So...... any clashes for Saturday and the World Cup QF? (1 Viewer)

Otis

I see The Cure are playing in Hyde Park on Saturday. Word is the support acts may not get much of a turnout in the afternoon there.

Think it is also Pride in London, but as gay people don't like football that won't be an issue anyway.

My daughter has a show on, but that is not until 7. Dare say some of the kids may well be a bit gutted though, because they have to be at the theatre from 12.

Anyone got a clash? Wedding? Party? Anything else?

Nick

Administrator
The city game has been moved forward, hopefully that will get some live updates to read before watching the England match. :)

xcraigx

I'm working, but I've got a laptop and Wi-Fi so I should be fine. I did the same for the England - Wales game in 2016 and kept hearing cheers and boos coming from other shops whilst nothing interesting was happening on screen. I think I ended up about 5 minutes behind real time so looked a right plank going crazy when we won 5 minutes after it had actually happened.

Otis

I do always feel sorry for any events that may well suffer as a result of a big game on the TV.

Think it is the Allesley Festival too isn't it.

There's a Burger and Beer festival on at Fargo. Wonder if they will put the football on? Am guessing not, as it is not really their thing and they wouldn't want to attract the wrong sort of crowd, but they couuld well lose out if they don't so.

olderskyblue

Grandchild's birthday party...not good form to miss that...! (need to find a way though...)

ovduk78

My brother and friend are coming up on friday to watch British Superbikes at Knockhill and we normally go saturday & sunday. They are coming up in the car as my friend is having treatment for cancer and I have told them I will only go on the saturday if I can be back home for kick-off

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Nope made plans for this weekend around England making the 3pm quarter final (was meant to be v Germany but hey ho) roll on the weekend!

CJ_covblaze

My brother and friend are coming up on friday to watch British Superbikes at Knockhill and we normally go saturday & sunday. They are coming up in the car as my friend is having treatment for cancer and I have told them I will only go on the saturday if I can be back home for kick-off

Great little track. Had plenty of good weekends up there.

ovduk78

Great little track. Had plenty of good weekends up there.
On the positive side it's gonna be a hot one, on the negative side the midges will be out! It's a great track though and because it's not too big we move around to watch the races from different places

rob9872

I'm normally all over pre-season and looking forward to updates or a first glimpse of the newbies, but with the late finish for play offs and the World Cup on I'm less than bothered in Sutton at the moment. Can't wait for Aug 4th but the pre-season so far not capturing my imagination at all. If anything all seems a bit sudden and yet only 4 weeks to go.

W

westcountry_skyblue

St Pauls/Stokes Croft. Don't get much of either here although closer to the Mem than Ashton Gate. Aston Gate big screen was a good place to watch the game on Tuesday, although I know a couple of City fans watching it in pubs in Weston.
I watched the game v Panama in the 49 club in Weston,Going to Raddys or the Cabot on the seafront Saturday to watch the game.
Should be fun with the Usual weekend Welsh invasion in town!!

LastGarrison

Me 3 mates and our respective missus’ are booked in to Ghetto Golf at half 5 in Birmingham so hoping for no extra time.

If we get through I’m in Romania for the semis and Lithuania for the final. Cosmic.

SBAndy

Me 3 mates and our respective missus’ are booked in to Ghetto Golf at half 5 in Birmingham so hoping for no extra time.

If we get through I’m in Romania for the semis and Lithuania for the final. Cosmic.

You going to watch the game in Birmingham? There's a big screen in the archways just next to ghetto golf.

LastGarrison

You going to watch the game in Birmingham? There's a big screen in the archways just next to ghetto golf.
Looked into that but it didn’t look like they were showing it as they are still selling tickets to some kids film at 3:30!!

Then they changed it, tickets went on sale and all completely sold out in minutes!!

Users who are viewing this thread