"Smaller" clubs now bigger than Coventry City. (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Looking at that list if you look at all those teams average attendance now have we had the biggest drop?

.....pretty much.

I think the basic question, in regard to relative success of a football club, is "What have you done recently?"

Then take the size of the city/town with the number of seasons played in the top division of English football, the number of trophies won by that club (if you are statistically minded - not 36-24-36 - then give a 'weight' to the trophy by it's importance (PL-20, FAC-12, LC-8, Youth Cup-3 etc) & standard of competition. Then you have to consider the management of the club considering investment & stability. What about a club's history: trophies won in 19th century (Villa), prior to WW1 & 2 the post war. There's more of course …….

I've always thought Cov to be similar to Middlesboro, Southampton, Norwich. Apart from Villa (just plain terrible), Leicester (likely to be 1 season wonders) & West Brom (perennial strugglers), the Midlands is hardly represented in the PL by a team pushing for honours in the game. Maybe Cove were lucky back in the 1960's to call upon a Messiah like figure to drag the club out of mediocrity into the top division. I hate to think that we are now the equivalent & on a par with Walsall & Notts Co.

pusbccfc

The worst thing for me is the fact MK Dons have crowds that are similar and sometimes bigger than ours, it really is terrible.

Gint11

Just going back to the original point, part of me cringes at the fact teams like Brighton, Bournemouth, fulham etc etc are miles ahead us but we are the coventry City of old and haven't been for over 15 years. People really need to move on from that thought trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Just out of curiosity , how many fans do we think would be at the ricoh each week if A. we had new owners that actually give a toss B. we started the season lets say as title favourites in league 1 , how many ST would or could we sell , im convinced that this club has potential , but we need some hope or expectation , i reckon we would sell 10k season tickets and get atleast 15k every week 20k for bigger games even in league 1 , considering we were getting 20k doing shite in the championship

chiefdave

Just out of curiosity , how many fans do we think would be at the ricoh each week if A. we had new owners that actually give a toss B. we started the season lets say as title favourites in league 1 , how many ST would or could we sell , im convinced that this club has potential , but we need some hope or expectation , i reckon we would sell 10k season tickets and get atleast 15k every week 20k for bigger games even in league 1 , considering we were getting 20k doing shite in the championship

Probably see a small bump up but not much. I think you'd have to wait until post Xmas and a serious run at the play offs before the crowds started to go up, even then I don't think they'd go up significantly until the very end of the season. There's been too many false dawns, people don't care and until there's a very real chance of success, like we saw with the JPT, people won't come back.

Users who are viewing this thread