So now GMK is back (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Not really the place to be bragging about getting banned off a forum ;)

Maybe i could be petty and ban any word of it on here and ban anybody who mentions it ;)

Nick

Administrator
how long before I get banned!

Why would you get banned? Because you run another forum? Not everybody acts about 12, it is about having a place for City Fans and not really about having a power trip because you can ban people ;)

Glad you got it sorted though and as I have mentioned a lot, there is no problem from this site with you fellas and would happily buy you all a beer but it seems like I am the enemy to you lot (hence being banned)

HappyChap

We have a bot that is bombarding the database and it takes the site down when activated, we've beefed up the security and downgraded a few people. We'll try and keep the place up till close season and then rebuild.

In the meantime there's enough room for us all - just hope the people responsible know what they're doing and what the consequences are when we trace them! It'll be good job if the frailties of GMk are not spread wider...

Onwards and upwards.

PUSB.

Voice_of_Reason

I really like Sky Blues Talk having used it since GMK started having problems. Smiles is a fantastic chap and dedicated, so from now on I'll use both Skt Blues Talk and GMK (but regret the West Terrace is not for me!")

HappyChap

Like a said, room for us all, however for an old head there's too many co-incidences for this to be just an off turf thing.

Onwards and upwards.

Live long and prosper.

TA TA.

Darth Robins

I've got to admit the ego and paranoid fantasies coming out of GMK lately are absolutely hilarious. Did that "GMK will rise again" post remind anyone else of the Iraqi information minister?

I used to be involved with running a big site back in the day (Non sports related, but in terms of traffic probably dwarfed any CCFC site that has existed (at one point it had an alexa ranking of under 5000) so there was a lot of very real money and livelihoods on the line) and I never saw anything approaching this kind of thing, there seems to be something very very weird going on behind the scenes over there, talk of being DDoS'd aside. And this is probably about the worst time in the clubs history for fans to be having this kind of squabble over something that is essentially very minor.

It'll be up for a few days and then it'll go down again.

They're blaming Bot attacks now :)

This is incredibly odd to me as well, they seem to be saying it's someone on their own personal connection doing it and if your server is taken down by someone DoS'ing it with a home connection, you've got bigger issues somewhere!

Nick

Administrator
I have Sky Blues Talk on a dedicated server, it costs a fair whack each month. Since GMK went down I have watched the bandwidth go up (nearly 35gb so far this month) and at some points it has been running the server's memory at 75% when it is busy on here (that is probably people playing Tetris in the arcade though).

I do think it has outgrown it's self and a VPS / Dedicated Server would sort the problem out.

CovLis86

Yes this is beyond childish.

We (apparently) all support Coventry City. Its a free world, so people can go to whichever website they choose. Who cares. Ive personally never been on GMK, but thoroughly enjoy this forum and will continue to use it. Please just get this locked or moved to general crap forum.

Great_Expectations

Just had a look at GMK Nick you seem to be on the end of some stick, handling yourself in a very respectable way in somewhat hostile circumstances it must be said.

I am surprised, I had not seen that side to GMK before.

Nick

Administrator
Yes this is beyond childish.

We (apparently) all support Coventry City. Its a free world, so people can go to whichever website they choose. Who cares. Ive personally never been on GMK, but thoroughly enjoy this forum and will continue to use it. Please just get this locked or moved to general crap forum.

Agreed. People can use what site they want :)

I will whack this in Off Topic.

sky_blue_up_north

Its so slow there must still be issues... think I'll be staying here, nice, and is always up...

Last edited:

dilligaf

I've got to admit the ego and paranoid fantasies coming out of GMK lately are absolutely hilarious. Did that "GMK will rise again" post remind anyone else of the Iraqi information minister?

I used to be involved with running a big site back in the day (Non sports related, but in terms of traffic probably dwarfed any CCFC site that has existed (at one point it had an alexa ranking of under 5000) so there was a lot of very real money and livelihoods on the line) and I never saw anything approaching this kind of thing, there seems to be something very very weird going on behind the scenes over there, talk of being DDoS'd aside. And this is probably about the worst time in the clubs history for fans to be having this kind of squabble over something that is essentially very minor.

This is incredibly odd to me as well, they seem to be saying it's someone on their own personal connection doing it and if your server is taken down by someone DoS'ing it with a home connection, you've got bigger issues somewhere!

darth i have no idea what any of that means, could you simplify it for us idiot's.
As for which site to go to
SBT = informative and intelligent disscusion about CCFC
GMK = A good laugh with lots of bitching and good articles from smiles
TWT = six fingered LCFC trolling site

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never heard of GMK myself and wouldn't know where to find it. Found SBT via browsing Cov related sites and was happy to join. Nick always seems very amicable as administrator and there's some great guys (and girlies) on here for a good banter!
It's not all about footie with some really good "other" threads which makes for a fun site. Keep it up Nick. Can't wait for next seasons Prediction League! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread