off them. He has made the mistakes in team selection in my opinion. Also we lack a real captain in the dressing room. Where the hell is Stokes?

Sky Blue Harry H

As I said on another thread he does not come across with any sense of urgency or that he could tear a strip off them. He has made the mistakes in team selection in my opinion. Also we lack a real captain in the dressing room. Where the hell is Stokes?

Waiting for Godot (for Godot, read contract to expire)

bringbackrattles

He was angry and showed passion but if his players don't share his anger etc what's the point ? We're going down and he knows that but us fans will be here long after he's gone,and on the performances by most of the team we'll be here long after they've gone too.
It's going to be a strange time between now and the end of the season,yes we've got the Wembley trip to look forward to,but also the reality of relegation as well.

Gazolba

He has evaluated the team / squad and knows we are doomed and nothing can stop this decline.
It wasn't Mr Mannering, it was Private Frazer. Someone needs to make a looping GIF out of this.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Walked by the training ground, he had them in working their paces and lots of shouting, running and working hard in the wet and cold.

Not sure it will help for Tuesday, manager is not capable of selecting the right 11, maybe he should look at himself and not just the players.

phildownunder

Just to go all pedantic (well it`s better than talking football at present), It was actually Mainwaring, but pronounced Mannering.

Brylowes

He would have been expecting a lot more from the players after the effort and commitment
On show against Wycombe, probably thought that was somewhere to build from, but then
Came the almighty bump back to earth.

bawtryneal

I like Slade. For me he should be the manager next season to get us promoted back to League 1.
He had no chance this season really. The whole team is low on confidence and needs a complete re think from top to bottom. Needs proven League 1/League 2 players next year, not kids. Assuming budget allows, of course.

Nick

Administrator
He just sounded pissed off to me and it made sense with why he was annoyed.

Still, it gives him stuff to work on in training and if the defence can't clear the ball he did bring 3 of the 4 in.

Otis

He just sounded pissed off to me and it made sense with why he was annoyed.

Still, it gives him stuff to work on in training and if the defence can't clear the ball he did bring 3 of the 4 in.
Yep. If we still keep shipping in silly goals now the finger points at Slade. Foley, Clarke and Rawson are all his players.

I do however also feel that our defence has the jitters because the keepers behind them instill no confidence in them.

Both keepers are very error prone.

better days

The danger is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Yes we had a team which was too young and lacked leadership once Sam Ricketts retired
But they were nearly all talented young players who needed older heads around them
Apart from Checkatrade games they are mostly not starting now but results haven't improved

shmmeee

You need a solid spine to hang the younger players off.

Next season whoever is in charge needs a GK, CB, ST all between 25 and 30 with the right attitude and physique for L2, probably a DM as well.

fernandopartridge

I've calmed down a bit from Saturday now, I think I was probably a little bit unfair to Slade. The system he went with actually worked quite well, nothing he can do about basic errors from alleged professionals.

That said, my biggest criticism is that it took him too long to react to a clear change in the balance of the game early in the second half, as well as the unnecessary personnel changes in the back 4.

bringbackrattles

I expect a huge clear out in the summer. We're going to be in League Two so whoever the manager is he'll have to make do with loans and journeymen and the odd youngster.Bit like this season then !

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I've calmed down a bit from Saturday now, I think I was probably a little bit unfair to Slade. The system he went with actually worked quite well, nothing he can do about basic errors from alleged professionals.

That said, my biggest criticism is that it took him too long to react to a clear change in the balance of the game early in the second half, as well as the unnecessary personnel changes in the back 4.

That’s my biggest gripe – these are alleged professionals, 2 of the back 4 are very experienced players at this level. Comes a point, like the 3rd goal from Saturday, where the players involved have to hold their hands up and take some accountability for this. Not saying Slade is blameless, but he is not being helped by some of the displays these players are putting on for him.

Grendel

Yep. If we still keep shipping in silly goals now the finger points at Slade. Foley, Clarke and Rawson are all his players.

I do however also feel that our defence has the jitters because the keepers behind them instill no confidence in them.

Away from home we've shipped goals all season - take a look at the amount of league games we win when Ryan Haynes starts. None this season.

covcity4life

But you acted shocked when i disputed if slade had improved defence after all...

Otis

But you acted shocked when i disputed if slade had improved defence after all...
Shocked? Did I? Post it up then. :)

I said strengthened the defence, as mentioned earlier. Bringing 3 defenders in is strengthening the defence. You are adding to your numbers and on paper it looked like we would be better as a result too.

Word was that Clarke was a very good buy and that Foley obviously had Premier experience.

You have to remember that Mowbray was looking for someone with the exact same stature of Clarke and all season we have been saying the defence wasn't strong enough.

I do feel that the back four is very wobbly in part because of the two error prone keepers behind them.

I think an experienced keeper could have made all the difference. I have always quite liked Jordan Willis at CB, but this season he too has looked a bit suspect.

The whole back line has the jitters and are making lots of mistakes.

Otis

Away from home we've shipped goals all season - take a look at the amount of league games we win when Ryan Haynes starts. None this season.
I agree. Haynes is fine going forwards, but very suspect at the back.

covcity4life

We finished 8th with rcc and burge alternating

Whilst i agree keeper position can be i.proved i think its just another excuse for venus and slades losing runs

Grendel

We finished 8th with rcc and burge alternating

Whilst i agree keeper position can be i.proved i think its just another excuse for venus and slades losing runs

And mowbrays.

steve82

I thought Slade gave a very honest damming verdict of his players that was tactically better put than what Mark Venus did.
We clearly had some good chances, but yet again individual errors cost us. Ultimately these errors are proving costly.
Several individual errors at Oldham, against Millwall Fleetwood.....
all teams make mistakes but ours always seem costly and we've no one to capitalise on our opponents errors currently.
Regular errors, players lacking mental strength, self discipline and desire to do there jobs 110% added with lack of goals and rub of the green... were bottom for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread