so 4 games (1 Viewer)

sylus

one goal 2 defeats and 2 goalless home draws..f,kin shit..

FRY-CCFC

The funny thing is we haven't been absolutely awful. We've been ok, obviously not as good as the start of last year but we've looked ok. For me, I'd like to see us revert to a 4-2-3-1 or any form of 4 at the back really. I'm not a fan of 3/5 at the back formations and we don't have a good enough RWB to make one work.

Still 42 games to go, a win or two on the bounce and the mood changes and like I said after Bury/Shrewbury, we're very close to being a good side.

Nick

Administrator
The funny thing is we haven't been absolutely awful. We've been ok, obviously not as good as the start of last year but we've looked ok. For me, I'd like to see us revert to a 4-2-3-1 or any form of 4 at the back really. I'm not a fan of 3/5 at the back formations and we don't have a good enough RWB to make one work.

Still 42 games to go, a win or two on the bounce and the mood changes and like I said after Bury/Shrewbury, we're very close to being a good side.
That's the thing, we need a rwb if rose out. Rose is only really there to cover himself anyway.

We haven't been awful and have created lots of decent chances.

sylus

oh come on! you can try and take the positives out of that utter tripe games as much as you like,but the early signs are ..we are shit

SkyBlue_Bear83

We were shit against Bury, the other 3 matches we could have won all of them. If we had Agyei I reckon we would have beat Swindon and Shrewsbury and today we were looking comfortable until the red card.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The scary thing is, that's what happened the year we got relegated from the championship. We were competing and weren't particularly that shit, we just didn't quite have enough.

I'm not saying we're going to get relegated by any means, just a comparison with performance vs results.

Nick

Administrator
The scary thing is, that's what happened the year we got relegated from the championship. We were competing and weren't particularly that shit, we just didn't quite have enough.

I'm not saying we're going to get relegated by any means, just a comparison with performance vs results.
The thing with competing and not quite having enough is down to the managers I think.

Especially things like failing to react to the opposition changes.

FRY-CCFC

There is comparisons to that season, strong at the back but toothless up top as well. (Though hopefully Agyei sorts that)

Ashdown

The signs were a lot better today by all accounts. The frustrating thing for me is that we won't be a force until mid September at this rate which is not good enough. Lets be honest the fans want a team to watch ALL season, who wants to turn up and pay to watch a side half finished for the first 7 weeks of the season.
The warning lights for me again are with Mowbray, I think he is following on from last year when he panics into chopping and changing things way too much.

Otis

The signs were a lot better today by all accounts. The frustrating thing for me is that we won't be a force until mid September at this rate which is not good enough. Lets be honest the fans want a team to watch ALL season, who wants to turn up and pay to watch a side half finished for the first 7 weeks of the season.
The warning lights for me again are with Mowbray, I think he is following on from last year when he panics into chopping and changing things way too much.
It is not ideal at all.

If you want to challenge in this division it is not a wise move to 'start' your season one month later than your main rivals.

percy

dont know exactly where the blame lies but mowbray is half way into a two year project but instead of building on the successes of last season we have pretty much started all over again !!!!!

stupot07

Not only that our loan signings are only until Jan.

*yes, it is possible that some may stay on beyond Jan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree.

I think it's also business suicide to say that they are not going to have a full competitive team until September, but then take season tickets off sale in August too.

When (if) we start winning, I think they'll be a lot less people inclined to whack out £25 to go.

Nick

Administrator
dont know exactly where the blame lies but mowbray is half way into a two year project but instead of building on the successes of last season we have pretty much started all over again !!!!!
Its looking like a longer one, with signing Jones, Turnbull etc on decent contracts and Venus going onto the board.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It does feel like that Percy.

I don't think we'd have the approval of the Fat Controller, put it that way.

Tonylinc

I think that we all know where the blame lies

Martin180

Must take issue with the starting all over again comments , we are starting to tie down our players to long term contracts and our recruitment seems to be with an eye on longevity rather than short term fixes.Of course it is frustrating we haven't fired fully yet through a combination of injuries , bad decision making and a lack of finishing touches to the squad .
I still remain positive we are in for a successful season and hope there will be more investment in players both in this window and in January

SBT

That's the thing, we need a rwb if rose out. Rose is only really there to cover himself anyway.

Rose isn't a RWB. I've got no problem with TM using a formation that uses wing backs, but if you're going to do it I'd rather he make sure he has the personnel first.

skyblue025

I've been to 3 games this season an in every one we have played well first 1/2 and should of been 2 or 3 up. As soon as 1/2 time comes we seem to stop playing and have been turd second half. Not sure if this is fitness, tactics or opposition manger changing his tactics to nullify us. It's worrying we can't string a good 90 minutes together. Today we just collapsed after the sending off.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I've been to 3 games this season an in every one we have played well first 1/2 and should of been 2 or 3 up. As soon as 1/2 time comes we seem to stop playing and have been turd second half. Not sure if this is fitness, tactics or opposition manger changing his tactics to nullify us. It's worrying we can't string a.good 90 minutes together. Today we just collapsed after the sending off.

Pompey game we were absymal 1stvthen 2nd half (helped by Jones introduction) we dominated the 2nd half & whole of ET & yes I know it was Pompey's reserves.

ccfcway

very early doors. Only a few wins behind the top placed team and not at full strength. When we get the new signings, Turnbell back, the rest up to speed, we will be fine

Nick

Administrator
I've been to 3 games this season an in every one we have played well first 1/2 and should of been 2 or 3 up. As soon as 1/2 time comes we seem to stop playing and have been turd second half. Not sure if this is fitness, tactics or opposition manger changing his tactics to nullify us. It's worrying we can't string a good 90 minutes together. Today we just collapsed after the sending off.
Bury manager made I sub I think. (I think it was anyway, could have been shrews) and it changed it.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Will am I I agree continual cuts don't help but getting the likes of Agyei in late when I'm don't think he would have been in Burnley's plans for season and as SkyBlue Bear 83 said those games were winnable might have built up momentum for today's game, poor management.

Martin180

Will am I I agree continual cuts don't help but getting the likes of Agyei in late when I'm don't think he would have been in Burnley's plans for season and as SkyBlue Bear 83 said those games were winnable might have built up momentum for today's game, poor management.
Can t agree with that I'm afraid , Mowbray said all summer it would be late on until the loanees came in due to the Premier League squads being finalised .
I just feel we have been incredibly unlucky with the injuries to Thomas and Sordell , you can't plan for them

Users who are viewing this thread