Snapshot of your TV world (1 Viewer)

Otis

Away from the monotony that is everything Sky Blue and to get away from all the repetitive threads, just wondered what is currently on your Sky Plus/Tivo/Now etc.box at the moment. What programmes do you set it to record and what's on there right now?

I have a Tivo box.

At the moment mine is set to record True Blood (even though at times I find the whole thing rather ridiculous), Falling Skies (even though it annoys the hell out of me), any Columbo episode, Utopia, Dragons' Den, The Mimic, Frasier, The Honourable Woman, the Film Review on BBC News and C4's Four in a Bed (don't ask).

What is still stored on the box at the moment is Magical Mystery Tour (Arena, BBC 2), The Wolverine (Sky Movies), She-Wolves: England's Early Queens (BBC2), The Undertones Story (BBC4), Punk Britannia (BBC4) Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Channel 4), 5 episodes of Frasier (Channel 4) and The Magdalene Sisters (Channel 4).

chiefdave

Not much on over the summer is there?

Just finishing up season 3 of Person of Interest and I've been keeping up to date with The Leftovers (highly recommend that), Under the Dome, Defiance and Welcome to Sweden (if you like the American Office and / or Parks & Rec you'll probably like it).

Otis

Nope not much.

I had a few things recording a while back and they were stacking up. Now I am recording stuff like True Blood and Falling Skies that are shows I can't even get midly excited about, but just watch them out of habit.

Always wanted to see the Wire but haven't as yet.

Otis

Not much on over the summer is there?

Just finishing up season 3 of Person of Interest and I've been keeping up to date with The Leftovers (highly recommend that), Under the Dome, Defiance and Welcome to Sweden (if you like the American Office and / or Parks & Rec you'll probably like it).

Under the Dome is another show that really, really iritates me. It could be really good, but just comes across as a poor melodrama half the time in my opinion.

ajsccfc

On my Sky+ I've got the NFC Championship and Superb Owl, last episode of The Walking Dead, the Here Comes Treble episode of The Office, Rich Hall's California Stars. Currently recording the game now, and reminders for The Office and New Girl.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Downloaded all Walking Dead series. Been watching 3 or 4 episodes a night.

ajsccfc

I did the exact same when I found out that Sky+ had a catchup download thing and all the Walking Dead series were disappearing from it within two weeks. Ploughed through the entire run in about 10 days.

Houchens Head

I use a torrent site. Download, watch when I want.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ben & Holly, Mr Tumble, Peppa Pig and then a few bits for the kids! Football fight club, Silicon Valley, Milton Jones.

Nick

Administrator
I have Sky+ Hd, soon to be BT Youview HD.

Also got an Android box with XBMC, amazing for streaming / films. 1080p with 7.1 isn't bad for a little box!

rob9872

Only thing im currently into is the royal marines training, but sport apart I wouldn't go out of my way to watch anything. Not taped a programme fir about 10 years. Find things like comedy panel shows watchable but soaps and dramas etc never.

turlykerd

ive got loads of "its always sunny in Philadelphia" "peep show" and "impractical jokers", im saving the whole season of falling skies so i can binge watch when its over.
ive also kept up with the leftovers, but im starting to get a little frustrated with that as nothing seems to be relating to the pilot or point of the show.

i loved the wire, and walking dead, 2 top shows ... and im also in games of thrones withdrawal.

also, i dont know if you guys can get john olivers new show on HBO but its very funny

oh, and i have several teletubbies that my 18 month old grandaughters hooked on and i watch daily with her :)

ajsccfc

Yeah, the John Oliver thing is on Sky Atlantic, I think on Mondays. It's WAY better than I feared considering he left the Daily Show to do what may as well be called the Weekly Show.

olderskyblue

Recording Banshee

Finished off The Blacklist series, quite enjoyed it the further it went.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've got a Tivo box which is 15% full.....almost exclusively classic films recorded over the last few years....

Got no time to watch telly really with kids, dog & own business.....

If I do ever get an hour or 2 to sit down & relax.....I'll play my records.

ajsccfc

I get mocked at work for a) paying for music b) buying and listening to CDs

However, I lick all the cups in the morning so I win.

jimmyhillsfanclub

What's a record? You mean Ipod yah?

Ha...No, I mean records.....shiny beautiful vinyl.

I do have an Ipod....it was a present....good job as I would never buy an apple product.....

I find that whilst digitally stored music is convenient for travel & parties etc.....its shit for listening to an actual body of work such as an album......especially as most people consume their music through shitty tinny speakers on a poxy device of some sort...

Give me a vinyl record played on my Technics deck via my Marantz Amp & Bang & Olufsen speakers any day of the week.....:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

Covstu

I have a tivobox but i must admit i hardly watch TV so might take a view on changing it to a cheaper option. Most of it is full of kids films, programmes etc. The main thing i have on there is a few random films recorded off tv, 4film etc but if i watch a film it will be streamed off the phone from showbox. Rewatching 'Lost' at the moment, i watched it up to season 2 before it go moved to sky and lost it at the point (excuse pun).

Si80

We have a Sky+ Box that's about 50% full. Highlights are mainly stuff from Sky Arts HD (Oasis, Blur, Skunk Anansie, Primal Scream and Garbage all live). Loads of food programmes recorded too, especially with GBBO now back on.

Then theirs a few films, White Men Can't Jump, Sharknado 2 and RoboCroc being the latest recorded :D

F1 & BTCC are set to series link. Then the wife takes over and the rest of the box is full of Don't Tell The Bride and Embarrassing Bodies.....

turlykerd

We have a Sky+ Box that's about 50% full. Highlights are mainly stuff from Sky Arts HD (Oasis, Blur, Skunk Anansie, Primal Scream and Garbage all live). Loads of food programmes recorded too, especially with GBBO now back on.

Then theirs a few films, White Men Can't Jump, Sharknado 2 and RoboCroc being the latest recorded :D

F1 & BTCC are set to series link. Then the wife takes over and the rest of the box is full of Don't Tell The Bride and Embarrassing Bodies.....

some good bands on there :)

skybluetony176

Anything to do with cars. Wheeler Dealers and Fast and Loud being my favourites. Don't mind some of the US TV series such as Lie to me.

skybluejelly

Been watching quite a few American series on flixanity..but like wheeler dealers ,salvage hunters..and for some reason lizard lick towing ..even though it is the biggest load of bollocks on telly

ccfctommy

Ha...No, I mean records.....shiny beautiful vinyl.

I do have an Ipod....it was a present....good job as I would never buy an apple product.....

I find that whilst digitally stored music is convenient for travel & parties etc.....its shit for listening to an actual body of work such as an album......especially as most people consume their music through shitty tinny speakers on a poxy device of some sort...

Give me a vinyl record played on my Technics deck via my Marantz Amp & Bang & Olufsen speakers any day of the week.....:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

I still buy CD's. Got about 350 of them. Have never listened to vinyl.

Houchens Head

I still buy CD's. Got about 350 of them. Have never listened to vinyl.

Can't believe you've never had the pleasure of listening to vinyl Tommy! Best format ever. You should have a listen if you get the opportunity!

Houchens Head

Good on you Houch. You know it makes sense. :wave:

I've spent the afternoon downloading a good few tracks from all the Walking Dead Series. There are some great tracks form a lot of bands and singers I've never heard of, but really good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread